Expired

Sweet Sundays - Is anyone having trouble claiming their tickets today?

Found 22nd Nov 2013
I have logged into my account and want to claim my tickets that are saved as I would like to use them this Sunday (which is the last day).

I cannot seem to get past the part where you select the cinema. Is anyone else having troubles or can someone please advise me.

Thank you
Community Updates
16 Comments
Did you 'bank' all your codes by the 8th November 2013?

I'm pretty sure you had to do that, as well as choosing the cinema and its location. Then you would have got the code via e-mail/text message, and then you could have redeemed it this Sunday - this only applies if you were trying to claim for a Cineworld ticket.

I'm not 100% sure for the other cinema chains, although I still think you had to do the first bit before 8th November 2013 too.

Although if you want to double-check, then I would contact Sweet Sundays via their contact form on the website ASAP, although I don't know whether you will get a response by Sunday. Or alternatively, try and get the phone number for M&M's Head Office, and see if they can put you through to a department which can deal with this - at least then you will get a response instantly.

Hope this helps,
Transformers
Edited by: "Transformers" 22nd Nov 2013
Original Poster
Transformers

Did you 'bank' all your codes by the 8th November 2013?I'm pretty sure … Did you 'bank' all your codes by the 8th November 2013?I'm pretty sure you had to do that, as well as choosing the cinema and its location. Then you would have got the code via e-mail/text message, and then you could have redeemed it this Sunday - this only applies if you were trying to claim for a Cineworld ticket. I'm not 100% sure for the other cinema chains, although I still think you had to do the first bit before 8th November 2013 too.Although if you want to double-check, then I would contact Sweet Sundays via their contact form on the website ASAP, although I don't know whether you will get a response by Sunday. Or alternatively, try and get the phone number for M&M's Head Office, and see if they can put you through to a department which can deal with this - at least then you will get a response instantly.Hope this helps,Transformers

Thanks Transformers, I did bank my codes but since contacting them have realised I needed to have reedeemed ticket by choosing a cinema. I waited until today as film I was going to see is released today & was hoping I could checking screening times & locations for a few Cineworld options I have before confirming cinema. I knew I had until Sunday to use ticket but missed out due to my misunderstanding !

Thanks again.
Edited by: "sustar" 22nd Nov 2013
I've missed out too on a ticket as I had banked the codes but not claimed the ticket for a particular cinema before the 8th November.

Original Poster
thetarget

I've missed out too on a ticket as I had banked the codes but not claimed … I've missed out too on a ticket as I had banked the codes but not claimed the ticket for a particular cinema before the 8th November.

Sorry you missed out too. I had banked my codes well before 8th November but thought since I wanted to go to a Cineworld I could wait until today & then have code emailed to me. Oh well, lesson learnt.
sustar

Thanks Transformers, I did bank my codes but since contacting them have … Thanks Transformers, I did bank my codes but since contacting them have realised I needed to have reedeemed ticket by choosing a cinema. I waited until today as film I was going to see is released today & was hoping I could checking screening times & locations for a few Cineworld options I have before confirming cinema. I knew I had until Sunday to use ticket but missed out due to my misunderstanding !Thanks again.

You're welcome sustar.

Sorry to hear that it's too late now, but at least you know for future Sweet Sundays promotions. I'm guessing you phoned them, as you got a quick response, am I right?

By the way was the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire by any chance? It's just a guess.
Original Poster
Yes, I had sent a message via the 'contact us' link on the website & the found a telephone number before you kindly replied. Spoke to them who confirmed what you had said & my misunderstanding.

Correct around the film but also did have watching 'The Family' as another - also released today.

Big lesson learnt & it was my first time trying to use the sweet Sunday codes.
sustar

Yes, I had sent a message via the 'contact us' link on the website & the … Yes, I had sent a message via the 'contact us' link on the website & the found a telephone number before you kindly replied. Spoke to them who confirmed what you had said & my misunderstanding.Correct around the film but also did have watching 'The Family' as another - also released today.Big lesson learnt & it was my first time trying to use the sweet Sunday codes.

Oh, okay then.

I'm probably going to watch Catching Fire myself too with my Sweet Sundays code, hence the guess.
sustar

Sorry you missed out too. I had banked my codes well before 8th November … Sorry you missed out too. I had banked my codes well before 8th November but thought since I wanted to go to a Cineworld I could wait until today & then have code emailed to me. Oh well, lesson learnt.

I had banked way before the 8th Nov too and was saving a 'icket claim code for something to watch at Cineworld. Was going to use the free ticket to see Blue is the Warmest Colour as it got praise at Cannes.

Maybe they'll roll over the spare codes to next year if they repeat the promotion. If not it is not such a big deal. A shame they did not allow for Cineworld tickets to be claimed up until the 24th Nov.
Original Poster
thetarget

I had banked way before the 8th Nov too and was saving a 'icket claim … I had banked way before the 8th Nov too and was saving a 'icket claim code for something to watch at Cineworld. Was going to use the free ticket to see Blue is the Warmest Colour as it got praise at Cannes.Maybe they'll roll over the spare codes to next year if they repeat the promotion. If not it is not such a big deal. A shame they did not allow for Cineworld tickets to be claimed up until the 24th Nov.

Would be good if they do roll over....would have been nice to see another movie without having to pay but I guess I should not have not have left it to the last moment.
I have 2 tickets banked ages ago and trying to claim to go tomorrow and not letting me claim codes either not a happy person.
sathomson

I have 2 tickets banked ages ago and trying to claim to go tomorrow and … I have 2 tickets banked ages ago and trying to claim to go tomorrow and not letting me claim codes either not a happy person.

We've found out that not only did you have to bank the 4 codes for each ticket before the 8th Nov but you also had to select a cinema and claim a ticket code before the 8th Nov too. Sneaky T&Cs but it is stated in them.
I am having the same problem here.
If you go to the sweetsundays front page,it tells you"The promotion is now closed. If you’ve already registered for a SWEET SUNDAYS® account, and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November. All tickets must be used by this date."
It clearly says "and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November"
So why are they not letting me claim my tickets?When I tried to claim they just became greyed out and I got no email conformation.

I have emailed them twice,no reply at all.I registered my tickets a couple of months ago,way before this 8th November cut off.
I am owed by Mars and will keep badgering the until I get my tickets.
if anyone wants tickets i have 2 that I am not going to use. PM me and I will send u details

oh wait I see it is greyed out. fail
Edited by: "daze24" 24th Nov 2013
Mars customer service : 0800 952 1234

The "CLAIM YOUR TICKET" button is greyed out. I will be calling them promptly tomorrow morning (ruined my Sunday). I suggest others do too. I have taken screen images of the wording on the home page:

"If you’ve already registered for a SWEET SUNDAYS® account, and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November. All tickets must be used by this date."
Mars Chocolate UK Ltd

3D Dundee Road
Slough, Berkshire
SL1 4LG
Phone Number: 44 (0) 1664 410 000

Email Address: contact@uk.mars.com

Registration number: 6649984

VAT Number: GB 209 3486 57
Original Poster
HookSlicer

I am having the same problem here.If you go to the sweetsundays front … I am having the same problem here.If you go to the sweetsundays front page,it tells you"The promotion is now closed. If you’ve already registered for a SWEET SUNDAYS® account, and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November. All tickets must be used by this date."It clearly says "and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November"So why are they not letting me claim my tickets?When I tried to claim they just became greyed out and I got no email conformation.I have emailed them twice,no reply at all.I registered my tickets a couple of months ago,way before this 8th November cut off.I am owed by Mars and will keep badgering the until I get my tickets.

Kevlar Engineer

Mars customer service : 0800 952 1234The "CLAIM YOUR TICKET" button is … Mars customer service : 0800 952 1234The "CLAIM YOUR TICKET" button is greyed out. I will be calling them promptly tomorrow morning (ruined my Sunday). I suggest others do too. I have taken screen images of the wording on the home page:"If you’ve already registered for a SWEET SUNDAYS® account, and wish to log in to redeem a ticket, you may do so until Sunday 24th November. All tickets must be used by this date."

I contacted them via the contact us link on the website & telephone them on Friday. The lady I spoke to on the phone stated you needed to have banked the codes and redeemed your tickets by 8th November. You then had until 24th Nov to use the tickets. She states this was in the T&Cs and by doing this cinemas knew how many redemptions were going to take place & for those that wanted to use at other than Cineworld had time to receive the vouchers.

The Email response I received was this:

"I'm sorry you've not been able to enter our Sweet Sundays promotion.

Unfortunately the offer only ran between 7th June 2013 and 8th November 2013 as stated on our promotional packs and also on the website. The deadline for claiming your Sweet Sundays tickets was 23:59 on Friday 8th November, as per our terms and conditions. All your codes needed to be banked and your tickets claimed by this deadline.

I'm sorry if this has caused any disappointment. Thanks again for contacting us and please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any of our products or promotions."

I asked if anything else could be done, i.e. allow me codes to use despite the greyed out boxes & she said that it would be against a their terms and conditions.

She claimed on the phone that's issues would be 'fed back' in case they run similar promotions in the future.
Edited by: "sustar" 24th Nov 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions