"Supporting the fight against middle lane drivers" - Nextbase dashcam advert

Found 26th Dec 2017
Can someone explain this advertising to me.. are people actually going out of their way to send footage from their dash camera of lane hoggers?

I think only 2% of drivers on the M25 have any sort of lane discipline so not sure how having an overpriced dash cam is going to "support the fight" against it.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

I am more concerned about people driving 90mph moving between lanes without indicating than I am about people doing the speed limit in the middle lane.
26 Comments

Made me chuckle too. Totally pointless advertising gunk.

Misses does it all the time.

Middle lane is her best friend it seems.

J4GG41 h, 52 m ago

Misses does it all the time.Middle lane is her best friend it seems.

Ahhh, from the school of motoring that thinks at the first opportunity get in the middle lane and stay there until wanting to leave the motorway, usually accompanied by only looking at the vehicle directly in front regardless of everything around them.
I have an ex wife like that.
She could also hit stationary bollards and trolleys in near empty car parks.

I am more concerned about people driving 90mph moving between lanes without indicating than I am about people doing the speed limit in the middle lane.

Some parts of the m25 are so dense with traffic that it’s near impossible to move overfrom any lane.

down with the middle lane scumbags! Yesaterday, chrismas day on the m4 there was loads of people in the middle lane while there was absoulutly no one in the left lane. Theres no need for that! However if it is traffic and busy, I get it and cant be helped but there was no traffic yesterday

I just do the "loop de loop" so i over take and come back around, making a point of it they need to get over!
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 26th Dec 2017

There are 4 lanes on the M25. Which one's the middle land then ???

On a completely separate note, some EU twt almost hit me. Me and the two cars behind me were all indicating and were moving to the left lane from the middle lane. His highness, already on the left lane and way behind the three of us gets pssed and then decides to speed up to not let any of us in. I had to swerve back into my middle lane to avoid a collision.

zworld26th Dec

There are 4 lanes on the M25. Which one's the middle land then ???On a …There are 4 lanes on the M25. Which one's the middle land then ???On a completely separate note, some EU twt almost hit me. Me and the two cars behind me were all indicating and were moving to the left lane from the middle lane. His highness, already on the left lane and way behind the three of us gets pssed and then decides to speed up to not let any of us in. I had to swerve back into my middle lane to avoid a collision.

Wait a minute.
3 of you drive past a car that was on the inside lane. Then only when you chose to move in to the left they accelerated.
You do know that
A) You were already in the wrong, for still being in the middle.
B) You should indicate to pull back into the default lane.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 27th Dec 2017

Maybe then driverless cars may be the answer especially on motorways. I know some people who just shouldn't be allowed on the roads.

Original Poster

darthvader666uk2 h, 3 m ago

down with the middle lane scumbags! Yesaterday, chrismas day on the m4 …down with the middle lane scumbags! Yesaterday, chrismas day on the m4 there was loads of people in the middle lane while there was absoulutly no one in the left lane. Theres no need for that! However if it is traffic and busy, I get it and cant be helped but there was no traffic yesterday I just do the "loop de loop" so i over take and come back around, making a point of it they need to get over!

I usually just undertake.. like, all the time. It does liven up my drive home to Essex, much more interesting.

4 lanes of traffic. The first last is empty, with everyone going 60mph in the 3rd and 4th lane.

All the dashcam will capture is me seemingly driving like a plonker, when in fact I'm the only one going the max speed limit and keeping discipline moving left at all times

666FU3 h, 37 m ago

I am more concerned about people driving 90mph moving between lanes …I am more concerned about people driving 90mph moving between lanes without indicating than I am about people doing the speed limit in the middle lane.

Then you are wrong. The latter of those 2 is far more dangerous and causes more congestion.

darkstryder3602 h, 6 m ago

I usually just undertake.. like, all the time. It does liven up my drive …I usually just undertake.. like, all the time. It does liven up my drive home to Essex, much more interesting. 4 lanes of traffic. The first last is empty, with everyone going 60mph in the 3rd and 4th lane. All the dashcam will capture is me seemingly driving like a plonker, when in fact I'm the only one going the max speed limit and keeping discipline moving left at all times

I have undertaken quite a bit too. I feel bad as it's wrong but middle lane driving is worse....I'll just keep to under taking

Original Poster

g8spur9 h, 30 m ago

Then you are wrong. The latter of those 2 is far more dangerous and causes …Then you are wrong. The latter of those 2 is far more dangerous and causes more congestion.

Exactly this.

Take a drive on a German Autobahn to see how motorway driving is done right.

Detest middle laners, first rule of the road - KEEP LEFT.

darthvader666uk9 h, 26 m ago

I have undertaken quite a bit too. I feel bad as it's wrong but middle …I have undertaken quite a bit too. I feel bad as it's wrong but middle lane driving is worse....I'll just keep to under taking

It isn't wrong though and lots of people think it is. Your lane is free of traffic and it isn't "undertaking" in the way that is "bad" or a way that would be penalised.

I just judge the situation, if there's a exit junction coming up I usually hold back or do the three across shuffle incase the Middle lane hogger wakes up at the last moment.

Otherwise, I just continue as normal.

Gynx51 m ago

It isn't wrong though and lots of people think it is. Your lane is free of …It isn't wrong though and lots of people think it is. Your lane is free of traffic and it isn't "undertaking" in the way that is "bad" or a way that would be penalised. I just judge the situation, if there's a exit junction coming up I usually hold back or do the three across shuffle incase the Middle lane hogger wakes up at the last moment. Otherwise, I just continue as normal.

i didnt actually know it wasnt bad. TIL I shall keep that in mind when I meet middle lane drivers this week
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 27th Dec 2017

The major problem with all bad drivers/riders is that there isn't enough law enforcement.

Not enough policing and definitely not enough prosecutions. As I mentioned in this thread hotukdeals.com/com…559 - even SMIDSY where the driver admits it - they will not be prosecuted for "driving without due care"

I hate middle lane hoggers, I hate failing to indicate and I hate those "entitled" who park wherever they feel without fear of being punished

It's about being responsible - the law/government/road users taking responsibility but we are living in this era where responsibility is being shunted to others.

666FU20 h, 41 m ago

I am more concerned about people driving 90mph moving between lanes …I am more concerned about people driving 90mph moving between lanes without indicating than I am about people doing the speed limit in the middle lane.

I agree to a point but that doesn't mean middle lane hoggers aren't a problem, it's just different degrees of idiocy.
Edited by: "spoo" 27th Dec 2017

philphil618 h, 9 m ago

The major problem with all bad drivers/riders is that there isn't enough …The major problem with all bad drivers/riders is that there isn't enough law enforcement.Not enough policing and definitely not enough prosecutions. As I mentioned in this thread https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/32910559 - even SMIDSY where the driver admits it - they will not be prosecuted for "driving without due care" I hate middle lane hoggers, I hate failing to indicate and I hate those "entitled" who park wherever they feel without fear of being punishedIt's about being responsible - the law/government/road users taking responsibility but we are living in this era where responsibility is being shunted to others.

It's not about responsibility being shunted it's about there not being enough people to enforce laws/rules.

I too despise people who park like **** but they always seem to never get caught.
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 27th Dec 2017

First lane is for oaps, second lane is for texting, third lane for drink driving and on occasion a fourth lane so we can overtake all the idiots!.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 27th Dec 2017

Oneday7726th Dec

Wait 3 if you were past a car on the inside lane. Only when you chose to …Wait 3 if you were past a car on the inside lane. Only when you chose to move in to the left they accelerated. You do know that A) You were already in the wrong, for still being in the middle. B) You should indicate to pull back into the default lane.

That made no sense whatsoever!

zworld21 m ago

That made no sense whatsoever!

I’ve tidied it up a little for you.

darthvader666uk27th Dec

i didnt actually know it wasnt bad. TIL I shall keep that in mind …i didnt actually know it wasnt bad. TIL I shall keep that in mind when I meet middle lane drivers this week

Due to the actions of other drivers, there's a fine line between undertaking and driving as the guidelines intended.

The Highway Code on lane discipline:

You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking.

On overtaking:

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake.

Personally, I always give the car ahead time to move left. It's not uncommon to see people overtake a lorry, and then effectively cut it up so they can get back in the left lane early and accelerate hard. That is dangerous. There's been a few occasions where I've nearly collided with a vehicle that has done this to me.

satchef128 m ago

Due to the actions of other drivers, there's a fine line between …Due to the actions of other drivers, there's a fine line between undertaking and driving as the guidelines intended.The Highway Code on lane discipline:You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking.On overtaking:Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake.Personally, I always give the car ahead time to move left. It's not uncommon to see people overtake a lorry, and then effectively cut it up so they can get back in the left lane early and accelerate hard. That is dangerous. There's been a few occasions where I've nearly collided with a vehicle that has done this to me.

Thats interesting and its what I do, or at least try. Sometimes I find when driving home im in the left, then the car (i can see a waay back has been in the middle lane all the time and hasnt come over) over takes me and then is met with another driver down the road also just in the middle lane and I have managed to catch up with them as no one has gotten over. Then what also I have found is that the right line is too has slow moving bechiles and then I end up undertaking 2 lanes as the left lane is free. No one in sight.

Though my exmaple on Christmas day when people were staying in the middle lane (there was no one in front of me for miles), I would flash them to indicate they are safe to come in but they didnt listen

I guess depending on the situation, you have to call it as youi see but mostly, people just hog the middle lane

as for those drivers, yeah thats crazy and can assume they are not checking thier mirrors. When I want to come back into the lane, I check the left mirror to see the vehicle and once it re-appears in the rear view window I know theres enough space to come back over.
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 28th Dec 2017

Oneday7726th Dec

Wait a minute.3 of you drive past a car that was on the inside lane. Then …Wait a minute.3 of you drive past a car that was on the inside lane. Then only when you chose to move in to the left they accelerated. You do know that A) You were already in the wrong, for still being in the middle. B) You should indicate to pull back into the default lane.

On the A13, the left lane constantly leads to exits. It is possible to continue on, but then you are faced with traffic lights at a roundabout and then have to proceed to join the A13 again.
Hence, people stay on the middle lane unless you are exiting. The three of us wanted to take an exit and thus we wanted to move to the left lane. The twt saw this and aggressively increased his speed to not allow any of us to take our exit.

I live at the end of the M4 there is only 2 lanes
Post a comment
@
    Text