Groups
    EXPIRED

Surf board advice

Are there any experienced surfers that could give me some advice please? My 12 year old daughter has recently been surfing with some friends & had a couple of lessons......and now she's been bitten by the bug!! We're thinking of maybe buying her a beginners surf board for her birthday & I would like some idea of a good (not too expensive) board to buy. Many thanks in advance.

2 Comments

have a chat with her instructer or hire a few different sizes to see what she gets on with best.., probably a mini mal around 8ft would be good. pick one up via freeads / gumtree locally second hand, dont worry if its got a few scrapes / dings as long as its water tight.. I never go to the cost of brand new, as I would want to keep it pristine and would get upset about knocking it. its a great sport to get into!

Original Poster

mfarmer02

have a chat with her instructer or hire a few different sizes to see what … have a chat with her instructer or hire a few different sizes to see what she gets on with best.., probably a mini mal around 8ft would be good. pick one up via freeads / gumtree locally second hand, dont worry if its got a few scrapes / dings as long as its water tight.. I never go to the cost of brand new, as I would want to keep it pristine and would get upset about knocking it. its a great sport to get into!

Thanks very much for your reply. You're absolutely right, I'd be the same with a new one!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel22
      2. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      3. Customs charged too much for a little item!67
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1414

See more discussions