Groups

sunrise clock

I was wondering if anyone has used these sunrise clocks and how effective are they?
    What's the best one and deal

6 Comments

We have used a gro clock and it has had mixed results but generally positive. It came with a story that linked to the clock. Has a star at night and the sun comes up at a preset time. Does still cause excitement when he wakes up and sees the sun is up but often wakes up before anyway. It worked for a while saying he would get a reward on his reward chart if he waited until the sun came up but now he just pretty much makes a noise whenever he wakes up! Still probably worth it I would say though even for short term benefit.

Do you mean the above post or the philips natural light/wake up clocks that slowly activate to you getting up time and help with seasonal adjustment disorder?

Original Poster

wolf47wolf

Do you mean the above post or the philips natural light/wake up clocks … Do you mean the above post or the philips natural light/wake up clocks that slowly activate to you getting up time and help with seasonal adjustment disorder?

Yes I am on about what you are saying (seasonal adjustment)

siddiq79

Yes I am on about what you are saying (seasonal adjustment)

I bought one for my husband years ago, and he uses on a daily basis through the darker mornings. Works really well for him as he used to find it almost impossible to get up when his alarm went off and this does slowly wake him instead. I love it on the days it is set for the same time as I get up because although I'm a morning person it is lovely to have the daylight effect when you get up in the midst of winter. Really recommend them . Just checked and the model we have is no longer made , but I'm sure someone will come along who has bought one more recently.
    Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 4th Nov 2016

tinkerbellian

I bought one for my husband years ago, and he uses on a daily basis … I bought one for my husband years ago, and he uses on a daily basis through the darker mornings. Works really well for him as he used to find it almost impossible to get up when his alarm went off and this does slowly wake him instead. I love it on the days it is set for the same time as I get up because although I'm a morning person it is lovely to have the daylight effect when you get up in the midst of winter. Really recommend them . Just checked and the model we have is no longer made , but I'm sure someone will come along who has bought one more recently.

​Is yours Philips?

wolf47wolf

​Is yours Philips?

It most certainly is , I think it's quite a bit bigger than the design they make now though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?23
      2. Private Number Plate33
      3. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).44
      4. Duty, VAT on import of goods from USA [outside EU]511

See more discussions