EXPIRED

Swanage Regatta and Carnival Week 2009 25th July - 01st August

I have family down in Swanage and growing up I couldn't wait to get down there for the carnival week, usually it's jam packed, but very much worth looking down there for a family day or weekend away, there will be loads going on, some of the events are chargeable but they are usually a couple of pound, most of the events are free and all donations go to chairty.

The beach and town are very clean, great quirky shops, awesome fish and chips and of course punch and judy on the beach. Absolutely stacks to visit in the local area, Old Harry Rocks, Sandbanks, Corfe Castle, The old Swanage Pier, Swanage Lighthouse, Swanage Railway.

A bit about the week:

Swanage Regatta and Carnival is the premier carnival on the South Coast.
Swanage Carnival 2008 Over 100 events take place during Swanage Carnival week, there is something for everyone:- live music every day, the half marathon, sand castle competitions, the sailing regatta, treasure hunts, magnificent firework displays and not forgetting one of the longest processions around.

Hope this helps someone who might be looking for something to do in a weeks time, I'm sure once you go you'll go back for years.

another good website for info on Swanage:

virtual-swanage.co.uk

14 Comments

Going to Swanage in August with the kids... Lovely place

Original Poster

I also hear that the Red Arrows will be there again this year giving a display, they were previously cancelled but it looks like they are back on :thumbsup:

Are there any good rockpooling beaches around?

*sigh* I love Swanage but I've already been away this year-maybe I could convince hubby we need a few days on the south coast-voted hot!

Original Poster

sharon.turnbull2;5813463

*sigh* I love Swanage but I've already been away this year-maybe I could … *sigh* I love Swanage but I've already been away this year-maybe I could convince hubby we need a few days on the south coast-voted hot!

Sharon you should definitely try and convince your husband, think of all the ice cream, entertainment, sun (hopefully) I hope you succeed ;-)

Banned

Hows the temperature?

Original Poster

moderate to cool :roll:

Banned

Dannyb2007;5817263

moderate to cool :roll:

Bit like this non-deal!

Original Poster

well it was up to 55 when you spammed it so wasn't doing too bad, answer me this out of cuiosity, how's it any different to the air shows, or the big Cardiff weekend?

Banned

Dannyb2007;5817283

well it was up to 55 when you spammed it so wasn't doing too bad, answer … well it was up to 55 when you spammed it so wasn't doing too bad, answer me this out of cuiosity, how's it any different to the air shows, or the big Cardiff weekend?

If it makes you feel any better Danny Boy, my reaction would have been the same for them too.

They are not deals, they may possibly be freebies, but really its just information.

Like I said - I love Swanage - I have many good memories from that place, and one involving a huge storm and helping some fit girls tie their caravan down before it flew down the hill.

Admin

no more arguing guys please

Banned

Dannyb2007;5811147

I also hear that the Red Arrows will be there again this year giving a … I also hear that the Red Arrows will be there again this year giving a display, they were previously cancelled but it looks like they are back on :thumbsup:

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Chia;5813350

Are there any good rockpooling beaches around?

be careful you don't slip now! could be nasty and you may need to sue someone for compo!

vibeone;5817305

If it makes you feel any better Danny Boy, my reaction would have been … If it makes you feel any better Danny Boy, my reaction would have been the same for them too.They are not deals, they may possibly be freebies, but really its just information.Like I said - I love Swanage - I have many good memories from that place, and one involving a huge storm and helping some fit girls tie their caravan down before it flew down the hill.

spoilsport!:whistling:

Dannyb2007;5814485

Kimmeridge Bay is the place to go, not too far from Swanage town]Google … Kimmeridge Bay is the place to go, not too far from Swanage town]Google Map Directions from Swanage]Kimmeridge Bay]Guided Rockpooling toursThe Jurassic coast as you will see extends some distance...:thumbsup: happy rockpooling

Thanks, repped!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764012
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094
    3. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    4. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381

See more discussions