Supplies to be distributed to households by military from strategic centres across UK

Posted 29th Mar
What am i reading !!

3430170.jpg

msn.com/en-…fWJ?li=BBoPWjQ&item=personalization_enabled:false
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Isnt this just for people in the 12 week group that got the letters
Edited by: "sd13" 29th Mar
18 Comments
Irish Army may help in N.ireland after Stormont’s health minister ( UUP) has said he would accept help from the British or Irish armies.
Good, they should be doing this for everyone really. If ppl all have at least the basic food essentials at home anyway far less reason for them to go out to supermarkets, which I think are far worse for spreading it than ppl expect. I know there is social distancing now but you only need one person to ignore it or even just make a genuine mistake and potentially loads infected...
I'm sure that this was something they were talking about last week in one of the Daily Coronavirus Briefings. IIRC it was proposed that for those vulnerable people who are told to shield themselves away for 12 weeks that the army could be involved in distributing goods to them as they are unable to go out for themselves. That MSN headline really should be mentioning that it is just for those who are considered vulnerable at this stage.
sd1329/03/2020 17:21

Some people who should be on the list aren't it's down to how conditions were coded but no idea whose coding they are working on.
fern3729/03/2020 17:46

Some people who should be on the list aren't it's down to how …Some people who should be on the list aren't it's down to how conditions were coded but no idea whose coding they are working on.

I agree i know several people that are house bound that didn’t get a letter
And i also agree it should be universal to people in need to have the basics delivered especially when its so hard to get a delivery and many people relied on them

Some people who should be on the list aren't it's down to how …Some people who should be on the list aren't it's down to how conditions were coded but no idea whose coding they are working on.

IIRC you can ask to be added to the "list" if you have specific medical needs (or similar) and you've not received "communication" by today

nhs.uk/con…sk/
If you're at high risk, you will be contacted by the NHS by Sunday 29 March 2020. Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted.

further down it says

If you need help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food, you can register to get coronavirus support.
sd1329/03/2020 18:14

I agree i know several people that are house bound that didn’t get a l …I agree i know several people that are house bound that didn’t get a letter And i also agree it should be universal to people in need to have the basics delivered especially when its so hard to get a delivery and many people relied on them

as above (reply to fern37)
philphil6129/03/2020 18:21

IIRC you can ask to be added to the "list" if you have specific medical …IIRC you can ask to be added to the "list" if you have specific medical needs (or similar) and you've not received "communication" by todayhttps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-people-at-high-risk/If you're at high risk, you will be contacted by the NHS by Sunday 29 March 2020. Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted.further down it saysIf you need help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food, you can register to get coronavirus support.

Thank you. I appreciate that info
Not applicable for those in Scotland. We don't seem to be getting these letters up here. I know fellow patients in England & Wales have had them.
fern3729/03/2020 18:24

Thank you. I appreciate that info

No problem chuck - hope you don't mind the term

Didn't here anything myself considering my own circumstances/health and just searched days ago for extra info... although I've not registered there...but stupidly registered as one of the 700k volunteers (knowing I can collect food/medication and deliver locally so long as I can do it safely - these four walls are closing in (Rainbow song)
fern3729/03/2020 18:30

Not applicable for those in Scotland. We don't seem to be getting these …Not applicable for those in Scotland. We don't seem to be getting these letters up here. I know fellow patients in England & Wales have had them.

my humorous response would be "Och"

the English version/translation "Ouch"
fern3729/03/2020 18:30

Not applicable for those in Scotland. We don't seem to be getting these …Not applicable for those in Scotland. We don't seem to be getting these letters up here. I know fellow patients in England & Wales have had them.

My Mum lives Highland Region and got a phone call last week asking were they all right and if there was anything they needed apparently there is a network of staff available to pick up and drop off supplies if they are stuck.
My Dad is one of the people who have had a letter telling him to shield for 12 weeks. He hasn’t had any other info yet though. If it wasn’t for my other half buying food for him (i’m self isolating) then he probably would have starved by now.

They have used hospital coding and some prescription data from general practice
Edited by: "richard19" 29th Mar
philphil6129/03/2020 18:21

IIRC you can ask to be added to the "list" if you have specific medical …IIRC you can ask to be added to the "list" if you have specific medical needs (or similar) and you've not received "communication" by todayhttps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-people-at-high-risk/If you're at high risk, you will be contacted by the NHS by Sunday 29 March 2020. Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted.further down it saysIf you need help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food, you can register to get coronavirus support.

My mother is vulnerable and had absolutely zero contact. Went through the application on the .gov site (was able to confirm at least one of the conditions listed) nearly a week ago. Finished the application and got absolutely zero back from them, not even a confirmation.

Seems like most government run initiatives this is a shambles. Wouldn't have bothered applying, but seems now you need to be registered vulnerable to get pretty much any kind of online grocery delivery too and as I'm a carer I can't go out for shopping etc.

Anyone know how you are supposed to follow up when they cba to get in touch
Edited by: "ST3123" 30th Mar
ST312330/03/2020 14:52

My mother is vulnerable and had absolutely zero contact. Went through the …My mother is vulnerable and had absolutely zero contact. Went through the application on the .gov site (was able to confirm at least one of the conditions listed) nearly a week ago. Finished the application and got absolutely zero back from them, not even a confirmation. Seems like most government run initiatives this is a shambles. Wouldn't have bothered applying, but seems now you need to be registered vulnerable to get pretty much any kind of online grocery delivery too and as I'm a carer I can't go out for shopping etc. Anyone know how you are supposed to follow up when they cba to get in touch

Sorry that you are having difficulties and no response but guessing that because there's over 65million people in the UK you are not alone and with the current human malware I doubt response will be efficient - you only completed the form 1 week ago and AFAIK and understand some stores are still waiting for the list of vulnerable people
My only advice, if you feel the need to urgently address the situation, would be to ask your mothers GP
HTH
philphil6101/04/2020 11:08

Sorry that you are having difficulties and no response but guessing that …Sorry that you are having difficulties and no response but guessing that because there's over 65million people in the UK you are not alone and with the current human malware I doubt response will be efficient - you only completed the form 1 week ago and AFAIK and understand some stores are still waiting for the list of vulnerable people My only advice, if you feel the need to urgently address the situation, would be to ask your mothers GPHTH

TBH we are doing ok at the moment, in fact I specified such on the form, so wouldn't expect any delivery straight away. I just wanted to have it in place, in case our situation changes for the worse and we have to request a delivery urgently, or use the priority delivery slot at supermarkets that have them.

If we can continue to get normal supermarket deliveries (difficult but managing to so far) then I'd rather do that and leave these for ppl that can't. Just wanted to make sure we are on their system, since we had no communication from the goverment or NHS other than the standard text they sent to everyone to stay home....
Edited by: "ST3123" 1st Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions