Suspended from Ebay - What are my options?

26 replies
Found 13th Nov 2008
Looks permanent this time, i guess i can't just open a new account?

26 Comments

Original Poster

Let this be a reminder to you all not to mention xbmc in your xbox1 listings

you got banned for that?

Original Poster

sancho1983;3455641

you got banned for that?

indeed i did, copyrighted material and all that (though i always though it was open-source)

it is but it is compiled on an microsoft compiler which is illegal. Plus normally the bios on the modchip or eeprom which you used to mod it uses copyrighted microsoft code.

wow im unbanned

Probably due to copy protection issues and the like.

I got an alert over copyright etc.

Original Poster

matt3454;3455655

it is but it is compiled on an microsoft compiler which is illegal. Plus … it is but it is compiled on an microsoft compiler which is illegal. Plus normally the bios on the modchip or eeprom which you used to mod it uses copyrighted microsoft code.

Agreed :thumbsup:

I've had a warning before over copyrighted material, i take it this wasn't your first warning?

Original Poster

souljacker;3455703

I've had a warning before over copyrighted material, i take it this … I've had a warning before over copyrighted material, i take it this wasn't your first warning?

Nah i deserved it don't get me wrong, just a bit ****** off that i let it happen, i never thought i'd miss ebay though....

Could i conceivably open a new account?

teambintip;3455717

Nah i deserved it don't get me wrong, just a bit ****** off that i let it … Nah i deserved it don't get me wrong, just a bit ****** off that i let it happen, i never thought i'd miss ebay though....Could i conceivably open a new account?

im sure you can as we have three-mine o/hs and daughters all at this address. Would need different bank accounts i think tho...we use same paypal address though for all 3

Original Poster

louloo;3455747

im sure you can as we have three-mine o/hs and daughters all at this … im sure you can as we have three-mine o/hs and daughters all at this address. Would need different bank accounts i think tho...we use same paypal address though for all 3

So you can use the same paypal account to handle payments from more than 1 ebay account?

Do you get away with not having to pay their stupid sellers fees if you get banned?

Original Poster

donnydude;3455786

Do you get away with not having to pay their stupid sellers fees if you … Do you get away with not having to pay their stupid sellers fees if you get banned?

Sadly not

donnydude;3455786

Do you get away with not having to pay their stupid sellers fees if you … Do you get away with not having to pay their stupid sellers fees if you get banned?

oh im sure they will still take that from your bank or paypal..

Original Poster

teambintip;3455782

So you can use the same paypal account to handle payments from more than … So you can use the same paypal account to handle payments from more than 1 ebay account?

If this is the case i can set up an account in the wife's name.....

I've been banned for 11 months now, should be back on in january and can start making some money again!

change your first name for the new account. i hide my ip address now, dunno if it works though

Original Poster

deadduck_145;3456180

change your first name for the new account. i hide my ip address now, … change your first name for the new account. i hide my ip address now, dunno if it works though

Can i use my current paypal account though?

Don't think i can set up a new paypal account and register it to my bank account as its already linked

teambintip;3456213

Can i use my current paypal account though?Don't think i can set up a new … Can i use my current paypal account though?Don't think i can set up a new paypal account and register it to my bank account as its already linked

close your current account and re open another. or change the email address

Banned

you have to send them your identificatsion to get unbanned ave been banned twice for mention wrong thigns like copied disks ect

Banned

you can add another email addresss to paypal for ebay. i have dont that. used to have hotmail then just created a mail.com account and used that

teambintip;3455782

So you can use the same paypal account to handle payments from more than … So you can use the same paypal account to handle payments from more than 1 ebay account?

yep we do:thumbsup:

Original Poster

louloo;3456352

yep we do:thumbsup:

Thanks

logyon;3456331

you have to send them your identificatsion to get unbanned ave been … you have to send them your identificatsion to get unbanned ave been banned twice for mention wrong thigns like copied disks ect

Gonna try that first

Banned

I've been banned for years. Always detects when I try to create a new account although some have remained active for a few weeks before they notice and I get banned again!

not bothered really as ebay is just a scammers paradise these days

Gonna try that first[/QUOTE]

yep i would but we do have three accounts and use them all from my laptop...no problems as they are legitimately run seperately apart from the paypal account and the bank it goes into(the bank account is a joint account too)
I wish there was a viable alternative to ebay as it really gets me down lately-it was brilliant when i first started about 6 or 7 years ago:roll:

If you have a partner just set up a new account in her name & use that. its what i did when i got banned from ebay
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    3. 5am gym crew20137
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396

See more discussions