Groups

Surround Sound for my Blu Ray... help please :D

Hello, fan of this site and it's pushed me towards buying a Regza 32" Toshiba HD Ready telly, and a new Samsung BD-P1600 blu ray player, and many blu rays for that matter... what i would now like to know is can anyone give me advice on what i want to look at for a reasonable price (prefereable below like £70) 5.1 surround sound and the necacary requirements to get surround sound from my blu ray player rather than a 5.1 sound, as has happened int the past when i was given my brothers Logic3 Soundstation.....

Anyone can direct me to good deals?

8 Comments

If you have a nice HD TV, a Blu Ray player and lot's of Blu Rays....then you may as well throw them in the trash if you are going to sped under £70 on surround sound as they would be severely wasted.
    You will need to spend at least twice that amount to get good quality

Original Poster

It's a HDReady Tv not HD1080, and i'm 16.... funds aren't particularly high!

kennyt;6121694

It's a HDReady Tv not HD1080, and i'm 16.... funds aren't particularly … It's a HDReady Tv not HD1080, and i'm 16.... funds aren't particularly high!

Your TV will be 1080 actually, albeit 1080i (interlaced) rather than 1080p (progressive) scanned.
    The picture quality will be exactly the same as the later unless you sit like a foot away from the TV where it may be noticeable. so you do have good technology.
    If you can spend money on lots of Blu Rays etc, why can't you buy a good surround sound? It's 100% worth it trust me. even better than being at the cinema.

Banned

best bet is to monitor ebay in your local area for surround amps. I got a TEAC Surround receiver for £25 (cost £300 new) & a 100W SONY sub-woofer for £20 which was new but never used (£100+ new).

I am in the same situation, I have a Samsung PS50B530S2WX on the way and a ps3 for a blu-ray player but I know absolutely nothing about surround sound/amps/subs so i'm basically stuck for what to buy.

I'm also interested in "sound bars" I know they aren't as good as surround sound but it means there won't be cables all over the room.

Original Poster

My problem is not so much buying it... it's more what to buy... i dunno?

I am in the same boat , I know nothing of what to buy ? I can go up to say £250 ? Is this enough and what is recommended ? I have a Samsung series 6 LE656 .

iwearahalo2;6146550

I am in the same boat , I know nothing of what to buy ? I can go up to … I am in the same boat , I know nothing of what to buy ? I can go up to say £250 ? Is this enough and what is recommended ? I have a Samsung series 6 LE656 .

I got my seperate system for a lot less than that. Second hand mind, from AV Forums for sale forum.

Sony amp - £100
    Tannoy 5.1 speakers - £60

Sorted, the system is amazing, vibrates the walls when necessary, which is often..........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047106
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
      3. love affairs1344
      4. word association Game73944484

See more discussions