SuitSupply Interview Suits

Posted 24th Dec 2019Edited by:"trojanh"
Im 6’0, not skinny (110kg) and brown skinned.

I have a few interviews in London lined up for mid Jan.

I wanted to get a Suit Supply suit, and if it doesn’t work well, take advantage of their 45 day holiday refunds and get one in store. Better to buy online tho in case of delays etc

Can anyone recommend their suit ranges? They go from 250, 450, and 700. Is it worth expensive ones?

I don’t mind spending more on suits and if the 700 and three times as good it’s a no brainer for me, but obviously the law of diminishing returns suggest otherwise.

I’ll be buying one of the suits below, and probably get some white hankie or somehh thing for a simple pocket square. When I go to a tailor should I ask for anything in particular? Are London tailors particularly better? I have a local shop that has a London branch, could be worth looking.

(ctshirts.com/uk/…=17)

(eu.suitsupply.com/en_…rce)

(eu.suitsupply.com/en_…rue)

(loake.co.uk/pro…ck/)

Alternatively, this CT Suit (ctshirts.com/uk/…=44)
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I would think it better to go to an actual shop and physically try one on. You will then be able to feel the quality (or not!), and whether it fits properly etc. Shoes, personally, I would not buy online.

Good luck with the interviews. Don't know which type of job you are seeking, but paying out £500 approx just for the interviews hopefully is worth it.

First real ordering/despatch date will be 2nd January so could then be, say 9th onwards for receipt, and you say needed mid-January? Returns/refunds/exchanges appear to be within 30 days and must be unworn.
JimboParrot24/12/2019 06:41

I would think it better to go to an actual shop and physically try one on. …I would think it better to go to an actual shop and physically try one on. You will then be able to feel the quality (or not!), and whether it fits properly etc. Shoes, personally, I would not buy online.Good luck with the interviews. Don't know which type of job you are seeking, but paying out £500 approx just for the interviews hopefully is worth it.First real ordering/despatch date will be 2nd January so could then be, say 9th onwards for receipt, and you say needed mid-January? Returns/refunds/exchanges appear to be within 30 days and must be unworn.

As above dependent really on the job you are going for a good well fitted suit will make you feel more confident, however will it make the difference in a job interview very unlikely, it will be your interview and CV, I didn't check the links, but style's in suits do change on a regular basis, therefore don't blow your budget, once most people have put a suit on(especially if you don't wear one regularly) it will make you look smarter, good luck with the interview
JimboParrot24/12/2019 06:41

I would think it better to go to an actual shop and physically try one on. …I would think it better to go to an actual shop and physically try one on. You will then be able to feel the quality (or not!), and whether it fits properly etc. Shoes, personally, I would not buy online.Good luck with the interviews. Don't know which type of job you are seeking, but paying out £500 approx just for the interviews hopefully is worth it.First real ordering/despatch date will be 2nd January so could then be, say 9th onwards for receipt, and you say needed mid-January? Returns/refunds/exchanges appear to be within 30 days and must be unworn.

Yeah of course, it is always better to try them on. But no good shops near me!
Suits aren't just for the interviews, I happen to like wearing them and that's pretty much the only expensive clothes I buy.
Yeah I need it for week commencing 14th Jan. CTShirts have 6mo returns and you can wear them... obviously if you stain them etc its a nother issue.

I was thinking of this, half canvas, s120s, woolmark suit (ctshirts.com/uk/…=44) to bide my time until I can afford MTM

I can get it guaranteed for tomorrow next day delivery for an extra tenner... but like I say I need it in 3 weeks so free student delivery it is!

sidhoooooo24/12/2019 08:37

As above dependent really on the job you are going for a good well fitted …As above dependent really on the job you are going for a good well fitted suit will make you feel more confident, however will it make the difference in a job interview very unlikely, it will be your interview and CV, I didn't check the links, but style's in suits do change on a regular basis, therefore don't blow your budget, once most people have put a suit on(especially if you don't wear one regularly) it will make you look smarter, good luck with the interview

I think you get the point more, I am a lot more confident in a well-fitted, comfortable and breathable suit. I do think being confident is half the way to selling yourself better and does have an impact on the interview. But I mean buying a good suit is mostly under the guise of interviews... I just like wearing good quality clothes. Yes, big shock on HUKD when guys here are scraping pennies around, hardly going to get any good feedback for doing something like buying better clothes that will last longer and feel better!
Edited by: "trojanh" 24th Dec 2019
I get the point perfectly. If you really want to spend that sort of money without seeing the suit first then that is up to you. Wearing a well-fitted, comfortable and breathable suit will not get you the job!

Tad insulting implying that people on here are scraping pennies around. You know nothing about us.

Tomorrow next day delivery isn't going to apply during the Christmas/New Year working hours.
Looking at the pics I'm not impressed with those suitsupply ones. I suspect that if you're 6ft and 110kg that makes you a bit chunky (sorry but I'm a bit chunky and I'm 4 inches taller and 8kg lighter) they aren't going to fit you well, they look to have very tapered legs/arms. They look like on trend fashion and tbh they're too cheap to be well made.
Looking at reviews it seems that the business model is to upsell lots of adjustments to double the price - why not just buy better in the first place?
mas9924/12/2019 12:32

Looking at the pics I'm not impressed with those suitsupply ones. I …Looking at the pics I'm not impressed with those suitsupply ones. I suspect that if you're 6ft and 110kg that makes you a bit chunky (sorry but I'm a bit chunky and I'm 4 inches taller and 8kg lighter) they aren't going to fit you well, they look to have very tapered legs/arms. They look like on trend fashion and tbh they're too cheap to be well made.Looking at reviews it seems that the business model is to upsell lots of adjustments to double the price - why not just buy better in the first place?

Yeah like I say I am not skinny

I’m gonna go to Edinburgh and try on CT stuff, some Eton shirts as well and the Loake shoe makers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions