Expired

Suitcase/luggage - up to 25kg?

Found 29th Aug 2012
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a couple of suitcases for our travels (we usually borrow from family which isn't ideal) and notice almost every flight we go on we have roughly 25kg luggage allowance... roughly how many litres would we need for that? I know it's impossile to say for sure, but they seem to range from 40L up to 100L.

Also, could anyone please recommend one that's cheap but also good quality? We want one that'll last and will protect our belongings, so don't mind paying a little extra for decent ones.

Thanks
Community Updates
4 Comments
Size wise I don't really know however I would suggest going to TKMaxx if there is one near you, they usually have a good selection of cases. That way you can see them feel the quality and get an idea of size.
Debenhams always have great deals on quality suitcases
Original Poster
Thanks both Unfortunately I'm not near a TKMaxx, but will try to get into a store if I am near one... Debenhams is a great shout, thanks
I don't know where you get your 25kg allowance from as many are 20kg and some only a miserly 15kg. This means that the weight of the case itself is far more important than the measurements. Hard shell cases always weigh heavier than the soft bodied ones so it might be worthwhile weighing them yourself in the shop, I have a wheeled expandable soft-bodied 28" suitcase which has done at least a couple of trips abroad every year for the past 5 or 6 years and is still going strong. It cost me under £14 from Tesco.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions