Groups

Supermarkets near Meadowhall

Are there any supermarkets within walking distance of meadowhall? I require some alcoholic refreshment for the train home and can't find a supermarket at all. In fact the last one I saw was the Asda next to Chapeltown train station!

Cheers

6 Comments

What about S&M in Meadowhall?

there is a sainsburys supermarket in Meadowhall itself

harlzter;3399817

What about S&M in Meadowhall?

S&M? there'll be kids about! hahaha

egdoldh;3399902

there is a sainsburys supermarket in Meadowhall itself

There hasn't been a Sainsburys in Meadowhall but a good few years, taken down to make way for more retail shops. I visit Meadowhall quite often and can't think of any alcohol selling stores either in there or within walking distance, apart from M&S as mentioned above (at least I presume this is who he's talking about), they definitely sell food so would probably have some bottles of wine but not sure about beer etc.

There is a sainsburys at the far end of the retail park. Bit of a long walk though.

Original Poster

The only Sainsburys was the petrol station one (It did look like a Sainsburys supermarket from a distance though!), and I somehow doubted they would sell alcoholic drinks to people paying for petrol :whistling:

But I had a interesting train ride home without alcohol anyway as I missed the train I usually catch so had a nice tour of various South Yorkshire stations :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Flight delay compensation614
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)918
      3. Gaming PC Upgrade Help33
      4. E-Bike/Electric Bike/Pedelec Advice810

See more discussions