Groups

sun glasses

if you buy a pair of sun glasses from a shop/net can you get your lenses put in sun glasses evan if you havnt bought the glasses from a optician?
    hope this makes sense!

14 Comments

You can, but they will complain - a lot! Persist with them and they will do it.

It does depend on the curve of the frame and size of frame as if too curved you cant bend a prescription lens and if its too big you wont fit a blank size in it..ie size of lens they need to glaze into. Vision express does this all the time only quibble they would say is that its done at your own risk as frames can break during process and as its your own frame so your responsiblity. x Oh and some frames just aren't suitable to be glazed into prescription esp if shops own like new look or top shop etc Oh and if they are rimless ie screwed into lens then this prob cant be done either.

some places are funny about doing this.x

Original Poster

thanx for your advice
    i saw a nice pair of CK sunglasses on net and i just wonderd if they could be made into sunglasses with my prescription,
    thanx all

which pair i can take a look if you want also whats your presciption

9 not able to put own lens into as rimless 11 maybe but I dont think your be able to do BRUCE OLDFIELD cause of the curve and size

Original Poster

dmtuk;4640033

9 not able to put own lens into as rimless 11 maybe but I dont think your … 9 not able to put own lens into as rimless 11 maybe but I dont think your be able to do BRUCE OLDFIELD cause of the curve and size

okay thanx for your advice,
    i popped into asda opticians y'day and they had some metal frame glassses with a magnetic sunglass lense that u can take on and off - they fit perfect onto my glassses BUT she said you cant buy them seperate!

no they arent sold seperatly but you can get ones that clip on round your own frames in different sizes I know vision express sell these think for £12

Original Poster

thankyou for the links
    theese are my specs that am wearing at the min - number 5
    specsavers.co.uk/gla…ses

think il pop into a opticians and see what they sugerest thanx for all of your help :thumbsup:

nice frames very popular

contact lenses
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions