Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Support work not enough respect we deserve

Posted 1st Apr
Anyone else work in the care profession? Bad enough the awful wages they pay us, and the responsibility. That’s not the point no respect really given think what the NHS are doing hats of to them fully respect them and back then all the way frontline of it all underneath thousands of support workers such as my self continuing to work on the front lineJust makes my blood boil working 12/13 hour days. Looking after vunrable adults and protecting them from all what’s currently going on, no bonus no enhanced payments. Do the job we love not for the pay because we care.

When the government start to realise we do a job providing to the ones who need it the most should be £10 an hour wages!

Things have to change FAST

Many reading this sleep ins and overtime hours keep us going just...
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I think i need care after trying to read that
So what are you after op? Respect or a higher wage?
If you want a higher wage I would recommend not working in a job with limited earnings... especially in the public sector.

Respect? Majority of jobs are not respected - before starting out myself I was a salesman.. a role that holds no respect. For me it didn’t matter. I was happy being an annoying salesman taking home 65k after tax.

I think you need to know what you want.

In my option you should not get paid anymore, you should not get a bonus or enhanced payments. You should get paid for the hours you work and that’s it. The same as every position. You have the life you have through your own choices. If you want more change careers, re-train where needed and have ambition to earn more money. If your ambition is to care for others knowing the pay is not worthwhile then you have yourself to blame.
You do a great job. Under valued and under paid, in my opinion. My friend is a care worker and does great work in the community. I only hope, that when the time comes, we have caring people like you, to help look after us. The NHS cannot cope as it is. Care workers are vital to help people in need. So a big thank you from me. You are appreciated.
nrackham7601/04/2020 21:33

So what are you after op? Respect or a higher wage?If you want a higher …So what are you after op? Respect or a higher wage?If you want a higher wage I would recommend not working in a job with limited earnings... especially in the public sector. Respect? Majority of jobs are not respected - before starting out myself I was a salesman.. a role that holds no respect. For me it didn’t matter. I was happy being an annoying salesman taking home 65k after tax.I think you need to know what you want.In my option you should not get paid anymore, you should not get a bonus or enhanced payments. You should get paid for the hours you work and that’s it. The same as every position. You have the life you have through your own choices. If you want more change careers, re-train where needed and have ambition to earn more money. If your ambition is to care for others knowing the pay is not worthwhile then you have yourself to blame.

Wow, 65K after tax!
In the real world............................
A carer or support worker is on the minimum wage. Visits people in need of help. Whether it is making a cup of tea and something to eat, or helping the person to get out of bed, showered and dressed. That is not to mention personal toilet issues, which can be very challenging. Don't forget either, a friendly chat goes a long way.
Minimum wage, not paid for time to travel between peoples homes, paid for visits only.
So YES. YOU SHOULD BE RESPECTED.
people clapping the NHS workers, yet also voted for a party whose MP's cheered when the houses voted down a vote to give them increases.

spare me the lecture please.
sheilajay02/04/2020 08:06

In the real world............................A carer or support worker is …In the real world............................A carer or support worker is on the minimum wage. Visits people in need of help. Whether it is making a cup of tea and something to eat, or helping the person to get out of bed, showered and dressed. That is not to mention personal toilet issues, which can be very challenging. Don't forget either, a friendly chat goes a long way. Minimum wage, not paid for time to travel between peoples homes, paid for visits only. So YES. YOU SHOULD BE RESPECTED.

Cannot agree with your real world. It’s great we have people that are not financially ambitious and are happy to help others but this does not justify the level of respect one deserves.
Everyone should be respected in an ideal world but it doesn’t happen in reality.

The op asking for more money and respect off the back of working a low paid job is ridiculous. Either get a respectful job or one that pays well. You cannot have neither and desire everything. A friendly chat doesn’t pay you to have a high standard of living.

We always go back to the same point. The op needs know what he wants in reality. Not working a low wage respect less job and ask for handouts.
nrackham7602/04/2020 12:12

Cannot agree with your real world. It’s great we have people that are not f …Cannot agree with your real world. It’s great we have people that are not financially ambitious and are happy to help others but this does not justify the level of respect one deserves.Everyone should be respected in an ideal world but it doesn’t happen in reality. The op asking for more money and respect off the back of working a low paid job is ridiculous. Either get a respectful job or one that pays well. You cannot have neither and desire everything. A friendly chat doesn’t pay you to have a high standard of living.We always go back to the same point. The op needs know what he wants in reality. Not working a low wage respect less job and ask for handouts.

Point is those types of jobs should not be 'low paid' in the first place. you think its morally right for MPs to clap the NHS workers yet those same MP's cheered when they managed to vote down a vote in the HoC to give the NHS a pay rise?

lets feel good about ourselves, clap the essential workers but when it comes to actually doing something about it, nah, we'll vote for the party who will do over those very same essential workers. hypocrites.

bet branson gets a bailout though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions