Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Super Mario nes version

Posted 5th Jan
Hello everyone, would anyone know if I can get the original super Mario version to play on the wii? I know the wii shop closed so cannot download it from there but have nostalgia and would really like to get that game.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

19 Comments
Thanks but that’s the one I’m after
39595513-6MgPb.jpg
This has it. Good luck trying to find a good price though.39595630-BHWA7.jpg
Ah ha! Ok will try and see if I can find it, was trying to get the downloadable version on Nintendo shop but apparently it’s “out of stock” meh! Thanks for this
Google “how to hack a Wii” and then play all the NES roms you want of that is something you are comfortable doing. Alternatively you can easily use a NES emulator on a PC to play those games.
Yeah I’ve seen that but to be fair it looks a bit complicated for me
LillyM05/01/2020 14:03

Ah ha! Ok will try and see if I can find it, was trying to get the …Ah ha! Ok will try and see if I can find it, was trying to get the downloadable version on Nintendo shop but apparently it’s “out of stock” meh! Thanks for this

ebay.co.uk/itm…101

Far better to take the legal approach
Yep! Already watching a few on eBay thanks all for your help much appreciated 😁
LillyM05/01/2020 14:18

Yeah I’ve seen that but to be fair it looks a bit complicated for me

It’s really not I done it one night while drinking.. just read the steps before you start and make sure you have everything before you start..

Else buy a switch and online membership
Might have a look if unsuccessful with bids - as for switch, I’m not sure the £200/300 price is the answer - hubby is already looking at me like am a demented woman for wanting to spend £15/20 on a retro game
esar05/01/2020 13:20

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-nintendo-wii/new-super-mario-bros.-wii/10848440.html

If the OP isn't bothered about it being used it's £12 at CeX (+£1.50 postage if ordering online). I would not pay £44.99 for New Super Mario Bros Wii even if it is a brand new copy
No I’m not bothered about 2nd, but that’s not the version that I’d like anyway - however will check cex
samtman05/01/2020 13:48

This has it. Good luck trying to find a good price though.[Image]

£15 at CeX (+£1.50 postage if an online order). Worth it IMHO, I had good fun with this game as a kid
LillyM05/01/2020 14:44

No I’m not bothered about 2nd, but that’s not the version that I’d like any …No I’m not bothered about 2nd, but that’s not the version that I’d like anyway - however will check cex

If you do get it from CeX then you have a 2 year warranty. Whether it's a game or tech, the warranty is still a bonus as older games can stick more often than brand new ones I've found, so worth using CeX for warranty. Good luck with your find
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 5th Jan
andrewworrall105/01/2020 14:47

If you do get it from CeX then you have a 2 year warranty. Whether it's a …If you do get it from CeX then you have a 2 year warranty. Whether it's a game or tech, the warranty is still a bonus as older games can stick more often than brand new ones I've found, so worth using CeX for warranty. Good luck with your find

I’ve checked the site, they have it! Will go into town tomorrow and see if it’s store there, thanks for your help all!
LillyM05/01/2020 15:01

I’ve checked the site, they have it! Will go into town tomorrow and see if …I’ve checked the site, they have it! Will go into town tomorrow and see if it’s store there, thanks for your help all!

No worries. You can use the store check on the website to check if they have it. Usually it's a pretty accurate check
Oooh ok, I didn’t know that, will check that now
Not sure if it’s because of this post but the 25yj anniversary Edition on cex has been viewed 8 times in the last hour
Thank you all, for it from cex in the end.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions