Summer holidays - all inclusive

Found 8th Oct 2017
Anyone know where to look for an all inclusive holiday for summer 2018, for a family of 6? ( 3 adults 3 children) Preferably to Egypt, Morocco or turkey? Or if it’s to early to look now when would I start looking?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments
You need to go back to school. That's conclusive...
Is it wise to take children to Egypt, Turkey or Morocco?
Original Poster
Why what’s wrong with these countries?
I'd avoid Egypt in mid summer, the heat is unbelievable.
As regards safety, where can you actually go today which is completely safe? I was sitting in the bar in Paris earlier this year when some nutter stabbed a couple of police just down the road. London? uh uhh.
Spain....err no. Probably a little island in Greece is pretty good. Turkey and Morocco have a small risk attached to them, but no more than a Xmas trip to London.
Original Poster
airbus3305 m ago

I'd avoid Egypt in mid summer, the heat is unbelievable.As regards safety, …I'd avoid Egypt in mid summer, the heat is unbelievable.As regards safety, where can you actually go today which is completely safe? I was sitting in the bar in Paris earlier this year when some nutter stabbed a couple of police just down the road. London? uh uhh.Spain....err no. Probably a little island in Greece is pretty good. Turkey and Morocco have a small risk attached to them, but no more than a Xmas trip to London.

Yes I agree, Nowhere is completely safe!! Do u have any recommendations as to where to look for inconclusive holidays
Probably best to go to the government advice page for up to date information rather than newspaper articles,
gov.uk/for…cco
Having spent the last two summer holidays in Morocco , I have just checked prices and they are cheaper now than if you book later on . Due to arranging work holidays we normally have to book in December / January and it is definately cheaper now.

You would find Marrakesh hard going in the summer temperature wise, but Agadir is much cooler. However I would say that as someone who likes to do things outside of the hotel , Agadir won't offer you much for young children .

i completely agree with airbus330 that in this day and age no travel comes with a safety guarantee , personally I refuse to give up travelling, but do always check the government advice pages before booking and again prior to leaving
Original Poster
tinkerbellian3 m ago

Probably best to go to the government advice page for up to date …Probably best to go to the government advice page for up to date information rather than newspaper articles,https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco Having spent the last two summer holidays in Morocco , I have just checked prices and they are cheaper now than if you book later on . Due to arranging work holidays we normally have to book in December / January and it is definately cheaper now.You would find Marrakesh hard going in the summer temperature wise, but Agadir is much cooler. However I would say that as someone who likes to do things outside of the hotel , Agadir won't offer you much for young children .i completely agree with airbus330 that in this day and age no travel comes with a safety guarantee , personally I refuse to give up travelling, but do always check the government advice pages before booking and again prior to leaving

The children are aged 10,13 and 15 so I don’t really need much for young kids. Is it ok for me to ask what airline did u use to book your tickets and which hotel did u stay at?
Newonhere111111115 m ago

The children are aged 10,13 and 15 so I don’t really need much for young k …The children are aged 10,13 and 15 so I don’t really need much for young kids. Is it ok for me to ask what airline did u use to book your tickets and which hotel did u stay at?

Was going to send you a PM With the details, but I think you are too new as it won't go through, or you haven't got them enabled.

I booked through Thomsons now TUI , have flown to Morocco with their own flights but last year changed over to easy jet flights as they fly at a better time from Gatwick . It would have been cheaper to book directly with the hotel last year and do flights ourselves however, but having been to Tunisia the two years prior to the attack there I felt happier doing a package holiday . May not be much logic to it but liked the comfort of having a rep in the resort in case of any problem.

Have a look at both the Riu hotels in Agadir as a starting point.

With older children there are things to do outside the hotels , and at that age the all inclusive sports stuff at the hotel includes water polo, football,darts,beach volley ball, table tennis, French bowls etc
Original Poster
tinkerbellian4 m ago

Was going to send you a PM With the details, but I think you are too new …Was going to send you a PM With the details, but I think you are too new as it won't go through, or you haven't got them enabled. I booked through Thomsons now TUI , have flown to Morocco with their own flights but last year changed over to easy jet flights as they fly at a better time from Gatwick . It would have been cheaper to book directly with the hotel last year and do flights ourselves however, but having been to Tunisia the two years prior to the attack there I felt happier doing a package holiday . May not be much logic to it but liked the comfort of having a rep in the resort in case of any problem.Have a look at both the Riu hotels in Agadir as a starting point.With older children there are things to do outside the hotels , and at that age the all inclusive sports stuff at the hotel includes water polo, football,darts,beach volley ball, table tennis, French bowls etc

Yes I am new on here lol. Do u know how to enable the inbox so I can pm u?
Thanks a lot for all ur help! Appreciate it
Newonhere11111115 m ago

Yes I am new on here lol. Do u know how to enable the inbox so I can pm u? …Yes I am new on here lol. Do u know how to enable the inbox so I can pm u? Thanks a lot for all ur help! Appreciate it

Try clicking on the little envelope logo at the top of the page .
tinkerbellian17 h, 40 m ago

Probably best to go to the government advice page for up to date …Probably best to go to the government advice page for up to date information rather than newspaper articles,https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco Having spent the last two summer holidays in Morocco , I have just checked prices and they are cheaper now than if you book later on . Due to arranging work holidays we normally have to book in December / January and it is definately cheaper now.You would find Marrakesh hard going in the summer temperature wise, but Agadir is much cooler. However I would say that as someone who likes to do things outside of the hotel , Agadir won't offer you much for young children .i completely agree with airbus330 that in this day and age no travel comes with a safety guarantee , personally I refuse to give up travelling, but do always check the government advice pages before booking and again prior to leaving

Hi Tink
got any good recommendations for top hotel in Agadir, 4 or 5*, looking at it as a possible hol for us next year.
cheers
airbus33046 m ago

Hi Tinkgot any good recommendations for top hotel in Agadir, 4 or 5*, …Hi Tinkgot any good recommendations for top hotel in Agadir, 4 or 5*, looking at it as a possible hol for us next year.cheers

Maybe start by having a look at Riu Tikida Dunas , 4 star, or Riu Palace . Both have been consistently high up on trip adviser over the last few years. Do take in to consideration that 4 star in Morocco may not be 100% as good as 4 star here. However I think it's a balance of what you want from the holiday. For example Riu Tikida Dunas has lovely large swimming pools , it's right on the beach, literally walk across the promenade to it . Also has its own part of the beach which is private for the hotel , but this is one of those odd things in that it's really just a roped off area where the sun beds are free. Handy to grab a quick break , but not along the same lines as a private Carribean beach . The beach at Agadir is huge , sandy and very busy . You will always find space but its utilised by the locals ( as it should be) all summer from early morning to dusk.

Tikida Dunas has a very sports themed all inclusive package , plenty going on but they are fine to leave you snoozing in the sun if you don't want to be disturbed. Actually couldn't believe on our first day back this summer that the first member of the entertainment team we bumped into remembered my name from 12 months before ( and I'm not trouble , so it wasn't because I'm naughty!) Food is fine, plenty to choose from , slight canteen feel to the restaurant if you go a a busy time , but you can also book into the speciality restuarants which are included which are very peaceful. They also have a large number of cats , which the hotel feeds that have free range , a plus for us , but not for everyone.

if you need any more info let me know , re places to go etc . Dunas is very good value for money for what you get ,but I wasn't sure what sort of budget you were looking at .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 9th Oct 2017
tinkerbellian9th Oct

Maybe start by having a look at Riu Tikida Dunas , 4 star, or Riu Palace . …Maybe start by having a look at Riu Tikida Dunas , 4 star, or Riu Palace . Both have been consistently high up on trip adviser over the last few years. Do take in to consideration that 4 star in Morocco may not be 100% as good as 4 star here. However I think it's a balance of what you want from the holiday. For example Riu Tikida Dunas has lovely large swimming pools , it's right on the beach, literally walk across the promenade to it . Also has its own part of the beach which is private for the hotel , but this is one of those odd things in that it's really just a roped off area where the sun beds are free. Handy to grab a quick break , but not along the same lines as a private Carribean beach . The beach at Agadir is huge , sandy and very busy . You will always find space but its utilised by the locals ( as it should be) all summer from early morning to dusk. Tikida Dunas has a very sports themed all inclusive package , plenty going on but they are fine to leave you snoozing in the sun if you don't want to be disturbed. Actually couldn't believe on our first day back this summer that the first member of the entertainment team we bumped into remembered my name from 12 months before ( and I'm not trouble , so it wasn't because I'm naughty!) Food is fine, plenty to choose from , slight canteen feel to the restaurant if you go a a busy time , but you can also book into the speciality restuarants which are included which are very peaceful. They also have a large number of cats , which the hotel feeds that have free range , a plus for us , but not for everyone.if you need any more info let me know , re places to go etc . Dunas is very good value for money for what you get ,but I wasn't sure what sort of budget you were looking at .

Hi tinks
Appreciate the detailed reply. I was actually thinking of 2 centre Marrakech for 3 days and week on the beach.
You are quite right, 4* can be dodgy so prob 5. Budget will be generous.
Thanks again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants