‘Superhot’ threshold needs recalibrating!

Posted 27th Oct
The app has given 17 notifications today for superhot deals! Superhot used to mean something worth jumping on; now it’s just mildly warm, and annoying.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll take a look at some of the threads and see how we can improve this in future.

We are monitoring the voting because of the increase in visitors for Flamedeer and right now it doesn't seem to be affecting things too much (ie the ratio is pretty much the same).
magicjay198627/10/2019 21:10

Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll take a look at some of the threads …Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll take a look at some of the threads and see how we can improve this in future. We are monitoring the voting because of the increase in visitors for Flamedeer and right now it doesn't seem to be affecting things too much (ie the ratio is pretty much the same).

What exactly is superhot?

Keyword alerts say it's 500 degrees.

Notifications for superhot stuff I've not subscribed to are around 1,200ish?
It is because of the flamedeers.

Everyone votes deals up thinking it will make one show up when they don't. And they even tell you not to vote like crazy.

I always know when a flamedeer event is on because trending deals come flying in like mad. Deals that aren't even that good.

It drives me mad. Something needs to be done.
Hey Jay Site seems to get a lot more hot deals than normal you just have to look at the new items most are hot unlike quieter times and a lot of heat. Never seen it like this recently not since the last flamedeer. Guessing it’s just the traffic and people thinking they can get more flamedeers if they vote hot. Though never get as many myself as others seem when just doing what we are told to do just using the site as normal

Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll take a look at some of the threads …Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll take a look at some of the threads and see how we can improve this in future. We are monitoring the voting because of the increase in visitors for Flamedeer and right now it doesn't seem to be affecting things too much (ie the ratio is pretty much the same).

Edited by: "eslick" 27th Oct
I suspect that this is just weather rather than climate change.

I don't think the amount of heat for hot/superhot has been increased in ages. The site has undoubtedly grown a lot since then. It is much easier to get 100° and even 500° heat deals now than before.

What I would like to suggest is one of two things...

Either increase the hot rating to 150°-200° AND increase superhot rating from 500° to 750°-1000°.

OR introduce a new tier of deal hotness at say 1500° for push notifications and the likes.

Too many deals are 500° now because of the increased number of voting members. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I think the criteria should be changed to reflect a bigger community.

I’ve just turned all notifications off. It’s not about the ratio, I don’t want the app giving 20+ notifications a day.
OneArmJack01/11/2019 07:28

I’ve just turned all notifications off. It’s not about the ratio, I don’t …I’ve just turned all notifications off. It’s not about the ratio, I don’t want the app giving 20+ notifications a day.

It’s difficult isn’t it, you don’t want to miss anything but don’t want to be plagued by constant notifications.

Some keywords bring up quite a lot of deals each day for example Nike, Adidas
How do I turn this 'feature' off on the app? I turned it on but I'm sick of all the notifications a d can't find out where the off button is. Thanks.
jamie1527/10/2019 22:28

I don't think the amount of heat for hot/superhot has been increased in …I don't think the amount of heat for hot/superhot has been increased in ages. The site has undoubtedly grown a lot since then. It is much easier to get 100° and even 500° heat deals now than before.What I would like to suggest is one of two things...Either increase the hot rating to 150°-200° AND increase superhot rating from 500° to 750°-1000°.OR introduce a new tier of deal hotness at say 1500° for push notifications and the likes.Too many deals are 500° now because of the increased number of voting members. This is not necessarily a bad thing but I think the criteria should be changed to reflect a bigger community.

I agree they way I look at on my deals now is under 100 degrees might as well be cold, as if it doesn’t reach hot it will hardly be seen

100-200 is like gaining heat previously , over 200 is like going hot previously and over 500 is like the equivalent of reaching the 200 degree mark previously.

Then I remember heat doesn’t mean a great deal when a chocolate orange deal for 99p a 1p / 1% saving went to 500 degrees yet a £90 saving / 52% off a trainer deal with plenty of sizes went cold.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 4th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants