Dark Sunken eyes

Posted 2nd May
I have suffered from dark sunken eyes for a good few years now. Also my eyes are very tired looking.

I know a lot of it depends on diet, water intake (I drink a lot), stress, genetics etc but are there any creams you would recommend?

I want my eyes to look normal!

I’m a male but I hear female creams work best?

Is that true?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Drink more water helps.
None of the eye creams work at the best have a temporary improvement.
There are some surgical treatments that can help
As above the creams simply don't work, I've tried everything. From what I gather the darkness is caused by blood vessels which imo can't be solved by topical creams. Some things I've found have given marginal improvement, include massaging face daily to stimulate the skin, wearing my glasses more to reduce eye strain, plenty of sleep and reducing stress.
You also need proper sleep. That requires - going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, not looking at a screen at least an hour before sleeping, switching off blue light on all screens at least 3 hours before sleeping, etc.

I made these changes a few years ago and the difference was noticeable.
Ioa02/05/2020 18:43

I drink a lot of water. It doesn’t help me

How much do you drink a day?
Ioa02/05/2020 18:43

I drink a lot of water. It doesn’t help me

Drink less water 💦 it might help
Sunshine helps a bit
So the consensus is no cream really helps?
Sleep helps with dark eyes. Certainly since I've had more sleep since COVID they have gone away. When I have a lot less sleep then they come back.

The alternative is to use a Remmel Hide the Blemish stick. It is a flesh coloured stick (different flesh colours available) and put a bit on your fingers and rub it around your eyes. Get it delievered to avoid any embarsment.

Yes, its a makeup stick, and after about 5 mins after application it seems to blend in even more. But it will help you feel better about yourself.
superjediman03/05/2020 02:05

Sleep helps with dark eyes. Certainly since I've had more sleep since …Sleep helps with dark eyes. Certainly since I've had more sleep since COVID they have gone away. When I have a lot less sleep then they come back.The alternative is to use a Remmel Hide the Blemish stick. It is a flesh coloured stick (different flesh colours available) and put a bit on your fingers and rub it around your eyes. Get it delievered to avoid any embarsment.Yes, its a makeup stick, and after about 5 mins after application it seems to blend in even more. But it will help you feel better about yourself.

Thanks, appreciate the replies
Don't worry about it, you don't have to look at them.
Do you happen to have any allergies to any sort of foods?

I'm IBS and I get sleep rings under my eyes and puffy upper cheeks (migraine under left eye). Slightly dark area around my eyes as well. Usually goes if I remove wheat from my system for a while. But you're may not be the same but just wanted to rule that out
Edited by: "kos1c" 3rd May
kos1c03/05/2020 13:21

Do you happen to have any allergies to any sort of foods?I'm IBS and I get …Do you happen to have any allergies to any sort of foods?I'm IBS and I get sleep rings under my eyes and puffy upper cheeks (migraine under left eye). Slightly dark area around my eyes as well. Usually goes if I remove wheat from my system for a while. But you're may not be the same but just wanted to rule that out

Thanks, I’ll bear that in mind
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions