Surprise anniversary holiday - where's the best site to look and book

Posted 5th Jan
Normally I leave the holiday bookings to my partner but as its our anniversary I'd like to surprise them with a holiday for our anniversary at the end of July (doesn't help the cost being half term period aswell but it's the only time we'd both have more chance of getting a 7-14 days off together.

I know 3 areas where they'd be happy with, Caribbean, Indian ocean or Thailand, these 3 are on their bucket list so I'm hoping I can sort one of these.

I've only ever thought of using the likes of Expedia or Last minute, but does anyone else have any recommendations on best sources to book a semi luxury holiday (under 2.5-3.5k if possible as some prices where enough to make me shut the laptop thinking I need a second or third job ) or would it be better to book flights seperate and then booking.com to find hotel seperate (always worry thinking if I get 1 half i won't find the other and be stuck)

Probably why I give up and leave holiday bookings to the partner lol.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Wait to see if we leave the EU first
Book everything separately it will save you a lot of money, I've been doing it for years.
I use travelrepublic.com I look on normal holidays sites see what I want then goto travelrepublic and pick the flight and hotel separate then pay through them and it becomes atol protected... their just a search site not tied to one company...
esar05/01/2020 14:03

Wait to see if we leave the EU first

Why?
Bargainhead05/01/2020 17:39

Why?

Tariffs and the value of the pound (whispers of a dollar collapse mid Jan)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions