Groups
    EXPIRED

Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player......Need to know if it's any good.

Hi all, I just found one on ebay but there aren't any reviews for it so i thought someone on here might be able to give some feedback about it. There also on scan.co.uk but there for pre order. Thanks in advance for any info.

scan.co.uk/Pro…ing

11 Comments

Banned

Sumvision is only good untill it breaks.
    Then they don't honour the guarantee.
    You've been warned.
    It's up to you now.

Original Poster

Thanks podzak, rep left :thumbsup:

Yeah, have a Phoenix DVD player that refuses to rise from the ashes and work off the remote, sent away to supplier (i forget who) for remote swap, ok for a while then knackered again.
    Pic quality upscaled wasnt as good as my Philips DVD player as well.
    Am quite interested in the Micro media palyer though. Good to know what chopset it uses for
    it's upscalling (WD HD TV and PopcornHour use a Sigma Chip, and do a great job) I found another site selling it with more info:.

envizage.com/p/8…tml

the Sumvision website is pretty bare though:

sumvision.com.cn/sea…592

Original Poster

Hi gez777, Thanks for the links, rep left :thumbsup: ....is there a way to find out what chipset it is because i could message the ebay seller and ask them what one it uses. Thanks.

just bought a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player. I would not recommend it. Plugged it in and TV didnt recognise it straight away. A bit of messing around till I could find the home page.

Once plugged in, it now keeps jumping from a black and white picture and a colour picture but checked the cables and they are all plugged in correctly. Currently stuck on a B&W picture.

Remote control is slow and not very responsive (only means of controlling the device)

User manual on a mini CD and it will not work (file corrupt)

total rubbish.

Original Poster

7sons;5544940

just bought a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player. I would not recommend … just bought a Sumvision Cyclone Micro Media Player. I would not recommend it. Plugged it in and TV didnt recognise it straight away. A bit of messing around till I could find the home page. Once plugged in, it now keeps jumping from a black and white picture and a colour picture but checked the cables and they are all plugged in correctly. Currently stuck on a B&W picture.Remote control is slow and not very responsive (only means of controlling the device)User manual on a mini CD and it will not work (file corrupt)total rubbish.

Hi, Thanks for your help 7sons, i'll give it a miss then. Rep left :thumbsup:

Banned

yo mackenzin the player is great, i got one from my dad as gift, been playing my new 2tb hdd enclosure, , funnying thing is on they website say only support 1.5TB?

Original Poster

gizmo8888;5616162

yo mackenzin the player is great, i got one from my dad as gift, been … yo mackenzin the player is great, i got one from my dad as gift, been playing my new 2tb hdd enclosure, , funnying thing is on they website say only support 1.5TB?

Hi gizmo8888, thanks for letting me know. I guess theres mixed reviews about it. Rep left :thumbsup:

These are great, I got a second one for the kids, can just stick a load of movies on a USB flash drive and away they go. I would say go for it

Original Poster

Happydundee;5848273

These are great, I got a second one for the kids, can just stick a load … These are great, I got a second one for the kids, can just stick a load of movies on a USB flash drive and away they go. I would say go for it

Hi, Thanks for your help :thumbsup:. It's a toss up between this or a dvd player with usb and card reader built in.

Under £25 now on Ebuyer + Delivery of course.

Mikey
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764285
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2232
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846188
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31149

See more discussions