Sunderland agreed to stop play on the 26th minute for John Terry farewell tribute

Found 21st May 2017
This is about football.Do you think this was in the spirit of the game
Community Updates
Top comments
Agreed to stop play.......They haven't started all season.
Pretty ironic that it was Sunderlands 26th loss to boot. That was also nice of them if they had planned it from the start of the season.
Edited by: "mac9091" 21st May 2017
57 Comments
Sunderland manager David Moyes confirmed that he had agreed to stop play in the Black Cats’ game against Chelsea to facilitate a mid-game tribute to John Terry.
Read more at squawka.com/new…647
yes, great send off for jt, but I am a blues supporter

nice touch from Sunderland
Yes Terry is a god at Chelsea - but there have been other greats at other clubs that play the full match or get subbed off and the crowd claps them off - shouldn't have happened
Pretty ironic that it was Sunderlands 26th loss to boot. That was also nice of them if they had planned it from the start of the season.
Edited by: "mac9091" 21st May 2017
It was apparently JT's own idea to come off in the 26th min. He is surely too modest.
Know and care less about about football these days
but the 'spirit of the game' ask a proper cricket fan
Agreed to stop play.......They haven't started all season.
What a load of crap this is what the premier**** has done to english football RIP.

Edited by moderator: "Swear filter" 21st May 2017
Sunderland agreed to kick the ball out on the 26th minute
Nice penalty 21 May 2008...
Fantastic leader, great defender. Awful human being.

Hope we stop him lifting the cup, although we have no defence left now.
Terry did email every club in the league and asked if they would all stop on 26 minutes and applaud him.....

It's always all about Terry.

Great CB terrible person.
Attention seeking **** !
Pretty appropriate for full kit Terry
Who came on to replace him?Wayne Bridge?
I wonder if Moyes had been practising how to get his team from stop playing in his last two jobs too.

He really is a terrible manager
Special moment for the Chelsea family. Will live long in the memory of all.
bobbyarbogast

Nice penalty 21 May 2008...

Slippy T.

Wonder if he had a bet on it?
mac9091

Wonder if he had a bet on it?

Lol, Dock them 8 points :).
I know everyone is joking in here but genuinely if Moyes told his players to kick the ball out at an agreed time then he should have the book thrown at him. Too much of this **** going on.
g8spur

I know everyone is joking in here but genuinely if Moyes told his players … I know everyone is joking in here but genuinely if Moyes told his players to kick the ball out at an agreed time then he should have the book thrown at him. Too much of this **** going on.

A dead rubber of a game with everything decided and a ball was kicked into touch to allow a player to leave the pitch.

Football is about sentimentality.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

A dead rubber of a game with everything decided and a ball was kicked … A dead rubber of a game with everything decided and a ball was kicked into touch to allow a player to leave the pitch.Football is about sentimentality.

Sorry but it's not, it's about egos and money
Spenfica

Sorry but it's not, it's about egos and money

Hundred of thousands of men across the generations don't go to watch blokes kick a ball around a pitch because of egos and money.

It's a silly thing we have an emotional connection with and today was a show of that.
Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 21st May 2017
g8spur

I know everyone is joking in here but genuinely if Moyes told his players … I know everyone is joking in here but genuinely if Moyes told his players to kick the ball out at an agreed time then he should have the book thrown at him. Too much of this **** going on.

It was agreed Moyes said so in press conference
archer1204

It was agreed Moyes said so in press conference

MOYES IS A FOOL

Edited by: "wozukSilencer" 22nd May 2017
wozukSilencer

MOYES IS A FOOL

I'm not too sure what that fan was expecting. Fergie is a hard act to follow Manager stats - Man U. I do think Jose/Man U will spend and improve for next season though
Edited by: "OllieSt" 22nd May 2017
OllieSt

I'm not too sure what that fan was expecting. Fergie is a hard act to … I'm not too sure what that fan was expecting. Fergie is a hard act to follow Manager stats - Man U. I do think Jose/Man U will spend and improve for next season though

Moyes did better in the league than LVG yet had a much much worse team and spent so much less
It's called match fixing!
Reminiscent of wrestling.
Amazing to think Chelsea had the second best season in the premier league, second only to their own points tally from 2005.

Most wins in a season too.
Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 22nd May 2017
If that keeper lost his job for eating a pie at half time then surely there should be some punishment for this as people do bet on throw ins so could potentially have made people some money from it.
deleted265520
Jack-L92

Moyes did better in the league than LVG yet had a much much worse team … Moyes did better in the league than LVG yet had a much much worse team and spent so much less

Moyes finished 7th
LVG finished 4th then 5th.

Why lie?
deleted265520
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Amazing to think Chelsea had the second best season in the premier … Amazing to think Chelsea had the second best season in the premier league, second only to their own points tally from 2005.Most wins in a season too.

Spurs have been the stand out team this season.
dtovey89

7 - 1 wasn't a bad score by any stretch.
dtovey89

You should send them a certificate in the post so that they have something to show for it.

And for me the stand out was the team that won the league by seven points, had the most clean sheets in the league and set the record for the most wins by any team in a Premier League season.

Different strokes.
deleted265520
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You should send them a certificate in the post so that they have … You should send them a certificate in the post so that they have something to show for it.And for me the stand out was the team that won the league by seven points, had the most clean sheets in the league and set the record for the most wins by any team in a Premier League season.Different strokes.

If Kane wasn't injured for 9 weeks I think they would have walked it.
Not taking anything away from Conte and his formation change after the first Arsenal game.
dtovey89

If Kane wasn't injured for 9 weeks I think they would have walked it.Not … If Kane wasn't injured for 9 weeks I think they would have walked it.Not taking anything away from Conte and his formation change after the first Arsenal game.

Ifs and buts. Cool.

You can send them the 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' certificate too.
deleted265520
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Ifs and buts. Cool.You can send them the 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' … Ifs and buts. Cool.You can send them the 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' certificate too.

It must be a coincidence that you support one of the most hated clubs in the country and are one of the top 5 most despised members on HUKD misc X)
dtovey89

It must be a coincidence that you support one of the most hated clubs in … It must be a coincidence that you support one of the most hated clubs in the country and are one of the top 5 most despised members on HUKD misc X)

It must be a coincidence that you support a club who seems to have spent recent history underachieving and....

You and Shauneco aren't related are you?
deleted265520
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

It must be a coincidence that you support a club who seems to have spent … It must be a coincidence that you support a club who seems to have spent recent history underachieving and....You and Shauneco aren't related are you?

X)

Poor banter as expected. I thought your down with the kids cannabis or JME lines couldn't be beaten. Cringeworthy mate - stick to the Land Rover and Barbour on the weekends.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants