Groups
    EXPIRED

Surround Sound Speakers HELP!

I have a new sony bravia TV and blu ray player. I'd like to have surround sound (sony to match would be good) but don't know the 1st thing about it (or anything else for that matter!). I don't have any consoles connected to the TV.

This is probably a really stupid question but if I can find a sony speaker system can I just connect it all up and have surround sound for both normal TV watching and watching films on the blu ray?

All I can find (under £200) are systems with upscaling dvd players. Does anyone know if I can get just a speaker system??

Help me...I'm too blonde for these sorts of things!

5 Comments

A little over 200 but this 'play.com/Ele…tml?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Electronics-_-Amplifiers-_-Sony%2BSTR-DG820%2B7.1%2BChannel%2BReceiver%2B(Black)&source=5065&engine=froogle_electronics&keyword=Sony+STR-DG820+7.1+Channel+Receiver+(Black)' coupled with some nice 5/7.1 speakers...

If you can spend a little more look for a A/V Receiver which does the new hd audio formats. I have a Harman Kardon AVR 255 and must say its a great bit of kit... But you have to but the speakers seperatly. Quad lites are supposed to sound great?!

I wouldn't have a clue about the all in ones but would like to pass you over to a really good forum. Place your question over there and i'm sure you'll get lots of help!!

[url]www.avforums.com[/url]

I have a Sony LCD Bravia, linked to a PS3, Xbox360, Ipod and Sony Amp - pm me if you want some advice in detail list you budget and space you have i.e would you consider an amp and separate Sub woofer

I am having exaclty the same problem as you. I hav ea sony bravia tv, sony blue ray DVD and i would like some surround sound speakers for under £200 without a DVD player. Have you recieved any information that has helped you?

Kate

Looking for a 5.1 surround with optical that will shake the house down.......

POSTED BY: esq3585 5 hours, 57 minutes ago

Was looking at the sony samsung pioneer and onkyo any other good deals around???
    Cheers.
    Was running a Gigaworks 750 b4 and need something this powerful but with optical connectivity.

Seems like an awesome deal for the money
    Richersounds should also pricematch this hopefully.
    hifix.co.uk/sku…98b

:thumbsup::)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions