Supermarket chickens, what are we being sold? (1stop Halal factory)

Found 31st Dec 2016
Chickens boiled alive, I personally won't buy supermarket chicken, they say it has happened numerous times, this is the times they were caught out.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

1. Misc
  2. Chicken
124 Comments

This displeases the great one, I smite you

The DailyMail? That's really your source of fact??

Banned

Free Range corn fed chicken please.

Not too fussed how it dies so long as its quick.
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 31st Dec 2016

Original Poster

peeej1978

No , it's in the times but subscription only

Banned

peeej1978

Precisely. Cooking a chicken to death. & then you have to disembowel it?

Nah. Its another airfix "story"

Airfix is outraged again. X)

Quoted from article, "Chickens are also killed using the same method without being stunned for some Muslims who want to know the animals are alive when they are killed.'

Surely all animals are alive when they are killed oO

It is a barbaric way of slaughter and should not be allowed.

peeej1978

Yes thats a source or thetimes.co.uk/edi…329 - whats the problem fella?

Banned

Doesn't matter how they die, if you eat chicken you can have no complaints.

Terrible and apparently things like this happen thousands of times a year....so why has the Mail highlighted this case?

Because it's Halal and it gets people like the OP going. They're so predictable that the Mail can publish stories like this safe in the knowledge they'll be outraged and post it on social media and other sites. Well done OP for your Pavlovian response. Now stop drooling. X)

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/stuartjhanley/gif/BawxZ_zpsobxifhe7.gif

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Airfix is outraged again. X)

I'd say concern for the suffering of vulnerable creatures entrusted to our care is a noble thing.

Personally I'd say the only justification for killing these animals in the 21'st Century is a religious one. Are you religious at all? Or is that something your not quite so keen to brag about?

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/Lha53KJ.gif

81 over the course of 4 months, they slaughter up to 100,000 per day.

Of course thats only the ones they know about, but I'm sure this happens in every slaughterhouse in the UK.

If you care about animal welfare you wouldn't eat any meat ever.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Terrible and apparently things like this happen thousands of times a … Terrible and apparently things like this happen thousands of times a year....so why has the Mail highlighted this case?Because it's Halal and it gets people like the OP going. They're so predictable that the Mail can publish stories like this safe in the knowledge they'll be outraged and post it on social media and other sites. Well done OP for your Pavlovian response. Now stop drooling. X)

And The Times?

Fred Smith

I'd say concern for the suffering of vulnerable creatures entrusted to … I'd say concern for the suffering of vulnerable creatures entrusted to our care is a noble thing. Personally I'd say the only justification for killing these animals in the 21'st Century is a religious one. Are you religious at all? Or is that something your not quite so keen to brag about?

No I'm not religious, but I am a hypocrite when it comes to animals. I donate to animal charities and love most animals, but I also eat a lot of meat as well as some quite 'cruel' foods.

What I find odd is that the Mail are profiling this story but have no problem pushing articles about the best lobsters on the market. Tell me the difference.

Sainsbury's said it had received assurances that its chicken was not … Sainsbury's said it had received assurances that its chicken was not affected by the factory error.

Phew! At least Sainsbury's chicken wasn't emotionally disturbed by the news.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

No I'm not religious, but I am a hypocrite when it comes to animals. I … No I'm not religious, but I am a hypocrite when it comes to animals. I donate to animal charities and love most animals, but I also eat a lot of meat as well as some quite 'cruel' foods.What I find odd is that the Mail are profiling this story but have no problem pushing articles about the best lobsters on the market. Tell me the difference.

Sentience.

MrScotchBonnet

Doesn't matter how they die, if you eat chicken you can have no … Doesn't matter how they die, if you eat chicken you can have no complaints.

Eh? That makes sense. I eat meat but want to know that during the slaughter it was done quickly and in a humane way. I wouldn't want to eat a chicken that had been forced to listed to Rick Astley till it dropped down dead.

Banned

Graham1979

Eh? That makes sense. I eat meat but want to know that during the … Eh? That makes sense. I eat meat but want to know that during the slaughter it was done quickly and in a humane way. I wouldn't want to eat a chicken that had been forced to listed to Rick Astley till it dropped down dead.

You will never know how all of your meat has been slaughtered. It's pointless living on those ethics because you can't monitor anything.

Fred Smith

Sentience.

Arbitrary. But you'll disagree for the sake of it because that's what you do. Best for the new year Fred. Set some lofty goals and fit your life to your dreams, not the other way around.

As we are on the subject of chickens, a few weeks ago I bought a chicken and cooked it. When i carved it there was LOADS of dark red bits all the way through it. I took it back to Morrissons cos it looked disgusting, the butcher reckons it was from plucking but all the way through? I've noticed these bits since but no so bad, anyone else noticed this?

Theres plenty of incidents at non halal abattoirs where animals are treated in a very very cruel manner but airfix don't post about those. Oh I forgot, this is about halal. Got ya airfix, keep it up buddy

EN1GMA

Theres plenty of incidents at non halal abattoirs where animals are … Theres plenty of incidents at non halal abattoirs where animals are treated in a very very cruel manner but airfix don't post about those. Oh I forgot, this is about halal. Got ya airfix, keep it up buddy <3

should each story mention non halal abbattoirs - that would be slight ludicrous wouldn't it?

EN1GMA

Theres plenty of incidents at non halal abattoirs where animals are … Theres plenty of incidents at non halal abattoirs where animals are treated in a very very cruel manner but airfix don't post about those. Oh I forgot, this is about halal. Got ya airfix, keep it up buddy <3

In The Times today? Must have missed them.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Arbitrary. But you'll disagree for the sake of it because that's what you … Arbitrary. But you'll disagree for the sake of it because that's what you do. Best for the new year Fred. Set some lofty goals and fit your life to your dreams, not the other way around.

What's arbitrary about it? Chickens are sentient and invertebrates such as lobsters are not.

Glad I buy my Halal Chicken from the butchers, where they kill the chicken themselves

Fred Smith

What's arbitrary about it? Chickens are sentient and invertebrates such … What's arbitrary about it? Chickens are sentient and invertebrates such as lobsters are not.

Like I said, it's predictable. Maybe join a gym and sort out your sleep pattern. It'll help with the negative emotions.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Like I said, it's predictable. Maybe join a gym and sort out your sleep … Like I said, it's predictable. Maybe join a gym and sort out your sleep pattern. It'll help with the negative emotions.

Like I said, what's arbitrary about it? BTW do at least try to reply to comments without attempting to denigrate your interlocutor.

Rid1

Glad I buy my Halal Chicken from the butchers, where they kill the … Glad I buy my Halal Chicken from the butchers, where they kill the chicken themselves

As do most Muslims I'll wager. This is the stuff destined to go on supermarket shelves with nary a mention that it's halal to feed the non-believers.

Fred Smith

Like I said, what's arbitrary about it?

Do the research. I'm not going to give you the temporary dopamine fix you need to mask the negative emotions by arguing further.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Do the research. I'm not going to give you the temporary dopamine fix you … Do the research. I'm not going to give you the temporary dopamine fix you need to mask the negative emotions by arguing further.

So no answer (BTW I added a bit, you should read my post again)

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Do the research. I'm not going to give you the temporary dopamine fix you … Do the research. I'm not going to give you the temporary dopamine fix you need to mask the negative emotions by arguing further.

Whats dopamine?

davewave

Whats dopamine?

Something most,people learn about in year 10, around the same time they start learning about individual research.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Something most,people learn about in year 10, around the same time they … Something most,people learn about in year 10, around the same time they start learning about individual research.

cheers, that's the type of clear explanation I would expect from you.

The only way to stop things like this happening is to vote with your wallet, if you are concerned about the welfare of the animals used for your food prior to slaughter then do your research and refuse to buy from shops that are not crystal clear on their packaging and make sure you let their customer services know as well.

If more consumers took responsibility for their decisions then the supermarkets would have to take note, this goes doubly for take away food, if you think the supermarkets are selling you junk meat i can only imagine what you are getting from your local Bangladeshi or Chinese take away or fried chicken fast food joint.

davewave

cheers, that's the type of clear explanation I would expect from you.

You're on the internet, you read a word you don't understand and you don't google it yourself?

Sorry, but with the greatest respect that's odd.

MrScotchBonnet

Doesn't matter how they die, if you eat chicken you can have no … Doesn't matter how they die, if you eat chicken you can have no complaints.

If it doesn't matter, why were they fined?.

Banned

J4GG4

If it doesn't matter, why were they fined?.

To get to the other side?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You're on the internet, you read a word you don't understand and you … You're on the internet, you read a word you don't understand and you don't google it yourself?Sorry, but with the greatest respect that's odd.

​thanks you have been as helpful as I always knew you to be, Google is also helpful isn't it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions