supermarket trollies - 2x20p coins will work instead of £1

Posted 30th Sep
according to tip from alexandra low from halesowen in pick me magazine.

haven't tried it myself yet.

lifedeathprizes.com
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Tried it. Didn’t work. Also embarrassing as I couldn’t get the 20ps back out of the slot
Edited by: "parisp" 30th Sep
30 Comments
I love the psychology that people will put the trolley back for the pound!
Why hasn't this made the headlines on BBC news?
Tried it. Didn’t work. Also embarrassing as I couldn’t get the 20ps back out of the slot
Edited by: "parisp" 30th Sep
Don’t want to boast too much and make you all jealous but I actually got a free £1 from a trolly this morning that was left from yesterday and I put back and got a £1
The round end of some house keys works as well. Credit to a random lady in ALDI when I forgot my token.
myusernamehasgone23430/09/2019 14:00

Don’t want to boast too much and make you all jealous but I actually got a …Don’t want to boast too much and make you all jealous but I actually got a free £1 from a trolly this morning that was left from yesterday and I put back and got a £1

I'd have voted that hot as a local deal
lch_8630/09/2019 16:45

I'd have voted that hot as a local deal

Local deals are the best.

Don’t want to boast too much and make you all jealous but I actually got a …Don’t want to boast too much and make you all jealous but I actually got a free £1 from a trolly this morning that was left from yesterday and I put back and got a £1

Would lawyers consider that theft by finding or would it be considered labour??
MadeDixonsCry30/09/2019 18:00

Would lawyers consider that theft by finding or would it be considered …Would lawyers consider that theft by finding or would it be considered labour??

I’m not sure. I was directed to the trolly by a member of staff as i’d got no change and asked how to get a trolly as Aldi don’t have customer service area like other supermarkets so I didn’t feel like I was stealing.
myusernamehasgone23430/09/2019 18:06

I’m not sure. I was directed to the trolly by a member of staff as i’d got …I’m not sure. I was directed to the trolly by a member of staff as i’d got no change and asked how to get a trolly as Aldi don’t have customer service area like other supermarkets so I didn’t feel like I was stealing.

I did ponder who breaks off shopping without taking the trolly back for the £1.

I’m not sure. I was directed to the trolly by a member of staff as i’d got …I’m not sure. I was directed to the trolly by a member of staff as i’d got no change and asked how to get a trolly as Aldi don’t have customer service area like other supermarkets so I didn’t feel like I was stealing.

Your excuse is not convincing enough.

Off to the gulag you go.
Those blue coin things that Tesco give out at the tills for the charity box by the door work I believe.
parisp30/09/2019 13:35

Tried it. Didn’t work. Also embarrassing as I could t get the 20ps back o …Tried it. Didn’t work. Also embarrassing as I could t get the 20ps back out of the slot

Same here, I tried it with Sainsbury's trolleys and ended up getting a basket, at least Tesco and Morrisons near font require a £. I rarely carry change.
xenole30/09/2019 18:12

Those blue coin things that Tesco give out at the tills for the charity …Those blue coin things that Tesco give out at the tills for the charity box by the door work I believe.

That’s what I use.
pete199330/09/2019 14:00

The round end of some house keys works as well. Credit to a random lady in …The round end of some house keys works as well. Credit to a random lady in ALDI when I forgot my token.

Yep got an unknown key on my keyfob just to use for the trolleys.
xenole30/09/2019 18:12

Those blue coin things that Tesco give out at the tills for the charity …Those blue coin things that Tesco give out at the tills for the charity box by the door work I believe.

No they have changed the size now to stop that
bigwheels30/09/2019 19:50

That’s what I use.

Luckily you have the old type the newer type are much thicker to stop this
Just move to a nicer area where they don't require you to put a £1 in the trolley as they don't trust the locals!
panhandlers galore hanging daily around the trolley parks at tesco on the old kent road!!

Hmmmm. Sounds like entrapment to me. Staff member was clearly stealing from the store £1 at a time via the trolleys, clearly got too close to getting caught and needed somebody to blame. Who better than a customer - perfect crime.

At 16/17 I used to work at Morrisons as the "trolley boy" coins on trolleys was a new thing then and people often forgot to take them back, my wages was more than doubled by the coins left most saturdays, (bear in mind my hourly wage was less than £3.50 back then), often it was upwards of £40, when it rained it was even more as people couldnt be bothered and was in a hurry to get in their nice dry car, the most "bonuses" I made on a single shift was over £100. Most people saw the trolley boy as a lowly job but it was probably the best paid job in the shop other than the manager. I'd never been fittter and had massive calf muscles as the car park was on a slope so pushing 20 trolleys uphill regularly. None of these fancy pants electric cart pushers the soft lads have these days. I got the store record for a snake of 42 trolleys up that hill.
Edited by: "harlzter" 1st Oct
BTW Judging by our local Aldi this tip doesnt work, half their trolleys dont lock as they have either 2 20p coins wedged in our the plastic charity voting coin from Tescos in them.

I use one of these

38583949-Am4ow.jpg
harlzter01/10/2019 11:43

At 16/17 I used to work at Morrisons as the "trolley boy" coins on …At 16/17 I used to work at Morrisons as the "trolley boy" coins on trolleys was a new thing then and people often forgot to take them back, my wages was more than doubled by the coins left most saturdays, (bear in mind my hourly wage was less than £3.50 back then), often it was upwards of £40, when it rained it was even more as people couldnt be bothered and was in a hurry to get in their nice dry car, the most "bonuses" I made on a single shift was over £100. Most people saw the trolley boy as a lowly job but it was probably the best paid job in the shop other than the manager. I'd never been fittter and had massive calf muscles as the car park was on a slope so pushing 20 trolleys uphill regularly. None of these fancy pants electric cart pushers the soft lads have these days. I got the store record for a snake of 42 trolleys up that hill.

Wow Amazing you got 100 trolleys left on one shift. I wish my Saturday job had had bonuses like that.
harlzter01/10/2019 11:48

BTW Judging by our local Aldi this tip doesnt work, half their trolleys …BTW Judging by our local Aldi this tip doesnt work, half their trolleys dont lock as they have either 2 20p coins wedged in our the plastic charity voting coin from Tescos in them. I use one of these [Image]

I had a trolley key ring but it recently brokeand I hadn’t seen any to replace it. Will probably get one from your link thanks
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 1st Oct
myusernamehasgone23401/10/2019 11:48

Wow Amazing you got 100 trolleys left on one shift. I wish my …Wow Amazing you got 100 trolleys left on one shift. I wish my Saturday job had had bonuses like that.

Wasn't just laying around, left people used to push them into the bay and forget to hook them up I actually loved that job as sad as it seems. People even used to leave handbags in the trolley (at least once per shift I found one) they went into the office though.
myusernamehasgone23401/10/2019 11:50

I had a trolley key ring but it recently brokeand I hadn’t seen any to r …I had a trolley key ring but it recently brokeand I hadn’t seen any to replace it. Will probably get one from your link thanks

myusernamehasgone23401/10/2019 11:50

I had a trolley key ring but it recently brokeand I hadn’t seen any to r …I had a trolley key ring but it recently brokeand I hadn’t seen any to replace it. Will probably get one from your link thanks

Mine broke too, so I used an offcut of steel and the angle grinder to make one using the Mrs's as a template. I doubt this one will break. The link I posted seems good value though as they are bogof, so im going to order them for little gifts. People seem amazed by them when they see you use them they look at you like you have just performed magic, you know when someone asks if you can change their coins for a £1 coin and you release it for them instead.
wow harlzter - that was a very lucrative job for you.

now I know why so many panhandlers are patrolling my local tesco car park - although I doubt if many local shoppers are prepared to sacrifice their pounds in these days of austerity (soon coming to an end thanks to boris's money tree).

about.sainsburys.co.uk/new…gue
Edited by: "seb" 1st Oct
harlzter01/10/2019 11:48

BTW Judging by our local Aldi this tip doesnt work, half their trolleys …BTW Judging by our local Aldi this tip doesnt work, half their trolleys dont lock as they have either 2 20p coins wedged in our the plastic charity voting coin from Tescos in them. I use one of these [Image]

Did you nick from your missus drawer?
gcmarcal01/10/2019 12:01

Did you nick from your missus drawer?

Its to unlock trolleys not cargo ships
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants