Suspended from work for 2 weeks...

Found 5th Nov 2008
The company do not have record of my visa this because they only ask for a photocopy of my passport.
My passport atm is with the Home office so I can physically give them proof now so I am stuck in a rut.
What am I entitled to if I actually do have visa to work even before I sent my passport away?
Financially I will be struggling.

10 Comments

contact home office. they have your passport and are te people who decide if you can work so ask them for help.

maybe they can fax your employer the relevant paperwork??

Visa status will be in the passport copy if the relevant pages were copied :thinking:

Original Poster

Marina;3375925

Visa status will be in the passport copy if the relevant pages were … Visa status will be in the passport copy if the relevant pages were copied :thinking:

employer did not ask me for that so how would i know?

Original Poster

DIVA1977;3375847

maybe they can fax your employer the relevant paperwork??

won't the effect the process of my application?

sharonwai;3375934

employer did not ask me for that so how would i know?

In an ideal world, you would have copied the important pages of your passport before you sent it out. With a bit of luck, someone from Home office can fax you or send copies of needed pages without disturbing the application progress. You need to ring them for that

I suggest you ask this question on ukresident.com/for…php in the forums. It's the best place for immigration related questions, it also has solicitors that frequently answer questions.

Original Poster

Marina;3375993

In an ideal world, you would have copied the important pages of your … In an ideal world, you would have copied the important pages of your passport before you sent it out. With a bit of luck, someone from Home office can fax you or send copies of needed pages without disturbing the application progress. You need to ring them for that

will ring them soon...
thanks

Tell your employers to ring the Home Office's Employers helpline , they will be able to verify your visa status, you will also need to be there when they make the call.

if it is their fault because they did not ask you for the relevant information and you dont get your passport back for 2 weeks ({the time of suspension) - then they have to pay you the 2 weeks money - but if after the 2 weeks it shows you should not be working - then you get nothing
Post a comment
@
    Text