Supermarket policies and info around deliveries

Lead deal editor7
Posted 16th Mar
Hey folks, due to the ongoing situation with Coronavirus, supermarkets are seeing a HUGE increase in demand on shopping online & instore.

Most, if not all, don't have delivery slots for 5+ days, most also have restrictions on what products you can buy.

I've summarised below, also i'll update as/when.

If you see anything that could be included, please feel free to comment/tag me and i'll review as soon as possible.

ALDI:

Aldi has restricted all items in its store to four units. Also an insider has told us the best time to shop is either early morning or later evening when bulk of their deliveries are being worked on / re-stocked

Store locator

ASDA:

"Like most retailers, we have seen a heightened demand for products both in stores and online – particularly on items like hand sanitizer and cleaning products and as a result, have implemented a two item limit on purchasing these items.

"Whilst we are doing everything we can to maintain the availability of products for all our customers, we are asking our customers to shop responsibly in our stores and online so that everyone has access to the essentials.

"We are also grateful to our colleagues for their efforts to make sure our shelves are being refilled regularly and would ask customers to be patient with them as they try to meet this increased demand for products on the shop floor."

Also delivery and click & collect are mostly full, check back a few times a day or early hours of the morning (based on myself trying to get a delivery...)

Iceland:

Iceland are pretty fully booked with online deliveries and not seeing any restrictions as of yet.

One store, in West Belfast, stated that starting from March 17 they will open every Tuesday from 8-9am for elderly customers only, which is awesome!

Store locator

LIDL:

''We've put product quantity limitations in place on a select few product lines to ensure availability for as many customers as possible, and we would ask that customers respect these measures.''

Store locator

Morrisons:

You may notice that delivery slots for our online groceries service are becoming less readily available as demand for home deliveries increases. We're working hard to facilitate as many orders as we can, however please be aware that you may need to book your slot further in advance than usual.

"You will also discover that there is a maximum order number on selected products so we can make sure our customers still have access to essential products."

Again, delivery slots are pretty full, check back at quieter times, like early hours, may get a better chance of getting a delivery slot booked.

On the doorstep & self isolating

When it's time for your order to be delivered, it's essential that you let us know if you are self-isolating so our delivery drivers can take the necessary precautions when fulfilling your order. This will include placing your order on your doorstep and contacting you via telephone to ensure it's received. As such, please make sure your contact details are up to date in your account, and update us on your isolation status under the 'delivery instructions' section of your account.

Carrier bag return

Please also be aware that, as a temporary measure, our delivery drivers will be unable to bring your shopping into your home, or to take your bags away with them. Please hang onto them and return them to us in due course, when we'll ensure you're refunded for them as usual.

Thank you for your ongoing support as we work through these challenges.

Store locator

Ocado:

Ocado have a queue system in place online, personally ended up waiting 20 mins just to get in and reserve a delivery slot for the 25th March! If you want to edit your basket, you still need to queue, so be wary of this before your delivery date, i.e don't leave it until 30 mins before cut off!

''Sorry for the wait. Demand is very high at the moment so you may have to wait a little longer than usual to access the website.

Your wait time will be more than XX minutes.

This page will automatically refresh inxx seconds

Also Ocado are NOT allowing new customers to register an they're in the process of pulling all their new customer codes to meet demand for their existing customers

Sainsbury's:

The supermarket will be setting a limit of five units per customer on a small number of products such as hand wash, toilet rolls and cleaners.

Again, like other supermarkets, seeing a huge demand in delivery and instore, so check for delivery slots regularly.

Store locator

Tesco:

Again, delivery slots are really busy, along with click & collect so keep checking!

Customers now must state in the delivery instruction box whether or not they are self-isolating so deliveries can be made as safe as possible.

A spokesperson for Tesco said: “We have told customers that there will be buying limitations on certain products and asked customers to tell us if they are self isolating so drivers are aware.

“They will put food into plastic bags which will be left outside the front door – this will not affect food quality.

“We are dealing with high volume of products at the moment so there might be some stock limitations and customers will be offered substitutions, if customers don’t want the substituted item they can return it to the driver.

“We will support customers as best we can during this time.”

Store locator

Waitrose:

Antibacterial soaps and wipes - online only

"In-store, we are currently not putting a cap on any products.

"We have introduced a temporary cap on certain products on Waitrose.com including some antibacterial soaps and wipes, to ensure our customers have access to the products they need. We continue to work with suppliers to help meet demand."

Also they have a banner on-site ''If you're experiencing technical issues at this busy time, please bear with us. We'll fix them as soon as we can''

This was release as a joint statment between various supermarkets:

3423013.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
You seem to have missed Waitrose?
Like what the Iceland Belfast store are doing. That should be extended elsewhere too.
Ocado won't accept plastic bags back now for recycling which is understandable.

I could be wrong but i think all online supermarket deliveries are now not allowing drivers inside customers homes.
.MUFC.16/03/2020 13:50

Like what the Iceland Belfast store are doing. That should be extended …Like what the Iceland Belfast store are doing. That should be extended elsewhere too.

Hopefully the will! Really nice touch by them.

m1keyp1key16/03/2020 14:07

Ocado won't accept plastic bags back now for recycling which is …Ocado won't accept plastic bags back now for recycling which is understandable. I could be wrong but i think all online supermarket deliveries are now not allowing drivers inside customers homes.

Had a Tesco delivery late last week, the guy was standing at the end of the gate whilst we unpacked, which is pretty understandable in the current climate.
The Morrison delivery driver wanted to stand there reciting a long 'what has changed in our service because of the virus' explanation. This much annoyed the Mrs who wanted them gone. That speech could have been delivered by leaflet or email.
It was all well and good the Governments and supermarkets say no to stock pile groceries and the like, HOWEVER:

Today I tested the 5 major supermarkets online in respect to doing a basic online shopping order for HOME DELIVERY (taking into account I'd rather not be out and about and potential self isolation down the line).
The result was not one of the supermarkets could offer a delivery slot for at least 3 weeks!

This is unacceptable and the government needs to be questioned on this serious future issue.
Edited by: "Straycat1967" 17th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants