Groups

Swapping out worn thumbsticks on a 360 pad

Just wondered if anyone had done this and if it's easy enough?

been given a gears 3 pad but the left stick is worn so i've ordered a replacement set.

Any soldering etc required? as cant find a tut on google just for replacing worn sticks rather than the full thumbstick mechanism

6 Comments

Editor

is easy, remove all the screws, there is a small board inside, unscrew and pop them off, just make sur eyou dont lose any parts. i changed mine in about 5-10 mins, there are vids on yourtube to help.

Banned

Wowsers!

You may need a torx t8 screw driver, but v easy to do.

Original Poster

NeoTrix

is easy, remove all the screws, there is a small board inside, unscrew … is easy, remove all the screws, there is a small board inside, unscrew and pop them off, just make sur eyou dont lose any parts. i changed mine in about 5-10 mins, there are vids on yourtube to help.

Cheers mate, had a 360 controller in bits before, but that was for something different, not something i make a habit of doing.

Original Poster

CheapAssGamer

You may need a torx t8 screw driver, but v easy to do.

Got one with the thumbstick pack, sure i've got a set kicking around but having spares never hurt anyone.

Cheers for the replies.

very easy i modded mine to have bullets in buttons
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764211
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions