Surround sound speakers help please

I have inherited this speaker system, but without the Blu-ray player:
lg.com/uk/…tem

Since the player is no longer available, can anyone recommend a product that would work well with these speakers? I already have a PS4 so I don't necessarily need a Blu-ray player.

From what I gather it needs to be at least 850 watt, and at least 5.1 surround?

7 Comments

i have a similar problem, excepy my bluray blew up, so have perfectly good speaker with no use

Should be able yo use most cheap branded multi channel amps, however the thing is your sub is passive

Original Poster

Andi Keane

Should be able yo use most cheap branded multi channel amps, however the … Should be able yo use most cheap branded multi channel amps, however the thing is your sub is passive

Thanks Andi - is there a particular product that would work, taking into account the sub being passive?

you would need an amp capable of doing the ohmic value on the speakers (normally 4) you can get surround sound amps. For example 201036798892 on Fleabay

Infinite Element

Thanks Andi - is there a particular product that would work, taking into … Thanks Andi - is there a particular product that would work, taking into account the sub being passive?

Not sure, if I get chance il dig a little deeper into it

Infinite Element

Thanks Andi - is there a particular product that would work, taking into … Thanks Andi - is there a particular product that would work, taking into account the sub being passive?

It gets complicated because of that sub, also could do to know your budget to replace an amplifier

Thing is it might end up being more worthwhile as you have a ps4 just getting another all in one solution with fresh speakers

Or if money permits going down the multi channel amp and speaker route from scratch (which is ultimately the best route if you like your surround sound

Let me know and il see what else I can do

Original Poster

Andi Keane

It gets complicated because of that sub, also could do to know your … It gets complicated because of that sub, also could do to know your budget to replace an amplifierThing is it might end up being more worthwhile as you have a ps4 just getting another all in one solution with fresh speakers Or if money permits going down the multi channel amp and speaker route from scratch (which is ultimately the best route if you like your surround soundLet me know and il see what else I can do

Appreciate your help, thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. anyone use this site before? http://www.ukgroupdeals.com56
    2. Any plumbers DIY'rs? basin waste problem56
    3. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2238
    4. Nintendo Switch Game Cases22

See more discussions