Groups

Surround sound from my Samsung 1500 Bluray player ?

How do i set it up to an ok surround sound equipment?
    the surround sound packages dont come with a bluray player so i cant play my rays on the dvd player you get with them

how does anyone else play theirs?

16 Comments

Use Toslink (optical) cables to 5.1 DTS sound system.
    Great sound, on Killzone2 has full DTS sound tracks, Awsome.
    Well worth setting up

Original Poster

so i buy the likes of an argos £100 system and also buy the optical cable to run from my bluray to the dvd player that plays out to the surround system?

where do you get these optical cables?

I got my optical cable from Amazon I think, sure was about a tenner only got a belkin one, but amazing sound through the 360

Make sure any system you buy has optical in and like Guru said a 5.1 DTS system is the best to go for.

Here you go ]http//ww…8-1

Original Poster

How do you mean optical out?
    Do i go from the theatre system (optical out) to the bluray player?

wish i knew what to do lol

the set up iv got just now is bluray player HDMI to the 37" tv, 360 to the tv HDMI, sky plus scart to tv

saxo_appeal;4787280

How do you mean optical out?Do i go from the theatre system (optical out) … How do you mean optical out?Do i go from the theatre system (optical out) to the bluray player? wish i knew what to do lol

Sorry I meant optical in!!, your bluray player (optical out) goes into your surround system (optical in) by the optical connection and will then split the sound to the 5 speakers and sub.

Original Poster

how do i get my 360 to play thru the surround when its connect by HDMI to the tele ? there wouldnt be an available slot in the back of the 360 to go to the surround

thanks for all your help by the way

saxo_appeal;4787280

How do you mean optical out?Do i go from the theatre system (optical out) … How do you mean optical out?Do i go from the theatre system (optical out) to the bluray player? wish i knew what to do lolthe set up iv got just now is bluray player HDMI to the 37" tv, 360 to the tv HDMI, sky plus scart to tv

I use the composite HD connector for my 360 (its the lead you get with the console) as that has an optical out on the connector that goes into the back of the console and then I connect the green, red and blue in the back of the TV. my sky and DVD is connected with just basic AV leads to the AMP.

Original Poster

what do you think of this one mate

]http//ww…407

plus ill get an optical cable

Seems good.
    But your paying for supported formats that not nessary ie you stream from PC to Xbox it converts for you.
    Check for Just the amp and speakers, get more for your money.
    Can't remember what mine is but cost 200 quid, for speakers wire and power box.
    Check in local Richer Sounds or goto your local electric shop to see what I mean.
    Also My one gotten 7 inputs (2 toclink I optical from TV, 4 line ins, so I can connect anything to it
    radio MP3 player, dvd player computer etc)
    just don't want to pay for a feature that I don't thing you'll need

Cant get on richer sounds from work or would look for you, sorry

Original Poster

hmmmm

so your saying get a decent amp and surround speakers?

Yes, you xbox, computer, DVD player just outputs the sound.
    Then the speakers take it over..

so not paying for a device (can player Divx) that you already can do with the equipment you have

Original Poster

Buy an Av reciever that has the optical in

Thats all you really need, and good speakers. at least 5 for surround and 1 Sub.
    Just saying incase you'll upgrade your exsisting amp.

and your old amp might not be 5.1 or 7.1
    but if so then that be fine

Original Poster

cheers guru, iv had a look at some amps etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020