Groups

Surround Sound for Xbox360

The speakers in my TV are pretty much all but blown so I have been looking to get some surround sound.

I know its best to have a digital input on the surround sound system but with the limited space, and not wanting wires around the place can anyone recommend a decent 2.1 system or a 5.1 system that would have wireless speakers.

Doesnt need to have a dvd player as I just use the xbox hd-drive although having one would sure as hell be a lot quieter.

Budget would be under £200, even pointing me in the right direction or some techy info would be great.

Cheers

9 Comments

are these 5.1 (surround sound) not better for the price scan.co.uk/Pro…285 With free scan shipping they work out about the same price as the ebuyer ones if you are spending less than £50

Banned

you should get a pair of these they are much better 2 play on xbox 360 with than a surround sound system play.com/PC/…tml

Liddle ol' me;2486416

are these 5.1 (surround sound) not better for the price … are these 5.1 (surround sound) not better for the price http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=527285 With free scan shipping they work out about the same price as the ebuyer ones if you are spending less than £50

Trouble is he wants wireless speakers if they are 5.1 speakers which pushes the price to silly money figures for something at least half decent, cheapest I can find for wireless ones that arent pants are £250 plus. Anything less and they are likely to sound like the sound is coming from the bottom of a coke can or be useless on the wireless side, ie lots of interference, poor range or dropped signal everytime something electrical is used/switched on.

vVvGaming;2486423

you should get a pair of these they are much better 2 play on xbox 360 … you should get a pair of these they are much better 2 play on xbox 360 with than a surround sound system http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3593396/SteelSeries-Siberia-Neckband-Headset-White/Product.html

all headphones hurt my ears after a while so no good for me - and if spending that money I'd rather buy the surround sound speakers and a set of headphones to plug in when needed for short periods...

harlzter;2486443

Trouble is he wants wireless speakers if they are 5.1 speakers which … Trouble is he wants wireless speakers if they are 5.1 speakers which pushes the price to silly money figures for something at least half decent, cheapest I can find for wireless ones that arent pants are £250 plus. Anything less and they are likely to sound like the sound is coming from the bottom of a coke can!

oh right, i didn't even notice the wireless request! ah, so those speakers you pointed too are wireless too..? I'm gonna have another look :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;2486462

oh right, i didn't even notice the wireless request! ah, so those … oh right, i didn't even notice the wireless request! ah, so those speakers you pointed too are wireless too..? I'm gonna have another look :thumbsup:

No he wanted either a wired 2.1 or wireless 5.1, can understand why though, its a pain trying to route wire discreetly but it can be done with careful planning!

harlzter;2486484

No he wanted either a wired 2.1 or wireless 5.1, can understand why … No he wanted either a wired 2.1 or wireless 5.1, can understand why though, its a pain trying to route wire discreetly but it can be done with careful planning!

I can't get anything right tonight. One more go on Ikaruga demo -- with carefully planned controller wire -- and I'm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Night.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help.

I like the look of both the ebuyer and scan speakers. I didnt realise it would be so cheap.

Think I will go for the 2.0 system since it will be a space saver.

Cheers and rep added to all who helped
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…22
      2. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556

See more discussions