Suitcase question

Found 29th Apr
Hope this isn’t a silly question.....

im flying to Italy with easyJet and have booked hold luggage.

The maximum size allowed is a total h x w x d of 275cm.

SoI thought I would by a case that size. Problem is.........nobody seems to sell anything close.

Any ideas? Thx in advance
Community Updates
AskAccessoriesBag
14 Comments
“So I”

“Buy”
Thx for your inputbut I did say “hold luggage “
Even with a 32 inch suitcase you'll most likely be up to your weight allowance before its full.

Maximum total size (length + width + height) = under 275cm

You've put H x W x D Where as easyjet website is +
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 29th Apr
"There are no weight restrictions on this baggage, however it must be 56cm x 45cm x 25cm including handles and wheels"

So check sizes online and get that size or slightly smaller.
If you check 'cabin case' in luggage - most will fit
Let us know your budget and if you prefer soft or hard cases maybe we can recommend
Edited by: "Sandy1012" 29th Apr
Sandy101236 m ago

"There are no weight restrictions on this baggage, however it must be 56cm …"There are no weight restrictions on this baggage, however it must be 56cm x 45cm x 25cm including handles and wheels"So check sizes online and get that size or slightly smaller. If you check 'cabin case' in luggage - most will fitLet us know your budget and if you prefer soft or hard cases maybe we can recommend

That's for cabin luggage. They're asking about hold luggage.
Thx for the help so far, seems theres not an obvious solution
Edited by: "Swizzels" 29th Apr
275cubic centimeters is tiny, that's a box six and a bit centimetres on a side. As ScubaDudes says it's additive, not volume.
Have a look at this. Bit pricey but exactly what you need.
antler.co.uk/cab…418
Any cabin approved luggage will do. Check home bargains, b&m etc.
Unless you want to travel with something taking a big amount of space but very light, there is not point of traveling with such a big hold luggage because you will reach the maximum weight before it’s half full. (with clothes...) A not normal large suitcase should be enough imo.
Swizzels1 h, 13 m ago

Thx for the help so far, seems theres not an obvious solution

How long are you going for as the maximum easyjet size is huge. What's your maximum luggage allowance 20kg?

I think you're getting mixed up calculating the maximum hold luggage size. As I said a 32 inch case is within that size but you'd be well over 20kg, filling it up with clothes etc
As somebody above observed I do wish to travel with something large but light. I’m touched by everyone’s enthusiasm but still no closer to a larger than average suitcase. Think it might be time to get the cardboard and gaffer tape out
Easyjet have changed the weight of the hold luggage, they now have two bands with two different prices. You can now take 23kgs provided you pay for that level.

I am usually taking items to leave in my property abroad so I usually take a cardboard box as opposed to a suitcase, as a typical suitcase can weigh approx. 5-6 kgs.

The dimensions they show on the website in relation to hold luggage is usually to help with someone taking a box as opposed to a suitcase.
I assume your language allowance is about 20kg?
i would say go for medium size suitcase. I pack medium size IT luggage in full previously, it is about 19kg.
But you can get a large size if you want
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions