Found 4th Dec 2010
After seeing a filter on the Enid Blyton book deal, are there any oddities you have seen?

For instance F.a.n.n.y. is blocked, but Dick is allowed.

Both are use to describe genitals, and both are names, and i can't think of any other use for them. So either both should be blocked or both should be allowed.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
42 Comments

fannybaws is ok

**** pack?

Banned

Another flaw, in theory you should now be infracted because you have knowingly avoided the swear filter with a certain word. but you wont be.

so there are a few oddities around. i wouldnt worry about it. i do see your point though

Banned

****?

Banned

Douche?

Original Poster

I've just thought, in America it is a perfectly acceptable word, they call bumbags fannypacks

Doesn't douche mean shower in French? I guess it means someone is, what some may call, a wetter.
Edited by: "peodude" 4th Dec 2010

Seems there just Dick Fanboys.

Surely that came out wrong.

One tit allowed but not a pair of ****!

Admin

We tend to look at the context in which words would / could be used and whether they're more likely to be used as offensive terms or as harmless banter. If there are any you think should / shouldn't be in, let us know and we'll make some amendments
Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 4th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Additionally, the preview feature shows the swearword, yet when posted it disappeared. The only way to check if you're allowed to say something or not is post it.

Banned

cock

DangerGod

cock

a doodle doo

Banned

nikkib123

a doodle doo

ok, so cock isnt voided out. but just say i said '' oh shut up you smelly cock'' would that be infactable?

Original Poster

Cock can't be filtered, it is a male hen. Just like bitch is a female dog, although watch that now get starred out.

Banned

I wish I could swear on this forum.

I would love to tell a member to f off.

Isn't "****" allowed on American TV, even making it onto an episode of the Simpsons?

Original Poster

I'm glad swearing is banned on here. Some forums are terrible with f's b's and c's thrown all over the place, even when they're not needed. Their is a place for swear words, like when you hit your thumb with a hammer, but not in every day speech.

Original Poster

NOTE TO MODS: I just reported Carley's post as a double posting, but when clicking other expecting a explanation box, none arrived.

supermod

Where a word can have a double meaning, and one of those meanings is perfectly acceptable in polite company, we tend not to filter it and rely on members following forum rules if they do choose to use the word out of context as a swear word or in a slang context that may be inappropriate. Unfortunately some words seem to have been added to the swear filter in error so I will ask for this womans name to be removed as well, thanks again.

The other swear word carly highlighted isn't being removed as the context that this is used in does not comply with forum rules, thanks

Edited by: "sigma" 4th Dec 2010

DLM

I wish I could swear on this forum.I would love to tell a member to f off.

Spill then?

sigma

The other swear word carley highlighted isn't being removed as the … The other swear word carley highlighted isn't being removed as the context that this is used in does not comply with forum rules, thanks

I've felt it strange that **** is banned but fap is allowed?

Carley

I've felt it strange that **** is banned but fap is allowed?

Why don't you just go and 'fap' yourself into oblivion then we wouldn't have to keep hearing you going on about it?

Banned

deek72

Spill then?

I think you already know

Where you been?

Banned

deek72

Where you been?

Today I went to Manchester Fort and spent my £5 Currys voucher.

Oooooh! splash the cash, flash

Banned

deek72

Oooooh! splash the cash, flash

Have you been working in the snow?

DLM

Have you been working in the snow?

Yeah, snow is no problem to us. We're professionals

One forum used to censor part of the word wristwatch

deek72

Yeah, snow is no problem to us. We're professionals

What is it you do?

can you use í é á etc to get round the filter? Haven't tried

Paddy_o_furniture

can you use í é á etc to get round the filter? Haven't tried

Yeh it does work.

Paddy_o_furniture

What is it you do?

Lol, the clue is in the avatar paddy

Banned

A douche is a device used to clean out the vagina as a contraceptive measure. Usually a sponge after intercourse. Americans use it as an insult.

DLM

I wish I could swear on this forum.I would love to tell a member to f off.

just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar ....

vagina is allowed but **** (v.a.g.i.n.a.l) isnt.

i know this as we use this quite a lot on the pregnancy board!!
Edited by: "magicbeans" 5th Dec 2010

Banned

magicbeans

vagina is allowed but **** (v.a.g.i.n.a.l) isnt.i know this as we use … vagina is allowed but **** (v.a.g.i.n.a.l) isnt.i know this as we use this quite a lot on the pregnancy board!!

Disgusting.

Banned

arcangel111

just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar ....

Ok (_;)

I keeping thinking of putting French Connection UK off.
Edited by: "DLM" 5th Dec 2010

vibeone

Disgusting.

haha....context wise is all good when talking about delivering babies!

Banned

magicbeans

haha....context wise is all good when talking about delivering babies!

You've completely put me off my wife now, cheers!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415464
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2952
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52115
    4. Wuntu codes give away22

See more discussions