Swimming Fitness Tracker

Posted 9th Jul
Hi. Swimming is my sport but with pools being closed I’ve had to revert to open water swimming. Consequently I’m looking for a cheap tracker I can use to monitor distance and pace as the lake isn’t 25m long and there’s no pace clock 😁. Not concerned about using it for anything else, just open water swimming. Everything I’ve looked at online points to fitbits, Garmin, and the like, but I really don’t want to be spending that kind of money. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks- Jase
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
amazfit BIP is maybe a cheap option?

just avoid the Lite version that although cheaper has no GPS.
Uridium09/07/2020 11:44

amazfit BIP is maybe a cheap option?just avoid the Lite version that …amazfit BIP is maybe a cheap option?just avoid the Lite version that although cheaper has no GPS.

Thanks for that - not heard of it before. Been onto the website and unfortunately it says in the small print notes at the bottom that it shouldn’t be worn during swimming
The honor bands monitor swimming and are waterproof and cheap as owt
Willful Smartwatch seems pretty good
Edited by: "Weby007" 9th Jul
nopartylikeansclubparty09/07/2020 12:42

The honor bands monitor swimming and are waterproof and cheap as owt

Thanks for that - had a look and they only seem suitable for pools as you have to put in the pool length before you start tracking
Weby00709/07/2020 12:57

Willful Smartwatch seems pretty good

Thanks - doesn’t track swimming data though
a666andy09/07/2020 13:01

Agreed, seen them for around 24quid on here recentlyI got the Huawei band …Agreed, seen them for around 24quid on here recentlyI got the Huawei band 3 pro that does what you want and that has been good prices recentlyHuawei Band 3 proHonor band 5

Yes, that looks the biz......and cheap. Thanks massively
deleted11933
What is your performance measurement?
Open water swimming is never going to be the same pace as in a pool anyway..
deleted1193309/07/2020 13:56

What is your performance measurement?Open water swimming is never going to …What is your performance measurement?Open water swimming is never going to be the same pace as in a pool anyway..

Distance and time primarily
jkofnottingham09/07/2020 11:50

Thanks for that - not heard of it before. Been onto the website and …Thanks for that - not heard of it before. Been onto the website and unfortunately it says in the small print notes at the bottom that it shouldn’t be worn during swimming

dunno why as they are waterproof and have a swimming activity!

Edit: my mistake I was thinking of my Amazfit GTR that had the swimming activity. In fact it is actually an open water swimming activity .

The GTR is a cracking piece of kit for the £90 it cost me though
Edited by: "Uridium" 9th Jul
I use pool mate watch. Battery lasts about 2 years but only ware when I swim
Edited by: "wayners" 9th Jul
Don't know if it qualifies as cheap but if you have an iphone i'd go for a series 3 apple watch. Got mine for 120. The thing is the most waterproof smart device i've seen. Apple shows it worn swimming pools etc in there ads. It has a water mode and there's a toggle to expel excess water from the system. Fairly accurate too. Now it's a bit more but u can always sell it for little loss.
neofyt0510/07/2020 10:57

Don't know if it qualifies as cheap but if you have an iphone i'd go for a …Don't know if it qualifies as cheap but if you have an iphone i'd go for a series 3 apple watch. Got mine for 120. The thing is the most waterproof smart device i've seen. Apple shows it worn swimming pools etc in there ads. It has a water mode and there's a toggle to expel excess water from the system. Fairly accurate too. Now it's a bit more but u can always sell it for little loss.

Where did you find it for £120?
Weby00710/07/2020 12:04

Where did you find it for £120?

I got mine off ebay. Apple were selling it from 160ish refurbished so don't pay more than 120. Ebay it or gumtree it. It will receive the new OS version coming later this year too.
Post a comment
@
    Text