Swapping tyres to new wheels, TPMS sensors.

Found 11th Dec 2017
I have a set of alloys with winter tyres on them. I’m pretty sure one wheel has a crack, it’s loosing pressure quite badly but valve and tyre seem fine.
So I’m going to get the tyres swapped to a brand new set of steel wheels. The question is, do I need to get a new set of valve stems for the TPMS sensors as they will need swapped over too?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
What car do you have mate?
2015 Ford Focus. The wheels already get used on the car as well as my summer set. Sensors all paired etc. But not sure if the rubber stems will need replaced. Only a year old.
Oneday7719 m ago

2015 Ford Focus. The wheels already get used on the car as well as my …2015 Ford Focus. The wheels already get used on the car as well as my summer set. Sensors all paired etc. But not sure if the rubber stems will need replaced. Only a year old.

Should be ok if theyre changed carefully. Bit of a pain in the tits the ford tpm. Very sensitive lol.
123batman3211 h, 38 m ago

Should be ok if theyre changed carefully. Bit of a pain in the tits the …Should be ok if theyre changed carefully. Bit of a pain in the tits the ford tpm. Very sensitive lol.

Thanks. Could be worse I suppose.
On most cars the TPMS simply works by monitoring wheel revolutions, the idea being that a deflated tyre is smaller and will do more revolutions over a set distance, this setting of the TPMS.
SOUTHWALES3 h, 18 m ago

On most cars the TPMS simply works by monitoring wheel revolutions, the …On most cars the TPMS simply works by monitoring wheel revolutions, the idea being that a deflated tyre is smaller and will do more revolutions over a set distance, this setting of the TPMS.

That was early versions. My car definitely has sensors in each wheel. Dropped the wheels off with the garage they think a swap will be fine. Hope so.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants