Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Support workers

Posted 1st Apr
Anyone else work in the care profession? Bad enough the awful wages they pay us, and the responsibility. That’s not the point no respect really given think what the NHS are doing hats of to them fully respect them and back then all the way frontline of it all underneath thousands of support workers such as my self continuing to work on the front lineJust makes my blood boil working 12/13 hour days. Looking after vunrable adults and protecting them from all what’s currently going on, no bonus no enhanced payments. Do the job we love not for the pay because we care.

When the government start to realise we do a job providing to the ones who need it the most should be £10 an hour wages!

Things have to change FAST

Many reading this sleep ins and overtime hours keep us doing just...
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
It sucks I know , I’m a 24 hour a day carer for my best friend and get the whopping amount of £66.15 a week.
I would get more money for being on the dole.
Why is this deemed an invalid discussion?
Verbal.Kint01/04/2020 21:21

Why is this deemed an invalid discussion?

Guessing it’s been expired because it’s to hard to read.

Op, it’s a great service doing this line of work but it’s not the only job out there, if you feel that bad might be time to look elsewhere, retrain, etc plenty do it but you have to make the first move.
It's a job he loves like so many in the care and education sectors. Should he have to move because of politics?

If people who love such work have to leave that results only in people doing the role who don't love it and solely there for a wage. That's when we see exposés of disgusting mistreatment and worse of the vulnerable people in their care.
Verbal.Kint02/04/2020 15:52

It's a job he loves like so many in the care and education sectors. Should …It's a job he loves like so many in the care and education sectors. Should he have to move because of politics?If people who love such work have to leave that results only in people doing the role who don't love it and solely there for a wage. That's when we see exposés of disgusting mistreatment and worse of the vulnerable people in their care.

Well said and totally valid. 100% agree.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions