Surface Pro 4 compatibility issue - any advice please

Posted 29th Nov
Minimum:
My daughter wants to download a game and these are the requirements for the game:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5-2500 / AMD FX-6350
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) / AMD Radeon R9 270X (2GB)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 16 GB available space

She has a Surface Pro 4 and I dont know if it can play this game, its 64 bit, Win 10, not i5, dont know ram etc. Not sure if it has 16 GB space either.
    The game is £40 so dont want a wasted download if its not possible to play it.

Its a kids game but there must be a lot of kids that dont have an i5 chip in their laptops - not sure its really required. Can someone with more technical knowledge please advise me if possible. Thanks

Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I think the surface Pro will struggle.
I’d suspect the graphics will be the main thing to hold it back
yup the GTX770 is quite a gfx card i still have one, no tablet will get anywhere near that mate
It won’t work
Can you upgrade a Surface Pro 4 with a better graphics cards if that is the only issue?
googley229/11/2019 22:38

Can you upgrade a Surface Pro 4 with a better graphics cards if that is …Can you upgrade a Surface Pro 4 with a better graphics cards if that is the only issue?

No. The surface is a completely sealed unit, you can’t even change storage or memory config.
It isn’t designed for 3D graphical applications due to no real way to dissipate the heat.
Thank you all, quite clear its not going to be possible for her to play some games unless I can win the lottery.
Glad I asked and didnt waste the money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants