Sunny Beach, Bulgaria

Found 3rd May
Hello. Off to Sunny Beach in June. I am aware of the potential risks there, like robbery, threatening behaviour, overcharging & pickpockets etc. But is it really as bad as some websites make out? Has anyone visited there recently and can share their experiences with me please? What's it like at night? Some sites say most clubs / bars are mafia ran! Thanks for your replies guys. Simon.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Glad you've thoroughly researched it before booking...
33738152-r1WRY.jpg
be careful of women like her, she might steal your virginity
Edited by: "allowed" 3rd May
10 Comments
Glad you've thoroughly researched it before booking...
33738152-r1WRY.jpg
be careful of women like her, she might steal your virginity
Edited by: "allowed" 3rd May
I went a couple of years ago and didn't get robbed once
Like most destinations in the world, pack some common sense and you will be just fine.
The bars will be safe if the Mafia (Russian or Italian run them ) - They aren't going to on their own doorstep , or allow anyone else to
at airport cases took an hour to come through many at our hotel had item stolen from cases one old couple had their spending money £ 700 in the soap bag in case !!!! stolen

talking to people at the hotel this seemed to be a regular thing cases taking an age to come through !!!
My mate got constantly propositioned by the Local prostitutes even though he was walking with his wife. Then got threatened by the pimps after telling the women to do one. He said it was a vile place with everyone trying to rip you off.
allowed22 h, 26 m ago

[Image] be careful of women like her, she might steal your virginity

She stole mine 3 times in 2 days.
I went in about 2008. Did not come across anything dodgy and had s great time. I recommend you do a jeep safari into the mountains
Went 2 years back had no problems at all, even when walking back late at night in small groups /alone (admittedly not too far/probably not recommended), didn't see any issues ourselves and used the room safes. Also I used my Halifax Clarity to just withdraw cash each day. If you're going in strip clubs etc you could have issues, from what I've heard but standard night clubs etc were fine for us.

I can thoroughly recommend the off road 4x4 day, one of the best things we did for under £25 for a full day out including meals. We did it in our second to last day and everyone was saying how they're so glad we didn't give it a miss. We booked through, Condor (go to the main road at the top of Flower Street and turn left, it's on the right hand side 3-5 mins along, they have a bar as well (bars nothing special, better off at Morris on the beach or Jupiter for food or the beach bar on the beach that never closes if it always has customers - we kept it open all the way through). From trip advisor and asking around Condors trip I one of the best 4x4 trips. Flying around off road in mountains in a 50 year old open top Russian 4x4 through rivers and stuff. We were a group of 'lads' (hate that term) so our driver ragged us about a lot harder than the ones with families on, good laugh.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 4th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants