SUPER SPRINT for Nintendo Switch release (retro racing game)

Found 21st JanEdited by:"noahsdad"

Is there any general warmth/desire/interest and support for a Super Sprint on Nintendo Switch campaign to see it released?

2880964.jpg
A digital, physical or both formats, anything will do! Ideally in the mould of how Wonderboy 3 The Dragons Trap (Switch) was done, the original game included, and also an updated and enhanced modernised version.

2880964.jpg
For those of you that don't know it was a very popular 2D Atari arcade racing game from the late 1980's. It played fantastically with 3 players with steering wheels/pedals. It was all on 1 screen, so great for local multiplayer on any console format.

2880964.jpg
It even appeared on many formats, even the NES (produced by Tengen) and the now wound up Midway Games company released it on other formats over the years within arcade release compilation games.

Probably best compared to Super Off Road Racing (which would also be a welcome retro update release for many perhaps).

2880964.jpg
I have tweeted both Atari and SouthPeak Games who acquired the rights to Midways catalogue when they went bankrupt in 2010. Awaiting a response...

Probably needs a petition page or something if anyone is interested and can help set that up?
Community Updates
MiscGaming
10 Comments
Man, loved this game back in the day!

Only bettered by Super Off Road. Now that is a game I’d love to see updated
Original Poster
majestic20123 m ago

Man, loved this game back in the day!Only bettered by Super Off Road. Now …Man, loved this game back in the day!Only bettered by Super Off Road. Now that is a game I’d love to see updated

Agree, we could have both - ideal situation? I would imagine Super Off Road was greatly influenced by Super Sprint.

How about you manage and run the Super Off Road Switch campaign? You already have one supporter
Edited by: "noahsdad" 21st Jan
noahsdad2 m ago

Agree, we could have both - ideal situation? I would imagine Super Off …Agree, we could have both - ideal situation? I would imagine Super Off Road was greatly influenced by Super Sprint.How about you manage and run the Super Off Road Switch campaign? You already have one supporter

I’d be happy with either
Original Poster

noahsdad1 h, 38 m ago

[Image] [Image]

Had to double take that, always known it as iron man super off road
Edited by: "kester76" 21st Jan
There is a game like this on modern consoles but I forget the name of it Sometimes only costs a couple of quid when on sale.
You can play games like this on a generic web browser
Original Poster
That generic web browser stuff is absolute rubbish. If your gonna play it on a PC then an emulator is the best way. I was playing the likes of Super Sprint and Track n Field about 15yrs or more ago on MAME and other emulators on my PC. That way you can do 2P and use control pads and have a more proper sort of retro experience.

But any hoo, as said what is desired is an update in the mould of a Wonderboy 3 type of thing as seen on Switch. At this stage am really just looking to see if there is support and appetite for a petition request for Super Sprint Switch.
Edited by: "noahsdad" 21st Jan
Would love to see Super Sprint come back, I'm surprised it's not become one of the arcade classics on modern consoles. Also surprised it didn't show up on the flashback collections.

My favourite game when I went round to my dad's, that and Lotus Turbo Challenge
Indy heat was far superior. Although it borrowed most the elements of this game and added a couple of new features like pit stops.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants