Expired

Swap unwanted Christmas Gifts?

Found 31st Dec 2017
Just thought it might be fun if it’s allowed and anyone was interested in the idea? X

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

@HutchAW or @juliet_bravo can you possibly put on your batman suits and help @Love2shop25 out? No member on here should feel harrassed or intimidated by unwanted attention by fellow members. I’d like to think that in this utopian community of ours that mods not only police the deals but also members that have been reported for unwanted and inappropriate messages.
thanks in advance for any help you can give
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 31st Dec 2017

I asked for a puppy but instead got @Chanchi32 in a box. Would be happy to trade with someone. All I ask for is a Terry’s choc orange and that you beat him regularly. Ta.

Toptrumpet28 m ago

I’ve got half a terry’s chocolate orange and the original box but would be …I’ve got half a terry’s chocolate orange and the original box but would be willing to double up on the beatings?

32956935-GNxrn.jpg

That’ll be four beatings a day then. Probably best to space them out as you don’t want him dying on you. He does find good deals after all.

deeky22 m ago

In a box? Is that actually true? I know he didn't feel very well … In a box? Is that actually true? I know he didn't feel very well yesterday [Image]

It’s the last time I pay @shabbird to off him, Deek. He even put air holes in the box. No wonder he was cheap compared to the other contract killers.
77 Comments

No be grateful and gracious

Original Poster

Bandicoot9 m ago

No be grateful and gracious

I’m really grateful for everything I received!

Was just a idea... clearly a bad one lol x
Edited by: "Love2shop25" 31st Dec 2017

I don;t think it would be allowed anyway. They did away with the for sale/wanted/trade section ages ago. Only giveaways are allowed now.

Original Poster

deeky2 m ago

I don;t think it would be allowed anyway. They did away with the for …I don;t think it would be allowed anyway. They did away with the for sale/wanted/trade section ages ago. Only giveaways are allowed now.

Aww I didn’t know they used to have those sections, thanks for your reply x

I'd be happy with anything!
Only got 1 physical present to open this year!

If you’ve received a spare Halfords socket set or any other quality unwanted gift. You could always donate it to Deeky for his annual infamous Xmas competition.

Toptrumpet5 m ago

If you’ve received a spare Halfords socket set or any other quality u …If you’ve received a spare Halfords socket set or any other quality unwanted gift. You could always donate it to Deeky for his annual infamous Xmas competition.

Socket set? I would never offer such shoddy prizes, even if they had a lifetime guarantee

I asked for a puppy but instead got @Chanchi32 in a box. Would be happy to trade with someone. All I ask for is a Terry’s choc orange and that you beat him regularly. Ta.

I’ve got half a terry’s chocolate orange and the original box but would be willing to double up on the beatings?

Biddy29 m ago

I asked for a puppy but instead got @Chanchi32 in a box. Would be happy to …I asked for a puppy but instead got @Chanchi32 in a box. Would be happy to trade with someone. All I ask for is a Terry’s choc orange and that you beat him regularly. Ta.

In a box? Is that actually true? I know he didn't feel very well yesterday

32956762-RDazC.jpg

Toptrumpet28 m ago

I’ve got half a terry’s chocolate orange and the original box but would be …I’ve got half a terry’s chocolate orange and the original box but would be willing to double up on the beatings?

32956935-GNxrn.jpg

That’ll be four beatings a day then. Probably best to space them out as you don’t want him dying on you. He does find good deals after all.

deeky22 m ago

In a box? Is that actually true? I know he didn't feel very well … In a box? Is that actually true? I know he didn't feel very well yesterday [Image]

It’s the last time I pay @shabbird to off him, Deek. He even put air holes in the box. No wonder he was cheap compared to the other contract killers.

chuckiedoll3 h, 59 m ago

I'd be happy with anything!Only got 1 physical present to open this year! …I'd be happy with anything!Only got 1 physical present to open this year!

Me as well
Sign o' the times as the great man sang.

I thought bananarama sang that

@Love2shop25 probably best to change your avatar picture to a Halfords socket set. That should stop any weirdos stalking you.

Original Poster

Toptrumpet10 m ago

@Love2shop25 probably best to change your avatar picture to a Halfords …@Love2shop25 probably best to change your avatar picture to a Halfords socket set. That should stop any weirdos stalking you.

Yeah I’ve been meaning to take it off as I’ve noticed not many members have a picture of themselves as their profile picture and I now know why lol

Thank you x

Dark.

What happened?

Op started to get unwanted attention (pm’s) from some weirdo on here and expired the thread

Toptrumpet2 m ago

Op started to get unwanted attention (pm’s) from some weirdo on here and e …Op started to get unwanted attention (pm’s) from some weirdo on here and expired the thread

Weirdos? On here? Never!

Original Poster

g8spur18 m ago

What happened?

This strange member who’s only posted on 1 other topic a week or 2 ago started harassing me on this topic but I got the posts deleted and then started voting on my old deals and commenting on all my deals and then had the cheek to try and whined me up via inbox then muted me so I couldn’t send a load of abuse as a reply... just stalker/strange behaviour xx

Can’t a mod ban this member for harassment.?

Original Poster

Toptrumpet1 m ago

Can’t a mod ban this member for harassment.?

I’ve asked them to remove his posts and explained etc x

Well someone’s been threatened with a ban just for ‘inciting an argument’, so I would have thought anyone suspected of harassment and especially since you’ve asked them to remove his posts etc a mod should’ve intervened by now and issued a ban on the culprit

Anyone know a mod username that could address the situation please.

We have some good members on here, sorry you got a bad un Hope this doesn't put you off posting deals or chatting on misc

Original Poster

Toptrumpet7 m ago

Well someone’s been threatened with a ban just for ‘inciting an argument’, …Well someone’s been threatened with a ban just for ‘inciting an argument’, so I would have thought anyone suspected of harassment and especially since you’ve asked them to remove his posts etc a mod should’ve intervened by now and issued a ban on the culprit

Thank you so much for your help hun I really appreciate it...
I’m hunting for a picture of my mams cat so sad stalkers can’t pick fault with my picture lol xx

HotUKDeals TeamFabiCEO - PEPPERFinding products cheaper is my passion - I don’t stop until I’ve found the very best deal. Yes, you could call it an obsession! No matter if tech, travel, hotels or fashion. As I’m often more interested in the details around the price than the actual product, hotukdeals (and mostly mydealz as I’m based in Berlin) is self-therapy so to say. Every time I hear that someone paid too much for something, it gives me palpitations.juliet_bravoCOUNTRY MANAGEI’ve been lucky enough to have been involved in the hotukdeals community for 11 years and I’ve loved being a part of it as it’s grown and changed. In leading the UK team my goal is to make sure that no matter what happens, the community remains the focus. Love travel deals, gin, a bit of fell-running, gadgets I don’t need and NIKE, and I’m on first name terms with the guy at the cardboard box recycling centreDannyGENERAL MANAGERI joined in 2016 to build the team that supports hotukdeals, to ensure excellence in everything we do, and to make the UK office the #1 place to work outside of Silicon Valley. Hobbies include going on motivational cake-buying runs, changing lightbulbs, and pursuing the holy grail of universally acceptable office music.AndywedgeMODERATORJoined hotukdeals as a teenager and am now close to pensionable age. Married, 2 kids, 1 wife, 3 cats, supporter of Manchester City and ABMU. Lover of pies, Batman, Doctor Who and all things geeky. Often try to find and champion the quirky deals on HUKD to cement myself as King Nerd of The Nerdy People. Live long and prosper and may the Force be with you.
BeerdrinkerMODERATOR

10+ years of experience in IT, member of hotukdeals since way back in 2010, lurker for many years before that! This weeks' obsession is currently brewing my own beer. Will give anything a go, from car mechanics, tiling a bathroom, building a brew-kettle, to converting a freezer to hold kegs with beer taps. Regularly tinkering with my Arduino & Raspberry Pi

BuzzdurabandEDITOR

I like gaming, opera and a bit of Alexa Bliss. When I'm not in the kitchen cooking my favourite Thai green chicken curry, you can usually find me flying my kite on the back field.

CrisscrossMODERATOR

I’m a big fan of reading, writing, tea, Netflix and joggers, and since leaving my copywriting background to join HUKD in 2016, online shopping has become a habit (this is a lie – it began a long time ago and has gotten much, much worse. I really needed that spiralizer, OK?). When my screen time comes to an end, I double as a climbing frame for my 2-year-old. I don’t mean to brag, but I’m very convincing.

EmribenaEDITOR

Mummykins to 3 soon to be 4 children. It's all about the deals baby and I never pay full price for anything. Joined the site in 2012 - got well and truly hooked and can be found hunting out the best deals on kids, baby, beauty, fashion and other random things as and when they come up. I can often be found enjoying a gin or 4 too!

GoonertillidieEDITOR TEAM LEAD

Social media junkie who heads up the editor team and helps out with a bit of social media on HotUKDeals Also a gamer dad and dealaholic football fan who joined way back in 2006 (damn I feel old!) Love a deal stack and trying to save you guys & girls a heap of cash (unlike me, I still have the deal bug and constantly buy things I'll never need!)

HutchAWMODERATOR

One of the newer members of the Mod team, starting in 2016, I try to welcome and assist new members whilst ensuring that all deals are valid, correct and working fine. You'll usually find me lurking (and PM-ing) most evenings, once my two little dudes are tucked up in bed. Residing in the beautiful rolling greens of Lancashire (think Yorkshire, but better), I entirely caffeine-fuelled, work in the Aerospace industry by day and at night prowl the mean streets of HUKD. Kind of like a rubbish Batman.

Magicjay1986MODERATOR TEAM LEAD

Stumbled across the site 10 years ago and despite almost quitting daily during the HotUKDeals Christmas Lights competition in 2011 i'm still around. Outside of work my family really enjoy spending time with me, I try to play football a few times a week, enjoy going to gigs and I probably shouldn't still be collecting Nintendo toys at my age. “You know, this is a business. I’m not doing this for an ‘Esther Rantzen Heart of Gold’, or if Esther’s handing out awards, then do it for my charity work. Five fun runs in two years."

MillarcatEDITOR

My passion for a 'wee' bargain led me to HUKD waaaaaaay back in 2005 and it's become a big part of my life! You'll find me hunting out deals on the forums and making sure the latest hot offer lands on your Facebook feed! I have a love / hate relationship with running which is fuelled by my LOVE of food! I'm a happy girl after a run, lamb korma, bottle of beer and the latest show on netflix.

MsmythEDITOR

I joined the site all the way back in 2006 and have been hooked ever since! Lover of gaming, and all things tech related. I also spend way too much time in Photoshop. When I'm not online, I try to keep active as much as possible. I play Ice Hockey in my spare time and really enjoy it. I've also been trying (unsuccessfully) to grow a beard, and I'm determined not to give up, no matter how patchy it may be.

NeotrixEDITOR

Saving money is one of my many hobbies! I’m also a musician, tech fan, PC enthusiast, gamer and dropper-of-terrible-puns. I'm that guy that tries to buy things like a deal ninja, striking when the time is just right. I've been wandering the forums for around 9 years, finally joining in 2010.

NiceroundpoundMODERATOR

Bargain hunter, music lover, foodie & occasional gamer Joined early 2016 and loving it. Not strictly from an I.T background having worked in social care and then a good few years in retail so this has been a real learning curve but one that I have enjoyed!

ShanePARTNERSHIPS MANAGER

Deals, Arsenal, Eat, Gym, Sleep - repeat. My love for chocolate is the reason i have to go to the gym, call it a balancing act. Dairy Milk over Galaxy all day, every day. If you haven’t added lime cordial to your G&T drink you’re missing out. Recently joined in 2017 and really excited to be part of this passionate hotukdeals community.

SigmaFORUM SUPERVISOR

I joined hotukdeals over 10 years ago looking for bargains for my family and ended up staying around to watch it grow. I'm a busy Mum who can't live without my Kindle and enjoy movies on the big screen (Marvel fangirl - I may be a little bit of a geek) as well as a wide mix of TV but avoid all things football (unlike the rest of my family and some of the other Mods - meh).

SyzableMODERATOR

Old timer, joined the site in 2006 looking for a voucher code and have been here ever since and I do love a deal glitch/misprice. I can usually be found snoring on the sofa where I seem to spend the majority of my day (LIFE!). In fact i'm known as Sloth to my colleagues due to my slight tendency to doze off and avoid moving if possible. When I do actually move I can usually be found on the sideline of a football pitch somewhere watching my boys play whether in School or League games or being made to run the line.

WishihadadonkeyMODERATOR

Big lover of creature features, anime, marmite, dodgy kebabs, scotch eggs, fancy dress & inflatables! Passionate about my family & I’m owned by 2 hairy, slobbery St. Bernard dogs. I first joined in 2009 looking for baby offers, caught the bargain hunting bug & started posting deals. First to admit I'm not the "techiest" of people, but like to think over the years I've improved a bit & can now confidently work the blu-ray player.

Hope this helps

Good luck with getting a stalker to stop contacting you, even when there's all the proof in the world. They just delete the comments

Ps happy new year everybody!!!
im going out so won't be able to say it later. Best wishes to you all, have a good night and here's to a great (or better) 20018

@LeahsMintytoutou
and a happy new year to you too. Enjoy yourself and stay safe.

LeahsMintytoutou9 m ago

Ps happy new year everybody!!! im going out so won't be able to say it …Ps happy new year everybody!!! im going out so won't be able to say it later. Best wishes to you all, have a good night and here's to a great (or better) 20018

Ditto, hope you have a wonderful time

@HutchAW or @juliet_bravo can you possibly put on your batman suits and help @Love2shop25 out? No member on here should feel harrassed or intimidated by unwanted attention by fellow members. I’d like to think that in this utopian community of ours that mods not only police the deals but also members that have been reported for unwanted and inappropriate messages.
thanks in advance for any help you can give

Toptrumpet12 m ago

@HutchAW or @juliet_bravo can you possibly put on your batman suits and …@HutchAW or @juliet_bravo can you possibly put on your batman suits and help @Love2shop25 out? No member on here should feel harrassed or intimidated by unwanted attention by fellow members. I’d like to think that in this utopian community of ours that mods not only police the deals but also members that have been reported for unwanted and inappropriate messages.thanks in advance for any help you can give

Very well put

summerof7615 m ago

Ditto, hope you have a wonderful time

Thanks, you too

Toptrumpet21 m ago

@LeahsMintytoutou and a happy new year to you too. Enjoy yourself and stay …@LeahsMintytoutou and a happy new year to you too. Enjoy yourself and stay safe.

Thankyou, will do, knowing me I'll be home just after midnight lol. Get sick n tired when ppl are too drunk

Original Poster

summerof7634 m ago

HotUKDeals TeamFabiCEO - PEPPERFinding products cheaper is my passion - I …HotUKDeals TeamFabiCEO - PEPPERFinding products cheaper is my passion - I don’t stop until I’ve found the very best deal. Yes, you could call it an obsession! No matter if tech, travel, hotels or fashion. As I’m often more interested in the details around the price than the actual product, hotukdeals (and mostly mydealz as I’m based in Berlin) is self-therapy so to say. Every time I hear that someone paid too much for something, it gives me palpitations.juliet_bravoCOUNTRY MANAGEI’ve been lucky enough to have been involved in the hotukdeals community for 11 years and I’ve loved being a part of it as it’s grown and changed. In leading the UK team my goal is to make sure that no matter what happens, the community remains the focus. Love travel deals, gin, a bit of fell-running, gadgets I don’t need and NIKE, and I’m on first name terms with the guy at the cardboard box recycling centreDannyGENERAL MANAGERI joined in 2016 to build the team that supports hotukdeals, to ensure excellence in everything we do, and to make the UK office the #1 place to work outside of Silicon Valley. Hobbies include going on motivational cake-buying runs, changing lightbulbs, and pursuing the holy grail of universally acceptable office music.AndywedgeMODERATORJoined hotukdeals as a teenager and am now close to pensionable age. Married, 2 kids, 1 wife, 3 cats, supporter of Manchester City and ABMU. Lover of pies, Batman, Doctor Who and all things geeky. Often try to find and champion the quirky deals on HUKD to cement myself as King Nerd of The Nerdy People. Live long and prosper and may the Force be with you.BeerdrinkerMODERATOR10+ years of experience in IT, member of hotukdeals since way back in 2010, lurker for many years before that! This weeks' obsession is currently brewing my own beer. Will give anything a go, from car mechanics, tiling a bathroom, building a brew-kettle, to converting a freezer to hold kegs with beer taps. Regularly tinkering with my Arduino & Raspberry PiBuzzdurabandEDITORI like gaming, opera and a bit of Alexa Bliss. When I'm not in the kitchen cooking my favourite Thai green chicken curry, you can usually find me flying my kite on the back field.CrisscrossMODERATORI’m a big fan of reading, writing, tea, Netflix and joggers, and since leaving my copywriting background to join HUKD in 2016, online shopping has become a habit (this is a lie – it began a long time ago and has gotten much, much worse. I really needed that spiralizer, OK?). When my screen time comes to an end, I double as a climbing frame for my 2-year-old. I don’t mean to brag, but I’m very convincing.EmribenaEDITORMummykins to 3 soon to be 4 children. It's all about the deals baby and I never pay full price for anything. Joined the site in 2012 - got well and truly hooked and can be found hunting out the best deals on kids, baby, beauty, fashion and other random things as and when they come up. I can often be found enjoying a gin or 4 too!GoonertillidieEDITOR TEAM LEADSocial media junkie who heads up the editor team and helps out with a bit of social media on HotUKDeals Also a gamer dad and dealaholic football fan who joined way back in 2006 (damn I feel old!) Love a deal stack and trying to save you guys & girls a heap of cash (unlike me, I still have the deal bug and constantly buy things I'll never need!)HutchAWMODERATOROne of the newer members of the Mod team, starting in 2016, I try to welcome and assist new members whilst ensuring that all deals are valid, correct and working fine. You'll usually find me lurking (and PM-ing) most evenings, once my two little dudes are tucked up in bed. Residing in the beautiful rolling greens of Lancashire (think Yorkshire, but better), I entirely caffeine-fuelled, work in the Aerospace industry by day and at night prowl the mean streets of HUKD. Kind of like a rubbish Batman.Magicjay1986MODERATOR TEAM LEADStumbled across the site 10 years ago and despite almost quitting daily during the HotUKDeals Christmas Lights competition in 2011 i'm still around. Outside of work my family really enjoy spending time with me, I try to play football a few times a week, enjoy going to gigs and I probably shouldn't still be collecting Nintendo toys at my age. “You know, this is a business. I’m not doing this for an ‘Esther Rantzen Heart of Gold’, or if Esther’s handing out awards, then do it for my charity work. Five fun runs in two years."MillarcatEDITORMy passion for a 'wee' bargain led me to HUKD waaaaaaay back in 2005 and it's become a big part of my life! You'll find me hunting out deals on the forums and making sure the latest hot offer lands on your Facebook feed! I have a love / hate relationship with running which is fuelled by my LOVE of food! I'm a happy girl after a run, lamb korma, bottle of beer and the latest show on netflix.MsmythEDITORI joined the site all the way back in 2006 and have been hooked ever since! Lover of gaming, and all things tech related. I also spend way too much time in Photoshop. When I'm not online, I try to keep active as much as possible. I play Ice Hockey in my spare time and really enjoy it. I've also been trying (unsuccessfully) to grow a beard, and I'm determined not to give up, no matter how patchy it may be.NeotrixEDITORSaving money is one of my many hobbies! I’m also a musician, tech fan, PC enthusiast, gamer and dropper-of-terrible-puns. I'm that guy that tries to buy things like a deal ninja, striking when the time is just right. I've been wandering the forums for around 9 years, finally joining in 2010.NiceroundpoundMODERATORBargain hunter, music lover, foodie & occasional gamer Joined early 2016 and loving it. Not strictly from an I.T background having worked in social care and then a good few years in retail so this has been a real learning curve but one that I have enjoyed!ShanePARTNERSHIPS MANAGERDeals, Arsenal, Eat, Gym, Sleep - repeat. My love for chocolate is the reason i have to go to the gym, call it a balancing act. Dairy Milk over Galaxy all day, every day. If you haven’t added lime cordial to your G&T drink you’re missing out. Recently joined in 2017 and really excited to be part of this passionate hotukdeals community.SigmaFORUM SUPERVISORI joined hotukdeals over 10 years ago looking for bargains for my family and ended up staying around to watch it grow. I'm a busy Mum who can't live without my Kindle and enjoy movies on the big screen (Marvel fangirl - I may be a little bit of a geek) as well as a wide mix of TV but avoid all things football (unlike the rest of my family and some of the other Mods - meh).SyzableMODERATOROld timer, joined the site in 2006 looking for a voucher code and have been here ever since and I do love a deal glitch/misprice. I can usually be found snoring on the sofa where I seem to spend the majority of my day (LIFE!). In fact i'm known as Sloth to my colleagues due to my slight tendency to doze off and avoid moving if possible. When I do actually move I can usually be found on the sideline of a football pitch somewhere watching my boys play whether in School or League games or being made to run the line.WishihadadonkeyMODERATORBig lover of creature features, anime, marmite, dodgy kebabs, scotch eggs, fancy dress & inflatables! Passionate about my family & I’m owned by 2 hairy, slobbery St. Bernard dogs. I first joined in 2009 looking for baby offers, caught the bargain hunting bug & started posting deals. First to admit I'm not the "techiest" of people, but like to think over the years I've improved a bit & can now confidently work the blu-ray player.Hope this helps

Omg thank you so much!! xxx

Love2shop258 m ago

Hope someone can help you All the bad guys I know are banned

Love2shop2514 m ago

Good luck. I also have a horrid stalker who is constantly harassing me on here.

I wish I had a stalker. I have just enabled following, so here's hoping

Love2shop252 h, 37 m ago

Yeah I’ve been meaning to take it off as I’ve noticed not many members hav …Yeah I’ve been meaning to take it off as I’ve noticed not many members have a picture of themselves as their profile picture and I now know why lol Thank you x

Probably best to change your profile pic. It’s making @deeky and myself feel self conscious about our baldness with all the hair you have.

Oh and the stalker thing too but yeah, mainly for making us feel self conscious. Ta.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants