Groups
    EXPIRED

Surface Pro 3 from America

Hi,

My family are on holiday in america at the minute and Im considering asking them to pick me up a Surface Pro 3. Was wondering if there would be any update issues or anything else at all (im thinking no, but I know 3g on some mobiles etc doesnt work and want to make sure before I spend 700 quid!)

Im thinking 4gb of ram will be enough? I dont use photoshop etc. The most user intensive activity I would have is probably having about 30 internet tabs open at once!

Thanks!

7 Comments

Other than charger no nothing else. Make sure you don't get a CDMA version as that definitely won't work in the UK check which frequencies it runs on and then you can check which UK models are compatible.

With the extra security issues at airports at the moment every electronic device needs to be turned on.

If this is a new device then if they turn it on it will have to go through the install routine.

Also if they see it is a new device they may pass on info to UK customs so when they land you may be hammered for various taxes etc.

guilbert53

With the extra security issues at airports at the moment every electronic … With the extra security issues at airports at the moment every electronic device needs to be turned on.If this is a new device then if they turn it on it will have to go through the install routine.Also if they see it is a new device they may pass on info to UK customs so when they land you may be hammered for various taxes etc.

Isn't it just hand luggage that these checks are for?

Original Poster

Chidmas

Other than charger no nothing else. Make sure you don't get a CDMA … Other than charger no nothing else. Make sure you don't get a CDMA version as that definitely won't work in the UK check which frequencies it runs on and then you can check which UK models are compatible.

sorry i dont follow, is CDMA etc not to do with mobiles? why would frequencies matter with it?

Original Poster

guilbert53

With the extra security issues at airports at the moment every electronic … With the extra security issues at airports at the moment every electronic device needs to be turned on.If this is a new device then if they turn it on it will have to go through the install routine.Also if they see it is a new device they may pass on info to UK customs so when they land you may be hammered for various taxes etc.

I dont think i would mind them turning it on.. its only to check that it actually works. not that fussed about customs too, they can take it out of box etc so it doesnt look new

adamski88

sorry i dont follow, is CDMA etc not to do with mobiles? why would … sorry i dont follow, is CDMA etc not to do with mobiles? why would frequencies matter with it?

Sorry for the late reply, I didnt know if you looking at one with integrated 3g/4g in which case some of the networks use CDMA.

Original Poster

Chidmas

Sorry for the late reply, I didnt know if you looking at one with … Sorry for the late reply, I didnt know if you looking at one with integrated 3g/4g in which case some of the networks use CDMA.

i see, from what ive read though, there isnt currently a model with integrated 3/4g

ive gone for it anyway, at £655 for the 128gb model.. 2 hard to resist!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions