ALL Supermarket NHS Specific Opening Hours

Posted 22nd Mar
Hey Guys (Skip to bottom of this post for summary of all opening hours (Sainsbury’s is incorrect, opening hours below are all accurate) cheers @myusernamehasgone234 )

Just thought I’d do a thread on NHS opening hours in the supermarkets to help our hard working NHS members get their essentials!

Tesco - Every Sunday 9-10am
Source: oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18319535.tesco-introduces-special-shopping-hour-nhs-workers/

Asda - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays - 8-9am.
Source: kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/asda-give-nhs-staff-priority-access-for-three-mornings-224216/

Sainsburys - Mondays - Saturdays 07: 30-8:00.
Source:
kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/sainsburys-offers-nhs-and-elderly-three-weekday-shopping-slots-224199/

Morrisons - 7-8am Monday - Saturday
Source: largsandmillportnews.com/news/18324507.morrisons-launch-nhs-hour-start-every-day/

M&S - Tuesdays and Fridays “First hour” of opening time.
Source: corporate.marksandspencer.com/media/press-releases/5e0f046f7880b21924350282/m-and-s-introduces-dedicated-shopping-hours-for-nhs-workers-and-vulnerable-shoppers

Co-Op - 8-9am Monday - Saturday and 10-11am on Sundays.
Source: metro.co.uk/2020/03/21/coronavirus-uk-supermarkets-open-nhs-staff-12433917/

Summary (please see above for Sainsbury’s hours):

3426044.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Our local supermarkets have been ignoring their own early morning OAPs only shopping hours, I see this as another gimmick that they’ll refuse to enforce and Asda for example, 8-9am really? You think a hospital worker can get their groceries, take it home, unpack and then get to their shift in this one hour slot.... What if their shift starts at 8am daily?

Stop with the gimmick, put some basic stock like bread, milk, eggs, toilet rolls in separate storage in your staff only areas and when a NHS worker comes in ANY TIME of the day get someone to go and bring them these basics from your holding area.
Edited by: "ristac" 22nd Mar
33 Comments
Good idea!

They should enforce it though.
polarone00122/03/2020 06:51

Good idea!They should enforce it though.

Morrison notice said staff would be on the door to check badges or that staff were in uniform
40159276-1Rbz8.jpg
Updated Sainsbury’s times

Anyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 07.30-08.00 every day from Monday to Saturday.

In addition to this, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all our supermarkets will dedicate 08.00-09.00 to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and carers.

From email
Sainsbury's have changed, to keep the vulnerable and NHS cohorts apart.

From their email this morning:

Many of you have written to me in the past 24 hours to tell me that you like the idea of priority shopping for NHS workers and for elderly and disabled customers, but that these should be at different times.

We have therefore decided to allow NHS and social care workers to shop in our supermarkets for half an hour before they open each day. So anyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 07.30-08.00 every day from Monday to Saturday. We're delighted to be able to offer priority shopping to all the hard-working NHS staff across the country who are working so hard to keep us all safe and well.

In addition to this, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all our supermarkets will dedicate 08.00-09.00 to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and carers.
What about Aldi and Lidl? Many NHS staff can't afford to shop at the places on the list.
darrenhutton22/03/2020 07:10

Updated Sainsbury’s timesAnyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 0 …Updated Sainsbury’s timesAnyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 07.30-08.00 every day from Monday to Saturday.In addition to this, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all our supermarkets will dedicate 08.00-09.00 to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and carers.From email

Done, cheers for that.
sam197022/03/2020 07:12

What about Aldi and Lidl? Many NHS staff can't afford to shop at the …What about Aldi and Lidl? Many NHS staff can't afford to shop at the places on the list.

Unfortunately, no news from them yet. Will keep an eye out though, if anyone finds them before me, please post here and I’ll update!
It would be much more helpful to provide priority slots for home delivery services instead of dedicated store hours, especially as a lot of NHS staff are shift workers.

Not that I'm criticising stores for making the effort.
Edited by: "duncancosgrove" 22nd Mar
what about the NHS staff like me that start at 7am on a weekday?

All stores need to offer the weekend times and all need to be earlier
Edited by: "kobrakaan1" 22nd Mar
kobrakaan122/03/2020 07:20

what about the NHS staff like me that start at 7am on a weekday?All stores …what about the NHS staff like me that start at 7am on a weekday?All stores need to offer the weekend times and all need to be earlier

To be fair, Morrison, Co-Op and Tesco do, so admittedly it may be a coordinated effort between all shops to try and do some at the weekend and others on weekdays to help spread out the supplies?
Fab post
sam197022/03/2020 07:12

What about Aldi and Lidl? Many NHS staff can't afford to shop at the …What about Aldi and Lidl? Many NHS staff can't afford to shop at the places on the list.

No NHS opening times announced. Why don’t you write to them and suggest it?
kobrakaan122/03/2020 07:20

what about the NHS staff like me that start at 7am on a weekday?All stores …what about the NHS staff like me that start at 7am on a weekday?All stores need to offer the weekend times and all need to be earlier

Sainsburys is Mon - Sat. Sunday is difficult because of stone age Sunday trading laws which already restrict business to just 6 hours.
Good info but, not a deal.
Not a deal and out of date.
Does this include nhs clerical workers as well. Just wondering
And for goodness sake buy enough food to last a week! THis isn't 'panic buying' it is people who have had at best two to three days food in the house who used to make continual regular stops at the shops to buy food as the need arose.
The buying has been these foolish people realising they needed to keep their cupboards stocked back up to what most would have considered 'normal' amounts.
emerald2122/03/2020 07:34

Does this include nhs clerical workers as well. Just wondering

From my understanding, if you have an NHS ID on you, you should be allowed in.
Edited by: "DealsIUsed" 22nd Mar
Mental that people here are so selfish that this has had to become a thing. I think the government quote was that people now have a billion pounds more food in their homes than this time last month. People with 20 weeks of food stockpiled in some cases. Are the majority of people here not very smart?
Our local supermarkets have been ignoring their own early morning OAPs only shopping hours, I see this as another gimmick that they’ll refuse to enforce and Asda for example, 8-9am really? You think a hospital worker can get their groceries, take it home, unpack and then get to their shift in this one hour slot.... What if their shift starts at 8am daily?

Stop with the gimmick, put some basic stock like bread, milk, eggs, toilet rolls in separate storage in your staff only areas and when a NHS worker comes in ANY TIME of the day get someone to go and bring them these basics from your holding area.
Edited by: "ristac" 22nd Mar
Stores should be ramping up delivery service
But it wont happen,as they don't make anywhere near as much money.
If the likes of Sainsbury's/Tesco really want to help,protect your staff better for a start.
They knew this was coming months ago
No masks no gloves for staff says it all.
Heaven help the lovely elderly lady who served my Mum last week.
Please stop kissing up to these big companies when they only have their own interests at heart.
Thank you for this.
Sainsbury's has just announced a designated half an hour from 07.30-08.00, Monday to Saturday for NHS staff - twitter.com/She…254
While the idea is great and rightfully applauded to help the elderly and the NHS staff. Supermarkets should free up or keep delivery vans aside for those workers that can't make that time due to work and get the food to them. They are the priority.
Get all those people who are now sitting at home (Hospitality sector as an example) and fully paid to come and work for the money they will be getting rather than lying on their arses watching Netflex....stocking shelves, sorting out queues at the supermarkets, delivering food to NHS staff and helping in hospitals (porters, cleaners..etc).
Edited by: "sam1970" 22nd Mar
I do have one request to the NHS staff - continue leading by example and where possible, don't bring your family into the store. My doctor friends told me this isn't helpful at all and it sets the wrong tone for social distancing. Again, where possible.
donny126622/03/2020 07:43

Mental that people here are so selfish that this has had to become a …Mental that people here are so selfish that this has had to become a thing. I think the government quote was that people now have a billion pounds more food in their homes than this time last month. People with 20 weeks of food stockpiled in some cases. Are the majority of people here not very smart?

Strange as it seems, £1bn is actually not a huge amount when spread across the country. About £15 per head.

Many people are being sensible, but I agree that others are being bonkers.
Hopsitals have canteens etc why not get the supermarkets to get stock sent there and have NHS employees buy from there...?
rowde8322/03/2020 15:20

Hopsitals have canteens etc why not get the supermarkets to get stock sent …Hopsitals have canteens etc why not get the supermarkets to get stock sent there and have NHS employees buy from there...?

You think nurses, doctors, midwives, scientists etc... have time to sit down and eat?

Can tell you you’re not allowed to eat in the labs... biohazard...
DealsIUsed22/03/2020 15:29

You think nurses, doctors, midwives, scientists etc... have time to sit …You think nurses, doctors, midwives, scientists etc... have time to sit down and eat? Can tell you you’re not allowed to eat in the labs... biohazard...

I mean instead of travelling to and trudging through lengthy queues at the supermarket for their weekly shop, have supermarkets send products/produce to hospitals where its a stones throw away and the staff can quickly purchase at the end of their shift, let security deal with non staff trying to pull a fast one
I've only seen the dedicated userbase hours totally disregarded by hordes of Huns waiting to pounce into the shop:

Shameful
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants