Super King Mattress on Divan Base or Bed Frame

Posted 2nd Dec
Hi

Partner and I are looking at investing in a super king bed. Currently just have a double with an ottoman style bed frame.

Getting mixed answers/reading mixed things regarding super king mattresses and ottoman beds due to weight...

Some say better with divan ottoman as they have extra gas stuts (middle ones aswell as either side), which assists with the heavy weight of a super king mattress. Others say bed frame base fine, just check weights (which not everything seems to list?).

Any views on this, and particurly divan bases?Partner isn’t a fan of divan base, based on experience many years ago. My concern is my partner is around 16/17 stone, I’m around 9 stone, and I fear going through a divan base
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
How about "Zip and link" bed?
I guess you and your partner would have different requirement in terms of firmness?
I’ve a super king and it’s so awesome apart from I have to phone the mrs she’s that far away on other side of bed. The mattress is about 7 years old now and cost £1250 and that was half price, it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought it’s so comfy and because I’m 6”4 the extra length especially is so worth it. The mattress though is very very heavy but we’ve had a divan when we first bought it and now just a plain metal frame and both have totally supported it no bother at all. The frame now has extra legs in the middle so it’s more like 2 single beds joined so is fine to support mattress.
Cisco06060602/12/2019 11:35

How about "Zip and link" bed?I guess you and your partner would have …How about "Zip and link" bed?I guess you and your partner would have different requirement in terms of firmness?

Yeah although he doesn’t mind a few mediums we’ve tried. Me and firm do not mix so no compromise there May have to look at zip and link. Although need ottoman space
toonsquirel02/12/2019 15:45

I’ve a super king and it’s so awesome apart from I have to phone the mrs sh …I’ve a super king and it’s so awesome apart from I have to phone the mrs she’s that far away on other side of bed. The mattress is about 7 years old now and cost £1250 and that was half price, it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought it’s so comfy and because I’m 6”4 the extra length especially is so worth it. The mattress though is very very heavy but we’ve had a divan when we first bought it and now just a plain metal frame and both have totally supported it no bother at all. The frame now has extra legs in the middle so it’s more like 2 single beds joined so is fine to support mattress.

well I’m hoping it will end the endless move over arguments. Just not convinced we can have both a super king and an ottoman...don’t want to pay out all that money only to end up with a broken bed coz of weight!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions