Surgical Masks

Posted 16th Feb
Anyone knows where I could buy the surgical masks from any online stores?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Honestly... all this panicking with the Corona Virus is so unnecessary. The death toll is under 2,000 people still.
20 Comments
Have you tried a well known retailer called Amazon?
Everywhere is pretty much sold out because of the corona virus
Dentist supplies are being rationed due to this sort of panic buying.
Do yourself a favour. If you are that worried buy a Respirator from screwfix. Paper masks are useless.

39922544-5HJoU.jpg
Honestly... all this panicking with the Corona Virus is so unnecessary. The death toll is under 2,000 people still.
darkfrost116/02/2020 21:46

Honestly... all this panicking with the Corona Virus is so unnecessary. …Honestly... all this panicking with the Corona Virus is so unnecessary. The death toll is under 2,000 people still.

The death rate of those infected is about 2.3%.
Willy_Wonka16/02/2020 21:17

Do yourself a favour. If you are that worried buy a Respirator from …Do yourself a favour. If you are that worried buy a Respirator from screwfix. Paper masks are useless. [Image]

People might think you've got your own meth lab if you wear that though

39922782-BC6fr.jpg
China
wee_snoop16/02/2020 21:53

People might think you've got your own meth lab if you wear that though …People might think you've got your own meth lab if you wear that though [Image]

Yep builders will be absolutely fine. Because they have the kit
Surgical masks only protect against large droplets of stuff getting into the mouth and out of the wearers mouth. They don’t do a huge amount if you are concerned about coronavirus. Better regular handwashing Is the key.
jon81uk16/02/2020 22:05

Surgical masks only protect against large droplets of stuff getting into …Surgical masks only protect against large droplets of stuff getting into the mouth and out of the wearers mouth. They don’t do a huge amount if you are concerned about coronavirus. Better regular handwashing Is the key.

They also do not cover the eyes & this infection can infect via the eyes.
MonkeyMan9016/02/2020 21:06

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surgical-Mask-Face-Masks-Medical/dp/B084JDZ339/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=Surgical+mask&qid=1581887127&sr=8-6Absolutely loads on stock dunno where you got your info from

Amazon will always show possible prime options but it is showing 3rd party sellers because they are sold out
39923019-QTkmW.jpg
Dylan_Smith13516/02/2020 22:36

Amazon will always show possible prime options but it is showing 3rd party …Amazon will always show possible prime options but it is showing 3rd party sellers because they are sold out[Image]

Its a load of rubbish really. None of those cover the eyes.
don't panic mr mannering.

the flu is more dangerous and people don’t buy masks to protect against it.
bigwheels17/02/2020 07:40

don't panic mr mannering.the flu is more dangerous and people don’t buy m …don't panic mr mannering.the flu is more dangerous and people don’t buy masks to protect against it.

And how often are people been killed by the flu? People joke about these things and yet this new one is one of the most contagious and worrying virus' yet, nobody knows how bad it will get.
Bigfootpete17/02/2020 13:32

And how often are people been killed by the flu? People joke about these …And how often are people been killed by the flu? People joke about these things and yet this new one is one of the most contagious and worrying virus' yet, nobody knows how bad it will get.

Im just going on what the news said.

I fight every year to be left alone by the doctors, who insist I must have a flu jab.
I dont want it, personal choice.
There are a lot more things to worry about in life than this scaremongering, TB, bird flu, plastic in our water and food.
If you believe everything you hear or read on the news you would not eat drink or sleep and that would kill you.
I use these at work and my supplier has halved my usual order due to the high demand however people don’t realise these would be absolutely useless against diseases like Coronavirus. They are for sale on eBay at a 10x inflated price if anyone that desperate but in the meantime I will just choke on foot dust.
Bigfootpete17/02/2020 13:32

And how often are people been killed by the flu? People joke about these …And how often are people been killed by the flu? People joke about these things and yet this new one is one of the most contagious and worrying virus' yet, nobody knows how bad it will get.

People die from flu each year that’s why those most vulnerable are offered flu jabs each year which includes children and elderly as well as other high risk groups and health care workers.

google.co.uk/amp…ter
Surgical masks are a distraction. They are fraught with difficulties, e.g. they get wet, you pick them up with your hands, your hands get contaminated. So as you can see there are lots of issues with them.

They also divert from the things you should be concentrating on, e.g. social distancing, and a level of hygiene. Social distancing can also be difficult to avoid as you can imagine.

Yes, be alert though don't panic.

Although the situation with coronavirus is new and evolving each day, remember that based on current information, the flu, as mentioned by some above, is a far bigger health threat, and we can't even get everyone to get the flu vaccine as someone else has already mentioned.

Of course if you do come down with systems like fever, a cough and difficulty breathing, current advice is to seek medical treatment straight away.

nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

But don't panic, it's not the apocalypse as the headlines and social media lead us all to believe.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 18th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants