Supermarket fireworks ?

Found 30th Oct 2011
Hey guys,

Anybody know which supermarket has the best / or decent fireworks this year ? I want to put on a small display out of - preferably a selection box and a pack of rockets just for the family.

It's probably easiest for me to buy them from a supermarket.

Any ideas? Recommendations ?
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
Lidle have been raved about recently
Joey Bloggsy

Lidle have been raved about recently

Is that a new shop?
WoolyM

Is that a new shop?

never heard of it!
The Range have a great selection if you have one nearby. I personally hate fireworks!
momartin

The Range have a great selection if you have one nearby. I personally … The Range have a great selection if you have one nearby. I personally hate fireworks!

I hate fireworks unless it's 5 nov. That's the only day they should be allowed, gets it all over in 1 night.
eeeeeeeeeee
Banned
we bought a huge set from tescos today. its a huge box were you only need to light it once and they all set off after each other. it was £40 but they were bogof, so we bought a £30 set of rockets, wheels and other assorted ones-all for £40

they had actually a fairly good range, and differnet in prices

we always go to a display but my husband fancied having a go at them himself actually think we will save some money doing them at home, and get the family around
From what i have seen Tesco will be the best bet. 3 boxes for £20. A selection box, a pack of rockets and a large fountain. They did have some other offers but these were bigger boxes.
whatsThePoint

drive to the top of the nearest hill, all the rockets you want to see for … drive to the top of the nearest hill, all the rockets you want to see for free

Even better if it was Ally Pally as they had a brilliant display. But my nephew says its been cut this year so probably will have to go somewhere else.
Banned
avoid the main supermarket ones - they are all rubbish and terrible value despite their advertising to the contrary. Tesco selection box we had last year was laughable it was that bad.

LIDL & ALDI have much better ones.
I know you have decided to buy your own but there may also be a good display nearby
Heres a link to displays in London
londonevents2011.com/bon…tml
I dont know where you are in the country.
yep Lidl are very good

Asda have bogof on all fireworks
I tried the lidl ones last year, I was quite sceptical, but they were good, far better than average supermarket ones.
alanlukeb1

Asda have bogof on all fireworks

Does not mean they are good tho
deanos

Does not mean they are good tho

What supermarket fireworks are good these days?
We had a firework shop pop up last year and they were pretty amazing probably not legal though lol
As many have said Lidl ones are very good

We used some from Aldi last year - much better value than any we've bought from other supermarkets.
Which set of Lidl ones are good? Last year we bought some from there and the three we tried all blew up on the ground!!
I agree with csiman. I bought some supermarket ones to go with some others I got from a friend and they were pathetic. I wont be wasting my money on them again.
Original Poster
Going to try out Lidls this year - thanks guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants