Surviving Black Friday gaming deals with hotukdeals

Posted 13th Nov
Black Friday is now just SIXTEEN days away and as we all know the site moves extremely fast during the biggest shopping period of the year.

I've taken the liberty of putting together this little guide to try and keep us all up to date with the gaming category during the Black Friday period. I've included a list of retailers expected to take part, for both physical and digital content. I've also listed below the most popular games available on the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One to help us keep track of pricing.

Before we move onto the specific retailers, games expected to drop and pricing, I thought it beneficial to include a couple of how-to-guides on setting up alerts on hotukdeals, for both the website and the hotukdeals app (quick plug: which is available now on the Apple App Store and Google Play )

How to setup alerts for specific gaming interests.

Setting up alerts for important notifications is super handy, alerting you of content that's submitted to the site by our members when they happen, even more so if you have the hotukdeals app.

Via the webpage

Simply search the item you're interested in using the hotukdeals search function based at the top of the screen.

3330492.jpg
On the next screen you will find an option to activate an alert, click the red available button and voila - your alert is now set up and ready to ping you when new content is shared.

3330492.jpg
Via the hotukdeals App

• Launch the app
  • Tap the 3 lines in the top left corner
  • Select 'Alerts'
  • Head to the bottom right - Tap the pencil to edit
  • Tap a keyword you want to add an alert for, or type your own.
  • Set the heat level you want to be notified at.)
  • Hit 'Save' in the top right corner.

The new group layout feature on the site makes keeping track of your desirable content even easier, allowing specific filtering of the content you want to see. If you already have a console purchase in mind, then it might be best to bookmark one of the group pages below to keep track the deals you want to see.

[Black Friday PS4 Deals]
[Black Friday PlayStation 4 Pro Deals]
[Black Friday Xbox One Deals]

[Black Friday Xbox One X Deals ]
[Black Friday Nintendo Switch Deals]

The newly released Sega Mega Drive Mini could also take a bit of a price drop, so if you're looking to purchase a bit of Sega nostalgia, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on that.

The list of retailers expected to take part this year should come as a surprise to no-one. Below you'll find quick links to their hotukdeals merchants page, so if you have a favourite, another bookmark may well be in order to keep track of their activity as the deals appear. Some merchants also might have some early Black Friday offers, so set up your hotukdeals alerts early so you don't miss out!

Physical Game Retailers

Digital Game Retailers

Merchandise

Using data found floating around the internet I've added below some of the current popular games available at the moment. Obviously I would like to know that there's content here that everybody wants to see as we move through Black Friday together, so if there's something you're interested in, please just yell so I can add it.

Popular Nintendo Switch Games

Bayonetta 2 [Group page]
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe [Group page]
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle [Group page]
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee [Group page]
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu [Group page]
Splatoon 2 [Group page]
Super Mario Maker 2 [Group page]
Super Mario Odyssey [Group page]
Super Mario Party [Group page]
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [Group page]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Group page]
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [Group page]

Popular PlayStation 4 Games

Bloodborne / [Group page]
Death Stranding / [Group page]
Devil May Cry 5 / [Group page]
God of War / [Group page]
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition / [Group page]
Marvel's Spider-Man / [Group page]
NieR: Automata / [Group page]
Resident Evil 2 / [Group page]
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice / [Group page]
The Last of Us Remastered / [Group page]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt / [Group page]
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End / [Group page]
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life / [Group page]

Popular Xbox One Games

Assassin's Creed Odyssey / [Group page]
Battlefield V / [Group page]
Borderlands 3 / [Group page]
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / [Group page]
Cuphead [Group page]
Dark Souls: Remastered / [Group page]
FIFA 20 / [Group page]
Forza Horizon 4 / [Group page]
Gears of War 5 / [Group page]
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice / [Group page]
Kingdom Hearts 3 / [Group page]
Middle-earth: Shadow of War / [Group page]
Red Dead Redemption 2 / [Group page]
Resident Evil 2: Remake / [Group page]
Shadow of the Tomb Raider / [Group page]
Sea of Thieves / [Group page]
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice / [Group page]
The Outer Worlds / [Group page]

Black Friday is always the ideal time to be topping up those gaming subscriptions. We've seen close to criminal prices in the past for PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live subscriptions and I can't see 2019 being any different. If you're due to run out with your active subscription or likely to soon, it's definitely keeping an eye on the subscription groups below.

If you've managed to make it this far and find yourself thirsty for more text. PLEASE make sure to check out the MASSIVE Black Friday 2019 - When is it? What retailers are expected to take part? Our predictions and how to find the deals YOU want thread created by @goonertillidie covering a wider range of categories.

Getting deals sent straight to your phone has never been easier with the new hotukdeals Daily Picks option, an alternative to the WhatsApp deal alerts!

Daily Picks

Before you can use it you'll need to switch it on from the hotukdeals app.

Hottest deals on the go.The world’s largest deal community fits in your pocket. Find the latest, hottest deals on all the things you want, wherever you are!

Introducing Daily Picks - our in-app alternative to WhatsApp deal alerts!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

1 Comment
Surviving is definitely the right word to use, just really easy to get wrapped up in it all and end up buying stuff you wouldn’t ordinarily buy. Case in point - last year ended up with multiple spare controllers that still haven’t been used and games that I’ve no desire to play, just because they were discounted at the time.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 13th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants