Surnames

Found 26th Nov 2017
I once did jobs for a Mr Merry and a Mr Christmas in the same village.

Also recently did a job for a pregnant woman called Mrs Adcock.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
47 Comments

I used to know a family that insisted that their surname was pronounced "for-es-kin"

I feel sorry for people with ridiculous surnames

32570997-JVzgV.jpg

A fair percentage teachers names in schools often reflect what they teach. A strange coincidence, cough masons, no doubt.

Same is true for gardeners. Think of Bob flowerdew for example. And pippa greenwood.
Came across some absolute corkers in my days in banking. Remember one joint account held by Mr pee and miss wi

psychobitchfromhell32 m ago

Same is true for gardeners. Think of Bob flowerdew for example. And pippa …Same is true for gardeners. Think of Bob flowerdew for example. And pippa greenwood. Came across some absolute corkers in my days in banking. Remember one joint account held by Mr pee and miss wi

Shame you couldn't laugh all the way to the bank

MIDURIX2 m ago

Shame you couldn't laugh all the way to the bank

I know. Laughed all the way from it when I left though.

I went to school with a Theresa woods. What else would they be? My mum had a boss called Mr C Lyon and also knew a lady called pearl buttons. I once worked with a woman with the surname swallow who married a chap called swift.

psychobitchfromhell23 m ago

I went to school with a Theresa woods. What else would they be? My mum had …I went to school with a Theresa woods. What else would they be? My mum had a boss called Mr C Lyon and also knew a lady called pearl buttons. I once worked with a woman with the surname swallow who married a chap called swift.

I actually went to school with a girl called Theresa Green.... true.

When I was at school 2 teachers got married.

Mr Pye and Miss Cherry.

Sadly they didn't double barrel their surname

Towelie13 m ago

When I was at school 2 teachers got married.Mr Pye and Miss Cherry. Sadly …When I was at school 2 teachers got married.Mr Pye and Miss Cherry. Sadly they didn't double barrel their surname

Was she a bit of a tart?

barriey39 m ago

I actually went to school with a girl called Theresa Green.... true.

You went to school???

I always wondered if the Hitler surname still exists in Austria/Germany

You do sometimes wonder if the parents thought things through

Knew a girl called Carrie Oakey and a guy called Stan Still

Driving through the snow to deliver to Mrs Snowball

cowsindahouse2 h, 37 m ago

A fair percentage teachers names in schools often reflect what they teach. …A fair percentage teachers names in schools often reflect what they teach. A strange coincidence, cough masons, no doubt.

Thanks Miss Ingword.

summerof7643 m ago

You could understand Carrie Oakey if she was born before the mid eighties but Stan still? What were the parents thinking? The worst one I ever came across was Justin goodenough. How to give your child a complex.

We have a student living next door to us whose name is Forrest Darke. I have imagined him being called by his surname first .... Darke, Forrest.

There was a lady I knew years ago whose surname was Hooligan.

summerof7645 m ago

If he wasn't straight and he met up with Ben they could introduce themselves as Stan Still and Ben Dover

Knew of someone who (admittedly by marriage) was Isabella bell.

Most of those never happened.

summerof761 h, 34 m ago

32573217-LFkgW.jpg

Hmmmm. Not at all convinced.

I knew a bloke called Where'sme Slippers-Love.

psychobitchfromhell3 h, 8 m ago

I went to school with a Theresa woods. What else would they be? My mum had …I went to school with a Theresa woods. What else would they be? My mum had a boss called Mr C Lyon and also knew a lady called pearl buttons. I once worked with a woman with the surname swallow who married a chap called swift.

I also went to school with a Theresa except her surname was Green.

haritori3 m ago

True for at least six months of the year

I came across a Dr De'ath once......

My daughter had a supply teacher the other week called Mr Cumdick. The class were in hysterics (13 year old girls...). Bless him, he tackled it head on and said “yes it’s my name and I’m proud of it!”

haritori55 m ago

Behave hari

I know someone with the surname Growcock. He's not very popular. But for some reason instead of people mocking his real name, they have altered it to something else less funny to take the Michael.

It absolutely baffles me.
Edited by: "MSK." 27th Nov 2017

bluep1 h, 28 m ago

...Mr Cumdick. ...he tackled it head on...

That takes some balls.

I once saw a doctor called Dr Loverock

My granny knew an Ophelia who married a Mr Balls.....Ophelia Balls

A girl at school called Iona House....middle name Wendy (that's a capital i so read it as iona)...iona wendy house.

My godmother's niece is called Rosie Butt....she changed her surname on her 18th birthday. Her father considered it 'character building'. It wasn't.

I knew someone with the surname Onion which had to be pronounced 'oh-nigh-on'.

My geography teacher was Miss Stone, my biology teacher was Miss Flower and my music teacher Mrs Sharp.

All 100% true.

My friend has two boys. One has the middle name 'Anarchy' and the other's middle name is 'Danger'.

I can just imagine it 'Danger is my middle name'. The friend previously seemed so normal

My brother has a friend called Richard head.

My sister used to know a lady called joe king, she applied to be on the weakest link but was rejected and got a nasty letter back accusing her of being a BSer and wasting their time she wrote back bitching at them, never did get on the weakest link.

Went to school with a boy called Gaylord Airfix. Nice kid mind.

My mate had a work pal called Wayne King . At a first aid course one of the guys was called Tortoise .. Can't recall his first name

Original Poster

OldEnglish44 m ago

Went to school with a boy called Gaylord Airfix. Nice kid mind.

32576288-mzOQg.jpg

Went to college with a Crapper, lovely guy.

My electronics teacher at school was called Mr Condon. Would get unspeakably angry when he was inevitably called "Mr Condom", Another teacher once came into the class room and called him it, probably over-thinking it on the way down, the class erupted. He gave 30 kids after school detentions. I wonder why people with names like this go into the profession, surely they can see it coming?

Another had a Jonathon Ross style speech impediment, would pronounce "L" as "W". Taught Geography, I remember a class about "medievaW WeyWines" like it was yesterday. The entire class giggling uncontrollably until he finally turned from the blackboard red-faced and screamed "STOP WAFFING!". No way out of it for him I suppose, "stop gigawing" would've had the same affect.

I once knew of a Mr Umhole, First name was apparently Buoni

Krooner8 h, 13 m ago

Went to college with a Crapper, lovely guy. My electronics teacher at …Went to college with a Crapper, lovely guy. My electronics teacher at school was called Mr Condon. Would get unspeakably angry when he was inevitably called "Mr Condom", Another teacher once came into the class room and called him it, probably over-thinking it on the way down, the class erupted. He gave 30 kids after school detentions. I wonder why people with names like this go into the profession, surely they can see it coming?Another had a Jonathon Ross style speech impediment, would pronounce "L" as "W". Taught Geography, I remember a class about "medievaW WeyWines" like it was yesterday. The entire class giggling uncontrollably until he finally turned from the blackboard red-faced and screamed "STOP WAFFING!". No way out of it for him I suppose, "stop gigawing" would've had the same affect.

Can't really count crapper it derives from the mans success with his toilet company
en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…per

Segata-Sanshiro33 m ago

Can't really count crapper it derives from the mans success with his …Can't really count crapper it derives from the mans success with his toilet companyhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

I'm in Yorkshire too, maybe there's a real connection!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions