Found 3rd May
Is Morrisons an expensive supermarket ?
Community Updates
AskSupermarket
18 Comments
deleted396333
Yes and no
Depends what you buy. We shop around
Yes and many of the stores are poorly laid out (apart from the newest ones).
20 years ago we used to do a full shop at Morrisons every week and rarely anywhere else. 10 years ago they started to go to pot and they have never recovered (IMO)!

We still shop there for bits and pieces but are getting less and less every visit.

Lidl is currently my favourite store - for both quality and price!
Van197332 m ago

20 years ago we used to do a full shop at Morrisons every week and rarely …20 years ago we used to do a full shop at Morrisons every week and rarely anywhere else. 10 years ago they started to go to pot and they have never recovered (IMO)! We still shop there for bits and pieces but are getting less and less every visit. Lidl is currently my favourite store - for both quality and price!

Can you really do a full shop in Lidl though?
Download the app called my supermarket. It has a pig logo , which I don't get
Misslovely47 m ago

Download the app called my supermarket. It has a pig logo , which I don't …Download the app called my supermarket. It has a pig logo , which I don't get

Piggy bank because you are saving money by using the app?
Edited by: "jamie015" 3rd May
Creatishh3rd May

Once you learn to go with Lidl brands rather than look for the big brands it's easy to do a full shop in Lidl. Savings are huge as well.
I'm yet to find any Lidl branded product that isn't as good or better than a big brand.
Creatishh3rd May

I do a full shop at lidl. You can get everything you need pretty much providing you aren't after brand names. There tends to be only one of each thing rather than a choice of five or six brands but that apart you can pretty much do it. I find they are a bit lacking in herbs and spices but that is hardly a deal breaker. Morrisons is good for fish.
Morrisons is pretty much on a par with asda and tesco but cheaper than Sainsburys or waitrose. Horses for courses.
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 4th May
deleted1597344
Uridium7 h, 55 m ago

Once you learn to go with Lidl brands rather than look for the big brands …Once you learn to go with Lidl brands rather than look for the big brands it's easy to do a full shop in Lidl. Savings are huge as well.I'm yet to find any Lidl branded product that isn't as good or better than a big brand.

Also just to backup what @Uridium is saying just because it’s own branded does not always mean rubbish quality, a lot of the own branded things are made by the big brands and just repackaged.
Out of the big 4 it's probably the best quality to price ratio.

Compared to Lidl and Aldi it's expensive, but you normally still have to suppliment a Lidl/Aldi shop with somewhere else as they have limited range.
Morrisons closed down,Lidl i5 mins away to the left,Tesco 15 to the right.Co Op and Waiterose to expensive.
Creatishh3rd May

No
Uridium9 h, 57 m ago

Once you learn to go with Lidl brands rather than look for the big brands …Once you learn to go with Lidl brands rather than look for the big brands it's easy to do a full shop in Lidl. Savings are huge as well.I'm yet to find any Lidl branded product that isn't as good or better than a big brand.

Its not the quality but the range of products which is extensive but I always have to go to larger supermarkets for missing ingredients after doing a lidl shop.
chocci1 h, 42 m ago

Its not the quality but the range of products which is extensive but I …Its not the quality but the range of products which is extensive but I always have to go to larger supermarkets for missing ingredients after doing a lidl shop.

That is right. Lidl does not have some products found in bigger ranges such as cake icing and baby stuff or different soft drinks (coke, fanta,ginger pepsi)

you could get away with 80% of your shopping in there or weekly top ups.
I think it's expensive, Sainsburys used to be expensive but now they seem to be better at pricing than both Morrisons and Asda where I am.
Their own brand stuff is not very good quality, and Asda has gone downhill.
Lidl opened a new style store next door to tesco. Everytime i go past, lidl is almost empty and tesco is packed. But i do agree, lidl and aldi have taken a huge chunk from the big 5. I do most of my shopping in aldi and get my fruit and veg and bits i cant get in aldi ,in tescos.
They do the best meat by far...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants