Supermarket carpark stupid game.

Posted 19th May
I'm bored sat in local Tesco carpark waiting for other half.

So far seen 4 folks with masks around their kneck, a fella in gloves come out check his phone then wipes his gloved hands over his face and bald head, then proceed to eat one of those salad bowls with the little fork whilst wearing his gloves.

Another masked woman has pulled her mask up to scratch her nose

Hmmm what else. no one in the parent and child parking spaces have kids, a fella is stood having a fag next to his BMW.

And there's a hungry looking seagull walking about.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Today a guy in front of me queued for 30 minutes for click and collect, and when finally at the till he realised he had come to the wrong shop.
Golden!
Also in other news, a chap in front of me at the Halfords store, arrived with a bicycle wheel under his arm, for an exchange and the shop assistant asked if he wanted the same size? i looked around the car park just in case he had indeed arrived on a penny farthing.
Edited by: "Me.really" 19th May
@MonkeysUncle, I was enjoying that observational scene you were relaying back, better then what's on TV at the moment., lol.
When you want to say to someone that they need to get out more, but then you realise that going out was the problem..
Disappointed to see the seagull not having a mask or gloves on! Love the commentary, look forward to next time.
35 Comments
Wait there more action. Tesco staff fag corner has acquired someone nipped out for a fag and sarnie while wearing gloves. The seagull got fed. Yay. Unfortunately by Tesco boy lobbing his plastic sarnie box thing on the wall.
Little litter bug.
I'm tempted to go over and see what filling it had, the seagull looks to be enjoying it.
40804756-hI4kF.jpg
A woman has dropped some strawberries.
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 19th May
When you want to say to someone that they need to get out more, but then you realise that going out was the problem..
It's horrid when 'stir-crazy' finally sets in eh?

Funny as it was reading, I get furious when people just dump litter. Especially staff!
i hate going to my local tesco as they insist on single file shopping, which means you have to follow other people round the aisles as they shop and other people follow you around. you feel like a bunch of sheep and it takes a lot longer to buy anything. if you forget something then you can't go back and have to do the full loop around the stores in the one way system.

i think it is so daft when the aisles are quite big and you could easily move past someone without being next to them. i now go to my sainsburys instead where they don't have this silly follow everyone else around when they do their shopping.
mutley119/05/2020 18:51

i hate going to my local tesco as they insist on single file shopping, …i hate going to my local tesco as they insist on single file shopping, which means you have to follow other people round the aisles as they shop and other people follow you around. you feel like a bunch of sheep and it takes a lot longer to buy anything. if you forget something then you can't go back and have to do the full loop around the stores in the one way system.i think it is so daft when the aisles are quite big and you could easily move past someone without being next to them. i now go to my sainsburys instead where they don't have this silly follow everyone else around when they do their shopping.

Plus there is always someone who needs to call home and a one min conversation takes 10 holding everyone up.
bozo00719/05/2020 18:53

Plus there is always someone who needs to call home and a one min …Plus there is always someone who needs to call home and a one min conversation takes 10 holding everyone up.

at our store, a lot of people are just queuing in the aisles for no reason as they don't need anything there but one person is there trying to choose something off the shelf, holding everyone up! then when i get to the aisle i need, i feel rushed as i don't want to delay other people, so i can't read anything but just have to grab it and move on.
@MonkeysUncle, I was enjoying that observational scene you were relaying back, better then what's on TV at the moment., lol.
Disappointed to see the seagull not having a mask or gloves on! Love the commentary, look forward to next time.
Today a guy in front of me queued for 30 minutes for click and collect, and when finally at the till he realised he had come to the wrong shop.
Golden!
Also in other news, a chap in front of me at the Halfords store, arrived with a bicycle wheel under his arm, for an exchange and the shop assistant asked if he wanted the same size? i looked around the car park just in case he had indeed arrived on a penny farthing.
Went to tesco last week, first time for a few months. Arrows and one way system everywhere. Ok, better follow those, then came a Tesco person with shopping trolley (personal shopping) coming down the wrong way, it was all down hill from there.
Me.really19/05/2020 19:25

Today a guy in front of me queued for 30 minutes for click and collect, …Today a guy in front of me queued for 30 minutes for click and collect, and when finally at the till he realised he had come to the wrong shop.Golden!Also in other news, a chap in front of me at the Halfords store, arrived with a bicycle wheel under his arm, for an exchange and the shop assistant asked if he wanted the same size? i looked around the car park just in case he had indeed arrived on a penny farthing.

something similar happened at click and collect at my store. the guy waited for about 15 minutes then was told his order wasn't there and he drove off. i didn't ask the driver what happened but i can only guess he got the wrong day or wrong time.
"Hmmm what else. no one in the parent and child parking spaces have kids"

I am guilty of that last week for the first time. Tesco cut of the exit to the row by coning off the top end of the car park by the store for marking out queuing lanes. No where to go but park in parent & child parking. Not that anyone had kids & it was all empty.

I apologise for not ramming though some cars to get in another appropriate row.
Yes I saw a nhs worker in Tesco shopping & checking out, all that time with mask around neck.What is the point in wearing it round your neck!
mutley119/05/2020 18:51

i hate going to my local tesco as they insist on single file shopping, …i hate going to my local tesco as they insist on single file shopping, which means you have to follow other people round the aisles as they shop and other people follow you around. you feel like a bunch of sheep and it takes a lot longer to buy anything. if you forget something then you can't go back and have to do the full loop around the stores in the one way system.i think it is so daft when the aisles are quite big and you could easily move past someone without being next to them. i now go to my sainsburys instead where they don't have this silly follow everyone else around when they do their shopping.

Yes in my experience only Tesco does this!👎👎👎
mutley119/05/2020 18:56

at our store, a lot of people are just queuing in the aisles for no reason …at our store, a lot of people are just queuing in the aisles for no reason as they don't need anything there but one person is there trying to choose something off the shelf, holding everyone up! then when i get to the aisle i need, i feel rushed as i don't want to delay other people, so i can't read anything but just have to grab it and move on.

The stupidest one way design must be the Morrisons in Wimbledon. People with a trolley have a single queue to check out, which splits up closer to the tills. But that queue goes through the wine & beer aisle making any shopping there impossible. Hopefully, they have changed it after many people complained.
Careful, Sky will make this PPV Box Office
craigbelperbrown19/05/2020 19:10

Disappointed to see the seagull not having a mask or gloves on! Love the …Disappointed to see the seagull not having a mask or gloves on! Love the commentary, look forward to next time.

.. to it's credit, it IS socially distancing
MonkeysUncle19/05/2020 18:41

A woman has dropped some strawberries.

The seagull is the smart one, A free sandwich and free strawberries.
ZanyAngel19/05/2020 20:05

.. to it's credit, it IS socially distancing

so true
MonkeysUncle19/05/2020 18:41

[Image]

I would get in touch with Middlesbrough Council Enforcement Team, because that seagull is called Norbert and he lives in Middlesbrough, he has obviously gone against government guidelines and gone to the Whitby for a quick day out, cheeky bugger.

One rule for some eh?
Some habits are really hard to break.
Gollywood19/05/2020 20:04

Careful, Sky will make this PPV Box Office

...it will be better than some of the clap on Discovery channel
splatsplatsplat19/05/2020 19:39

Finest or Saver

I couldn't tell but she did that annoyed woman thing where she tried her best not to appear annoyed but the way she rammed those strawberrys back in her Tesco carrier bag. Oh man you could just see it ruined her evening.
Willy_Wonka19/05/2020 19:46

"Hmmm what else. no one in the parent and child parking spaces have kids"I …"Hmmm what else. no one in the parent and child parking spaces have kids"I am guilty of that last week for the first time. Tesco cut of the exit to the row by coning off the top end of the car park by the store for marking out queuing lanes. No where to go but park in parent & child parking. Not that anyone had kids & it was all empty. I apologise for not ramming though some cars to get in another appropriate row.

How did you get out again?
I love the mask wearers who haven't got a clue they wear them over just their mouths leaving their nose exposed, they are constantly touching the outside with their hands, they probably wear the same mask on and off for days, i also get wound up with people walking down the isle towards you in the middle not moving over to keep the safe distance between
Edited by: "ding" 20th May
Jeez, thankfully there are still some supermarkets out there which treat you like adults.
When we came out a car had moved in front of the space we were parked in so drove out that way to another lane. Otherwise I would have had to go the wrong way around & exit through the entrance.
bozo00719/05/2020 20:03

The stupidest one way design must be the Morrisons in Wimbledon. People …The stupidest one way design must be the Morrisons in Wimbledon. People with a trolley have a single queue to check out, which splits up closer to the tills. But that queue goes through the wine & beer aisle making any shopping there impossible. Hopefully, they have changed it after many people complained.

Just get you wine as the final item.
Same in Tescos. It's a great idea otherwise in Asda every aisle has queue and it's impossible to shop.

Hope other supermarkets adopts Tescos system.
Wonder what the seagull is doing now. Did he eat the cigarette as well? I see infractions all day with people who either don't know or don't care.
I sat on top of deck of full bus today and watch one passenger get rejected by a bunch of passengers who didn't want him sitting on same two seater with them. I recall the anger building up in me.
Cant beleive this is what it's come to. Who wouldn't want to be a seagull right now eating some free strawberries and then flying away...
Edited by: "AnkerMan" 21st May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions