Groups

Super Mario Run - Android owners can now pre-register

Link to pre-regsiter - play.google.com/sto…ara

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/cooldude012/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-29%20at%2008.47.15_zpsdiyxkugo.png

19 Comments

Original Poster

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/cooldude012/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-29%20at%2008.49.51_zpsh1pfyktn.png

Why would you?

jimhuf

Why would you?

Because you want a convenient way to find out when the game is released?

Illusionary

Because you want a convenient way to find out when the game is released?

Bar the thousands of forum posts and news articles......

teh arn

Bar the thousands of forum posts and news articles......

Having the option of a push-notification of release, for those who don't follow news sites, can hardly be a bad thing.

Illusionary

Having the option of a push-notification of release, for those who don't … Having the option of a push-notification of release, for those who don't follow news sites, can hardly be a bad thing.

I'm not saying that it is, just seems like it's not really needed unless you don't watch the news or go on the internet at any point.

Original Poster

jimhuf

Why would you?

Some people might want to and others don't. Just letting people know they have the choice to do so if they wish.

As if being told literally everywhere wasn't enough,

Don't be so hard on the OP

Whats wrong with notifications?

Its just a bit like setting an alarm on your phone to remind you of an event.. most people's priorities are not set to remember the latest android gaming releases, generally people are busy and forget, not everyone is watching gaming sites 24/7 in fact as far as I know most people are not on here 24/7 either :p.
    Edited by: "haritori" 29th Dec 2016

Banned

It'd be awesome if the Android version wasn't online-only as is the iOS port.

People complained about the price tag £7.99 but yet, if it was filled with micro-transactions they'd spend £70-200 or more.

How dare Nintendo try to offer a full game on a smartphone for a one-time payment.

Banned

Miitomo and Pokémon Go are compatible but Mario Run apparently isn't.

Here's hoping Nintendo will port it to the 3DS too.
    Edited by: "Spasho" 29th Dec 2016

haritori

Whats wrong with notifications?Its just a bit like setting an alarm on … Whats wrong with notifications?Its just a bit like setting an alarm on your phone to remind you of an event.. most people's priorities are not set to remember the latest android gaming releases, generally people are busy and forget, not everyone is watching gaming sites 24/7 in fact as far as I know most people are not on here 24/7 either :p.

But if it was that important to you wouldn't you remember? You will hardly miss it all over the play store.

Edit - this was only popular on the iPhone etc for a few weeks, somebody must have shouted "quick Apple has something new coming out" and all the sheep shouted "BAAAAAAAAA" and got distracted!

Graham1979

But if it was that important to you wouldn't you remember? You will … But if it was that important to you wouldn't you remember? You will hardly miss it all over the play store.Edit - this was only popular on the iPhone etc for a few weeks, somebody must have shouted "quick Apple has something new coming out" and all the sheep shouted "BAAAAAAAAA" and got distracted!

We don't have a release date yet, so there's no date to remember - hence the benefit of a push-notification.

Graham1979

But if it was that important to you wouldn't you remember? You will … But if it was that important to you wouldn't you remember? You will hardly miss it all over the play store.Edit - this was only popular on the iPhone etc for a few weeks, somebody must have shouted "quick Apple has something new coming out" and all the sheep shouted "BAAAAAAAAA" and got distracted!

Maybe if I knew the release date... But I have doctors appointments that I need a reminder for, and I use my phone daily but i do not browse the play store daily, so i might not know its out..

what does it matter though? use it if you want, don't if you do not want too.. better to have the option and not use it than to not have it and want it.
    Edited by: "haritori" 29th Dec 2016

Look forward to this! Got my free Google credit to use on it too

Haven't seen many people talking about it tho so doubt I'd bite at full price.. Hmm

Meh. I'll stick with the little dinosaur which pops up when I'm offline.

Banned

I hope it works better than the iOS 'notification' I think most people, myself included didn't get a notification until the day after it was released. Which by then I'd already downloaded, finished the free levels and deleted. Well done Apple

Original Poster

Marcoos

I hope it works better than the iOS 'notification' I think most people, … I hope it works better than the iOS 'notification' I think most people, myself included didn't get a notification until the day after it was released. Which by then I'd already downloaded, finished the free levels and deleted. Well done Apple

I think that happened to me too. Would have been nice to get the notification and for it to have mentioned what time it would have been available at before it went live.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions