EXPIRED

Super Mario coming soon timed exclusive to iPhone

Super Mario Run release date and price iPhone, and eventually Android.

Nintendo has announced Super Mario Run, the first Mario game app for phones. Here's what you need to know about Super Mario Run release date and price on Android and iPhone.

One of the only surprise announcements at the new iPhone 7 launch event was a guest appearance from Nintendo so announced Super Mario Run, the first mobile game app to feature Mario ever. Here's what you need to know about the Mario Run release date on Android and iPhone.

It's finally happened; Mario is coming to your smartphone. "In the game, Mario runs forward on his own, but relies on the touch of a single finger to jump over obstacles, avoid pesky enemies and capture the flag pole to complete levels," said Nintendo.

Super Mario Run release date Android and iPhone

Although you're no doubt keen to download Super Mario Run right now, you've got a bit of a wait before it's available.

Super Mario Run on iPhone will be released in December this year and will be an exclusive for an unannounced period of time. The good news if you don't have an iPhone is that Super Mario Run will get an Android release date.

Details are thin on the ground but Nintendo said: "We do intend to release the game on Android devices at some point in the future," according to Kotaku.

We'll let you know more details on the Super Mario Run release date when we can but for now you can sign up for a notification on the App Store.

13 Comments

mod

Popped this in misc as it's more of an informational post, Thanks

Supermod

They've got a site for it here which will be worth keeping an eye on for news

Original Poster

http://i66.tinypic.com/18p385.jpg looks great!

Super Repeated One-Finger Tap - Mario Skin Edition

As a gamer, I cry a little every time I see these type of things labelled as 'games'.:(

Banned

It's a timed-exclusive for iOS.

Banned

The first line of your post completely conflicts your title.

Quietus

Super Repeated One-Finger Tap - Mario Skin EditionAs a gamer, I cry a … Super Repeated One-Finger Tap - Mario Skin EditionAs a gamer, I cry a little every time I see these type of things labelled as 'games'.:(:D

This isnt an endless runner type nonsense though, apparently its level based, the only thing is the controls are 1 finger controls, so mario moves himself, from what i have seen it looks very good, and its NOT F2P one price will buy all content.

seems to be a good first step from Nintendo.

Also OP Nintendo have confirmed to Kotaku it will come to Android later.

I thought Kaz Hirai tweet was funny

"Nintendo have announced more games for iOS than for NX this year"
Edited by: "haritori" 9th Sep 2016

haritori

This isnt an endless runner type nonsense though

Though the differences may be minor, it still fits the bill for me. It also seems a bit daft when they could have easily added very simple controls: Left, Right, Jump, and Run / Fire. It would have made the game much more appealing. If they are indeed including all content for the price, that's a much better step in the right direction, as opposed to all of the P2W games that flood the mobile market nowadays.

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

The first line of your post completely conflicts your title.

Thanx for bringing that to my attention, Iv edited it now. That'll Teach me for Copying and pasting without proof reading it afterwards!

Banned

Quietus

Super Repeated One-Finger Tap - Mario Skin EditionAs a gamer, I cry a … Super Repeated One-Finger Tap - Mario Skin EditionAs a gamer, I cry a little every time I see these type of things labelled as 'games'.:(:D

​You do know that this is a properly designed platformer, right? We're talking Nintendo crafted levels, not some generated infinitely repeated landscape?

I mean, they even implemented a jump backwards input in this auto runner template so they can get more creative with the level design.

Banned

Quietus

Though the differences may be minor, it still fits the bill for me. It … Though the differences may be minor, it still fits the bill for me. It also seems a bit daft when they could have easily added very simple controls: Left, Right, Jump, and Run / Fire. It would have made the game much more appealing. If they are indeed including all content for the price, that's a much better step in the right direction, as opposed to all of the P2W games that flood the mobile market nowadays.

​Virtual controller is never nice. Cumbersome if not plain awful. Nintendo knows the truth. If you want to do your best on a platform you've got to take the strengths of the platform in mind and design the mechanics around those strengths. Not try to shoehorn control schemes fit for other platforms into one that is weak for that scheme.

Looking forward to this

It's on the App Store if you want to be notified when it becomes available
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
    2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
    3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
    4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions