Expired

Support the RNLI when you shop at Amazon

Found 8th Jul 2013
When you purchase from Amazon via the link from the RNLI website, Amazon will donate a minimum of 5% of the value of all orders to the RNLI.
Obviously not a deal that will benefit you directly, but you never know one day you may need some help at sea or in a flood

rnli.org/how…spx
Community Updates
232 Comments
Excellent, the amount of money I have spent on there, wish I had know about this before!
nice one. thanks op
Excellent, bookmark updated
Good stuff - thanks
Thank you.
This HAS to get hot, these guys run on donations alone, and they do a chuffing incredible amount of good work. Vote this up right now, if you've ever been (or not) to the beach, done scuba, canoeing, etc etc!
deleted193256
where's the deal?
Great post and voted Hot. Thanks O.P.
thegroutch

where's the deal?

The deal is that one of the most worthwhile charities in the UK will benefit when you buy from Amazon.
thegroutch

where's the deal?

When they pull you out of the sea by your arms after you got into difficulty, you'll soon know where the deal is sonny!
thegroutch

where's the deal?

The deal is that you can give to charity without spending any more money than you already will. So you get more for your money. Hence, deal.
Hot hot hot. I really wish I'd known about this before - given I spend half my income on Amazon and donate regularly to RNLI anyway. These guys are seriously hardcore - I'm a sailer/kayaker/scuba diver and the RNLI will go out in conditions where the rest of us stay tucked up in bed. Such hazardous conditions but they go anyway and save so many lives.
Annoyingly I sent a order not 5 mins before finding this. Duly noted for the future. Thx
The Groutch is right - its not a deal - its a charity thread. Most charity threads are moved to Misc so don't be surprised (or offended) if the mods move this......
Having just been at sea for 7 days, I have witnessed how harsh conditions are. These brave people do a fantastic job. I will now make an excuse to buy something on amazon.
This is a great deal. I have just spent £200+ on amazon I wish I had seen this yesterday then I would have donated an extra £10+ to the RNLI, a charity I raised over £100 for earlier this month.
gari189

The Groutch is right - its not a deal - its a charity thread. Most … The Groutch is right - its not a deal - its a charity thread. Most charity threads are moved to Misc so don't be surprised (or offended) if the mods move this......

I think that it's a deal because it adds value to your purchase ie you buy a £10 Blu-ray and get a free 50p donation to a fab charity.
There is added value so surely it's a deal.
Bloody mean if it does get moved to misc...I love misc but it'll get more exposure in deals and more exposure means more donations.
The cynic in me thinks that if it does get moved to misc it might be due to HUKD not wanting to lose out on affiliate revenue from Amazon.
I hope it stays in deals.
amazing I wish I 'd know about this before !!!
Please leave here I would never have found it in 'Misc'
onlineo

This is a great deal. I have just spent £200+ on amazon I wish I had … This is a great deal. I have just spent £200+ on amazon I wish I had seen this yesterday then I would have donated an extra £10+ to the RNLI, a charity I raised over £100 for earlier this month.

If it hasn't shipped just cancel and reorder!
Amazon will get tax relief on these donations so pay even less tax!
Great find
SFconvert

Amazon will get tax relief on these donations so pay even less tax!

Oh, give it a break.
gari189

The Groutch is right - its not a deal - its a charity thread. Most … The Groutch is right - its not a deal - its a charity thread. Most charity threads are moved to Misc so don't be surprised (or offended) if the mods move this......

I would say this constitues a deal.
You are getting the ability to offer a monetary donation through no extra cost to yourself.
Belongs here where it will be seen. Also - share it to your FB people.
fantastic, this is double the rate offered by givingabit
If the RNLI doesn't float your boat (oh stop)... lots of schools and charities have a similar set up.

Voted hot.
Is there a link to click through from HMRC so they'll pay their tax instead?

“Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim.” Atlee
deleted117705

jut1972

If the RNLI doesn't float your boat (oh stop)... lots of schools and … If the RNLI doesn't float your boat (oh stop)... lots of schools and charities have a similar set up.Voted hot.

Where and how to find out which ones/how to sign up?
Anyone know?
Thanks OP! I will try and remember to use this from now. Less money in Amazon's pockets and more to charity
Macmillan Cancer Support do a similar thing:

http://shop.macmillan.org.uk/amazon.html

Instead of starting a new thread thought I would just mention it here
great ty op a very worthwhile charity
Great charity, well worthwhile. Thank you for posting OP, much appreciated. Hopefully a little extra money will go the RNLI's way as a result of this and a few extra lives can be saved. One of the most under-rated charities out there IMO!
Great. Thanks. RNLI and Salvation Army, only 2 charities I`ll give to.
This won't go down well with HUKD, they'll be giving all their precious revenue and commissions over to a charity!!!
Excellent find, this should go Red Hot for such a good cause!!
czechoslovakia

Great. Thanks. RNLI and Salvation Army, only 2 charities I`ll give to.

Good choice of Charities
Great deal...never heard of this before!

...there are also similar links on Macmillan Cancer site, Epilepsy site, Institute for the Blind site and...errrm...the Vegetarian Society!?!

...WTF is the Veggie Society getting kickbacks from amazon for...they ain't a charity are they??

...also WSPA ...world society for prevention of cruelty to animals, they get up to 7.5% back from amazon!
Edited by: "Krinkle" 8th Jul 2013
thegroutch

where's the deal?

haha you idiot
Krinkle

Great deal...never heard of this before!...there are also similar links … Great deal...never heard of this before!...there are also similar links on Macmillan Cancer site, Epilepsy site, Institute for the Blind site and...errrm...the Vegetarian Society!?!...WTF is the Veggie Society getting kickbacks from amazon for...they ain't a charity are they??...also WSPA ...world society for prevention of cruelty to animals, they get up to 7.5% back from amazon!

Some would argue that being a vegetarian is a disability. So having a charity is only the next step.(_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants